PDA

View Full Version : Get your cameras out! Faceplate Database Assistance Program

SpaceGhost2K
05-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi there. :}

Kamshaft and FragMasterB just about have the data entry part of the Database completed. While they continue working on the visual interface and "searching" aspect of the database, I will be populating it. That means putting the data into it.

I have over 150 pictures of faceplates in a folder on my desktop, and there are very few of them that are the quality I was hoping for for the database. Please don't take this as me just not being happy with your efforts. I'm including myself in this, too. I want to have the nicest pictures we can get, and there are very few where I would say that applies.

Here are some of the issues I'm seeing with the pictures I have:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/EternalSonata-Beat1.jpghttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/EternalSonata-Beat3.jpg

Perspective. One of these was taken from the side so that the other side of the plate can't be seen. I did that one. The other one was taken from the bottom so that the top is shrunk. Makes a nice picture of the character end of the plate, but the plate doesn't look like it's shaped properly.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/JohnWoosStranglehold.jpg

Fingerprints. Also background. If it's dark and glossy, the fingerprints need to be wiped off. Plates also need to be on a background that is complementary. Light plates should have a dark background, dark plates should have a light background, and "busy" plates with a lot of detail or bright colors should be on a neutral background, like gray or tan. Kamshaft suggested that I go get some Bristol Boards 'cause they're cheap.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CivilizationRevolution.jpg

Flash. This plate is rotated a bit, which can be fixed, but it was taken directly above or in front of the plate so it's the same size at both ends. The issues this pic has is that the flash is fading out the picture, plus it's bouncing off the shiny, uneven background.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/DeadorAliveKasumipackage.jpg

Lighting and focus. This plate looks like it was photographed without enough light, washing the colors out and making it look like it is out of focus.

Next post, some plates that work.

SpaceGhost2K
05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/ZeroHour.jpghttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/UKLaunchPlate.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/E306GearsLE1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CanadianCharity-K-OS.jpg

The only thing I would change about any of these is that I'd put the Gears plate on a light background. They're all square, nice and sharp, plenty of light with little to no glare. There's a little glare on the K-OS plate but barely. It's a lot easier to accept something like that when the plate is a one of a kind than something like the Gears plate where there are 500 of them out there.

I will be retaking - with care - a lot of my own plates. I know a lot of you have handsome collections, and probably pretty nice cameras too in some cases. If that's you, I humbly ask you to help me "kick it up a notch" with the quality of pictures.

Also, this data entry is going to take a while. I have a list of 100 plates without really even having to stop and think about them. There's easily 100 more and that still wouldn't get them all. I guess what I'm saying is that I can't do it all, so anything you can help me with is greatly appreciated. Having said that, one extra step that I would like to request from you is that all of the pictures you submit be 800 pixels long. They can be any width less than 800, but the longest side has to be right at 800.

I know this is a lot of work, but there's a lot of work on our end, too, that isn't so easily seen.

Below this, I'll make a post of some of the plates that I need pictures of. TO begin with, I'm looking for "loose" photos of every faceplate, that will be what we call "the money shot" of the plate. No packaging to get in the way so it can be seen as well as it can be seen. Once that is done, THEN we'll go back and look for pictures of packaged plates, as well as additional pictures for variations in plates like the orange swirl, variations in packaging like the PGR3, comparison photos of bootlegs and so on. First things first, and first I need a "money shot." :)

SpaceGhost2K
05-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Here is a list of plates that I DON'T have, so if I get pictures, they're going to have to come from all y'all. Rememeber, they all need to be shots of unpackaged plates:

If you have a Gorillaz plate, I need a pic. I want to show as many as I can get pics of.
Glossy UK Bioshock (one guy in here has it)
Madden 08 Vince Young Championship Edition (red)
Saints Row - New Zealand
GRAW 1
Call of Duty 2 NOT bootleg
Quake IV NOT bootleg
X05 Canada Large Maple Leaf
X05 Canada Small Maple Leaf
X05 Canada Many Small Leaves
War of the Worlds
X-Men
Moto GP '06
TMNT
Devil May Dry 4
Eragon (Tom, lol)
The Outfit NOT bootleg
Korean Launch
Quake IV RARE
Full Auto
F.E.A.R.
Prey
Prey LE
Dark Sector: all my pics are bad
Assassin's Creed: Three common retail plates, opened. We have two, but send me all three anyway.
Blacksite: Area 51
Gameplay.co.uk: Mine is cracked
Halo plates: all of them
Gears of War plates: All of them except the E3 Emergence Day LE.
Zero Hour Dead or Alive 4 Tournament Airbrushed plate
Medal of Honor: Airborne (no flash glare)

There are plenty more but this will get us off the ground.

You can email them to me, but the easiest way would be to actually host there somewhere like Flickr or photobucket, and then link them here in this thread. That way, everybody knows what plates we have and what plates we still need, OR what plate there's a picture of that they think they can get a BETTER picture of. This isn't a competition. It's about being proud of this place and making the database the best it can be. Gracias. :)

cheezymonkey999
05-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Ive got a good camera and as you know a pretty decent sized collection. I know you have alot of the same plates as me, so i dont know which plates you need pics of. When you have your pics done let me know what your missing that i can help with. Im looking forward to this database so im glad to help.

cheezymonkey999
05-26-2008, 10:16 PM
didnt see that second post somehow....

cheezymonkey999
05-26-2008, 10:17 PM
ill get you GRAW 1, the outfit, and full auto... do you want some rare misc plates i have? like this gray one, and another with tiny hexagons all over it?

SpaceGhost2K
05-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah, it took a while to get it all typed out.

Besides those plates, the same thing goes for customs if you make them, and I know you do cheezy. We'll be able to put ALL of your customs into the database, and they'll be searchable along with the corporate plates.

Oh, hey... while I'm thinking of it and because it's database related. What manufactureres of corporate plates are all you guys aware of?

Microsoft
MatCatz
Pelican
Nyko
Pegasus Technologies

Who else? Who makes the clear colored ones?

SpaceGhost2K
05-26-2008, 10:20 PM
ill get you GRAW 1, the outfit, and full auto... do you want some rare misc plates i have? like this gray one, and another with tiny hexagons all over it?

Heck yeah. If it's not on the list but you KNOW it's a hard-to-find plate, stick it up there. I won't yell at you because it's not on the list. Jak might, but I won't. :)

KatamariKutie
05-26-2008, 10:24 PM
As with all things you are quite thorough. Good job Spacey! You are like the bestest explainanator 2000 there ever was.

JarkMan
05-26-2008, 11:25 PM
i can get you one of the halo 3 plates and one of the Assains Creed pics

SpaceGhost2K
05-26-2008, 11:45 PM
i can get you one of the halo 3 plates and one of the Assains Creed pics

Bring 'em on. Dancing girls, too. This place needs more dancing girls. Kat and 'luv can't do it all.

JakofallAces
05-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Heck yeah. If it's not on the list but you KNOW it's a hard-to-find plate, stick it up there. I won't yell at you because it's not on the list. Jak might, but I won't. :)
i wouldnt do that

As with all things you are quite thorough. Good job Spacey! You are like the bestest explainanator 2000 there ever was.

so your saying he is a computer....
anyways i will try my hand at taking pictures of my MS experiences my X05 canada my X06 canada and my Maadcatz train if i dont send them to wasabi first

Enamelized420
05-27-2008, 07:19 AM
a true faceplate database w/ pics will be great for reference and a help for everyone....

Ranzo
05-27-2008, 08:57 PM
The Namco plates like ace combat and eternal are made by HORI. And the gamestop plate is made by joytech

SpaceGhost2K
05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
The Namco plates like ace combat and eternal are made by HORI. And the gamestop plate is made by joytech

Which Gamestop plate? The ones like the red/black, Army Green and black w/ white skater skull?

Ranzo
05-27-2008, 10:47 PM
sorry the gamestop/ubi trade show one

SpaceGhost2K
05-27-2008, 10:54 PM
sorry the gamestop/ubi trade show one

OK, thanks :)

gameking28
05-28-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm out of town all this week, but when I get home I'll see if I can take some better pictures. My first efforts had a lot of flash reflection and angling problems that I've since figured out how to fix (natural light rocks). :p
I'll set a day aside and go through it all.

SpaceGhost2K
06-03-2008, 03:23 AM
I took more pictures of my own collection today, and got 60 plates into the database. At this rate, that's 300 by the end of the week. I do have to work on customs and a game design document somewhere in there, too.

Customizers will NOT have faceplates listed unless they're members of the forums. Part of it is a matter of acknowledging permission to show the plates. The other part is why pimp their warez if they're not around and don't care?

IF YOU ARE A CUSTOMIZER AND WANT YOUR FACE ADDED TO THE DATABASE, I NEED THE FOLLOWING INFO:

------------

Your forum name:

The name of the faceplate:

Is it related to a game and which game?

Any other details you want to share about the inspiration, creation, etc. of the plate:

URL link to the uploaded image. We won't link to it. We'll upload it here. But I need a link for grabbing the image.

-------------

Once it is up and going, we will either ceate a single sticky thread, or a whole sepearate forum, just for suggesting changes/additions to the database. There will be a blank form you can fill in that will expedite the addition of a plate to the database. If you see something in the database that is wrong and needs to be corrected, or if you want to provide a better image than the one we're using, there will be an opportunity to provide that feedback as well.

Kamshaft
06-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Not to let any cats out of the bag here! But, the faceplate database is coming along quite nicely. Spaceghost and I think you guys will like it.
:hardcore:

Soon, folks, very soon! Thanks in advance for the photo help!

SpaceGhost2K
06-04-2008, 03:31 AM
A reminder: I still need pictures of all of the plates listed here. I will update this list as I think of more plates we're missing.

Some of the plates we need just aren't out there to be had. If we're going to have pictures of them in the databse, we are going to have to get the pics from tacohead, 360style.co.uk or other site - with their permission of course.

------

If you have a Gorillaz plate, I need a pic. I want to show as many as I can get pics of.
Glossy UK Bioshock (one guy in here has it)
Madden 08 Vince Young Championship Edition (red)
Saints Row - New Zealand
GRAW 1
Call of Duty 2 NOT bootleg
Quake IV NOT bootleg
X05 Canada Small Maple Leaf
War of the Worlds
X-Men
Moto GP '06
TMNT
Devil May Dry 4
Eragon (Tom, lol)
The Outfit NOT bootleg
Korean Launch
Quake IV RARE
Full Auto
F.E.A.R.
Prey
Prey LE
Dark Sector: all my pics are bad
Assassin's Creed: Three common retail plates, opened. We have two, but send me all three anyway.
Blacksite: Area 51
Gameplay.co.uk: Mine is cracked
Zero Hour Dead or Alive 4 Tournament Airbrushed plate

falldowndrunk
06-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Um I had one of the Gears plates up on the old database post.If you need something better(different angle,better lighting,etc) let me know.Other than that,thats all I can help with it looks like.Unless you wanted a pic of my ecw custom I made.

SpaceGhost2K
06-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Ive looked through a few collections and there are a large number of plates that we need already pictured in the forums.

If you're one of these people, you have pictures of your collection that I can use, as-is, for the database, with your permission:

cheezymonkey
wsu
tomdeaf especially Eragon
tinytoonsbuster
hellonearth159, if you have larger versions of the same pictures.
fioretti esp adidas loose plus all the goodies
goldeneyez9, need a clear shot of the whole Simpsons faceplate plus the red Madden and Prey plates if you still have them.
Tacohead: War of the World and a hundred others, lol. Wanna part with one of your Adidas plates? Hmm? Buddy? Old pal? lol.

Thanks, y'all. :)

falldowndrunk
06-04-2008, 04:47 AM
So that means you can't use mine,right?

JakofallAces
06-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Ive looked through a few collections and there are a large number of plates that we need already pictured in the forums.

If you're one of these people, you have pictures of your collection that I can use, as-is, for the database, with your permission:

cheezymonkey
wsu
tomdeaf especially Eragon
tinytoonsbuster
hellonearth159, if you have larger versions of the same pictures.
fioretti esp adidas loose plus all the goodies
goldeneyez9, need a clear shot of the whole Simpsons faceplate plus the red Madden and Prey plates if you still have them.
Tacohead: War of the World and a hundred others, lol. Wanna part with one of your Adidas plates? Hmm? Buddy? Old pal? lol.

Thanks, y'all. :)
okay just leave me out what ever, but i will contact tacohead today and see if he is interested sice i doubt he still has his plates out of storage but i can ask

hellonearth159
06-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Spacey,
Sorry for the delay with my pics. My plates are all boxed up also and I've been in the middle of system deployment so time has been tight.
I've ordered a light hood so I can take better pics of my plates so hopefully by the weekend I can get you what you need.
All my original photos are the right size for your DB but flickr downsizes them when I try an upload the full sized image. Anyone know of another site that I can use?
Al

SpaceGhost2K
06-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Photobucket lets you upload pics up to 1 mb in size.

falldowndrunk, I'll go back and look for that pic.

wicked_d365
06-04-2008, 01:11 PM
I'v recentlly uploaded pics of my plates too, check em out, link in sig

SpaceGhost2K
06-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Falldowndrunk, I pulled off your Call of Duty 2 and Gears plates. Thanks :)

Wicked, I'll go check yours out right now. (**EDIT** That Heroes plate rocks :) )

falldowndrunk
06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Cool beans,glad to help!

SpaceGhost2K
06-04-2008, 07:45 PM
If you guys have plates all boxed up, just mail the boxes to me and I'll take care of getting the pics.

Oh, you'll want them BACK? Never mind, then.

SpaceGhost2K
06-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Faceplate Database now stands at 206 plates. About 45 of those are my customs. There's easily another hundred plates out there. Just waiting for pictures. Some of them we're going to have to get them from tacohead because there's just no other place to get them from, like some of the asian launch plates that were under glass and that kind of thing.

JakofallAces
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Faceplate Database now stands at 206 plates. About 45 of those are my customs. There's easily another hundred plates out there. Just waiting for pictures. Some of them we're going to have to get them from tacohead because there's just no other place to get them from, like some of the asian launch plates that were under glass and that kind of thing.

i shall ask him but he is a very busy/secretive guy if i can get his attention i think we might have to borrow the pictures from his database rather than him retaking picures but who knows, if you need totonto x06 canada or the X05 canada release or any others i might have pm me spacey

UNV Superkid
06-05-2008, 09:34 AM
i have the candian charity Yellowcard sig plate, its nothing special just 5 sigs but it is 1 of 1 let me know if you need a pic of that one?

it is in my photobook (check link below) but if you need a better pic let me know and i will try and get it before my wife packs them all away (were moving)

tacohead
06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I was planning a run to my storage sometime this weekend. I'll work on contributing some pix over the next week. Just a suggestion on the database: Have you considered a MS Word table? Just asking, cause I hear that is real high-tech. :)

SpaceGhost2K
06-05-2008, 02:59 PM
i shall ask him but he is a very busy/secretive guy if i can get his attention i think we might have to borrow the pictures from his database rather than him retaking picures but who knows, if you need totonto x06 canada or the X05 canada release or any others i might have pm me spacey

The X06 is the orange one x/300 with the sticker, right? I have a few shots of that one, but I don't have any shots of the three X05 plates. Thank you :)

i have the candian charity Yellowcard sig plate, its nothing special just 5 sigs but it is 1 of 1 let me know if you need a pic of that one?
it is in my photobook (check link below) but if you need a better pic let me know and i will try and get it before my wife packs them all away (were moving)

I'll check out your link to see if that will work, and if it won't, I'll message you. Thanks :)

I was planning a run to my storage sometime this weekend. I'll work on contributing some pix over the next week. Just a suggestion on the database: Have you considered a MS Word table? Just asking, cause I hear that is real high-tech. :)

Awesome. I think hellonearth159 is doing the same thing. I can always use existing pictures just so there's representation in the database, and then swap out the pictures for better ones as we get them. I was just not going to go grab pictures off of anybody's sites without their permission. Thanks for your help on this.

I don't know what you call the thing that Kamshaft is using for the bones of the database. It's the same as the rest of the site. Plates will be linked to each other, and to their relative games if they're, well, game related.

SpaceGhost2K
06-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Brief Update: The database now has 286 plates uploaded. Some plates will have additional pictures added. Some of those will be additional shots, some will be of the plates in their packages. Still others will be variants like autographed plates.

Until I get some more nice, big, clear photos of the plates I am missing, I will go through the posted collections and see what I can scare up.

SpaceGhost2K
06-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Woo hoo! We're now at 388 faceplates in the database, with a TON more to upload.

I've got about twenty manufactured plates still to put up, and over a hundred customs. That means, without any additional plates at all, we'll top 500 BEFORE we launch.

THAT. IS. HUGE!

Also, I've got a good 150 ADDITIONAL plates to post. These plates are alternate photos of existing plates, or variations like signed plates, or plates still inthe packaging. I'm trying to use only loose plates, but in some cases either Idon't have a good loose shot, or with something liek the Transformers plates that use the paper inserts, a carded pic makes more sense. Hopefully, someone has a set of those open and we can get pics of all of the inserts, too.

Kamshaft and I have been going back and forth about what to do with customizers where they're not members of the site. There's a woman named Jenni Chasteen who only has a half-dozen custom plates and she hasn't done any in a year or so. She's thinking about starting it up again, and someplace like our site might move her to do that. Anyway, I could probably get her to join easily enough, but is it necessary? I'm thinking what I might do for customs if the creator is not a member of the site it to just put it on the corporate side with the "manufacturer" as "other" and list their name in the long description of the plate. Then if and when we DO get them to join, I just go back and edit the data. Artist Pavel has already joined so that's not a problem, but then there's Michael Salvador, who did all those MS silver plates with the artwork on them that looks like they were printed onto the plate and not painted. I'm still trying to track the guy down.

I am going to go back to the front page of this thread and edit my list of the plates that I still need. I found a bunch, but still need more. Also, I'm abandoning the thing about asking for better pictures if the pics I have are satisfactory. Once the database is up, you guys can skim through and tell me if you think you can come up with a better pic.

Thanks all. I'm going to bed after I edit the list. I have to be up at five am, drive to LA and back, and have an interview with a job placement place at 4:30. Hopefully, I'll still be functional enough to get us over the 400 hump tomorrow night.

SpaceGhost2K
06-09-2008, 01:01 AM
I changed my mind. I'm just going to put the fresh list here.

Zero Hour Dead or Alive 4 Tournament Airbrushed plate (I need a single pic.... TACO... lol)

Wow, shrunk it a lot, huh?

I know it's cheating, but I'm going to go through Taco's and Frazmand's lists and see what plates I might have missed. I won' tuse their pics without their permission, btu I can still add the plates to my list of "plates I need pics for." I know for sure Tacohead has a bunch of Taiwan launch plates that were photographed from a class case at the laucnh. His pics probably are the only pics in existance.

cin84_12
06-09-2008, 10:24 AM
So how do we access the database?

KatamariKutie
06-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Its not done yet. They are doing a "going live" thing later this month.

JakofallAces
06-09-2008, 12:20 PM

you cant you have to be a mod and be really good at reading straight code and only code cause thats what it is.

gameking28
06-09-2008, 04:28 PM
lol It's like reading the matrix - you get used to it. :rofl:

JakofallAces
06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
lol It's like reading the matrix - you get used to it. :rofl:

ya its exactly like that if you get out you can get in and you will get it

that was almost a confusing as the movie was

SpaceGhost2K
06-09-2008, 05:35 PM

Hey, Cindy :)

(Since you're here... I need a good shot of your bubbles plate. The only pic I have didn't have the gloss or the power button on it.)

The Database has a birthday. June 17th. Tuesday morning. The only thing that might delay that is if Kamshaft's baby decides it wants that day for a birthday instead.

Guess what? I'm staff now. I logged in and all my forums looked wonky.

The data that I uploaded to the "fake" site are now on the "real" site, but they're not activated. I still have many more plates to add (now, to the real side) and we've got a couple of other things to address - mainly how it's going to look to YOU all and not just to me when I put in the data. There are a lot of things we will want it to do, but it won't do all of them on Day One.

We're having a major contest to reveal the site to the "outsiders" towards the end of the month. That basically gives ALL of us a chance to look it over and make suggestions for changes (MOSTLY in the data - keep that in mind - not the actual program) from June 17th to about June 27th. So when we DO make the announcement, lots and lots of eyes have looked over it and found issues to fix before we "go public."

Once it's up for all to see, I will make a thread specifically for data changes in the database. If you see something wrong, note the name of the plate and what information is wrong. I will go in and fix it, and then delete the post. That way we'll know that anything not deleted is still pending repair.

Cool?

I have to get dressed for an appointment. Be back in a couple of hours. Kam has to tell me how to add stuff now that the site has been moved over.

JakofallAces
06-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey, Cindy :)

(Since you're here... I need a good shot of your bubbles plate. The only pic I have didn't have the gloss or the power button on it.)

The Database has a birthday. June 17th. Tuesday morning. The only thing that might delay that is if Kamshaft's baby decides it wants that day for a birthday instead.

Guess what? I'm staff now. I logged in and all my forums looked wonky.

The data that I uploaded to the "fake" site are now on the "real" site, but they're not activated. I still have many more plates to add (now, to the real side) and we've got a couple of other things to address - mainly how it's going to look to YOU all and not just to me when I put in the data. There are a lot of things we will want it to do, but it won't do all of them on Day One.

We're having a major contest to reveal the site to the "outsiders" towards the end of the month. That basically gives ALL of us a chance to look it over and make suggestions for changes (MOSTLY in the data - keep that in mind - not the actual program) from June 17th to about June 27th. So when we DO make the announcement, lots and lots of eyes have looked over it and found issues to fix before we "go public."

Once it's up for all to see, I will make a thread specifically for data changes in the database. If you see something wrong, note the name of the plate and what information is wrong. I will go in and fix it, and then delete the post. That way we'll know that anything not deleted is still pending repair.

Cool?

I have to get dressed for an appointment. Be back in a couple of hours. Kam has to tell me how to add stuff now that the site has been moved over.

congrats on becoming a mod i now fear for my user name because that banhammer looks really nice in ur room next to me

tacohead
06-11-2008, 02:25 PM
The X06 is the orange one x/300 with the sticker, right? I have a few shots of that one, but I don't have any shots of the three X05 plates. Thank you :)

I'll check out your link to see if that will work, and if it won't, I'll message you. Thanks :)

Awesome. I think hellonearth159 is doing the same thing. I can always use existing pictures just so there's representation in the database, and then swap out the pictures for better ones as we get them. I was just not going to go grab pictures off of anybody's sites without their permission. Thanks for your help on this.

I don't know what you call the thing that Kamshaft is using for the bones of the database. It's the same as the rest of the site. Plates will be linked to each other, and to their relative games if they're, well, game related.

Hey Spacey, you can download a zip of my photos here: http://www.lowdown411.com/collection/spaceypix.zip
Hope they are good enough. I'm heading back to storage this afternoon to put everything back. I'm looking forward to checking out the database!

I thought about something Sean Rhinotronics Korb once told me. He thought it would be a cool idea to track all of the Gorillaz plates on a web page. You would have a context sensitive picture of the postcard and as you hover your mouse over the individual plates a little pop-up would say what town/country the plate was located in. Sounded cool but I'm no programmer. Maybe Kamshaft can code that? It would be a fun project to track a bunch of owners down. Just a thought.

SpaceGhost2K
06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Hey Spacey, you can download a zip of my photos here: http://www.lowdown411.com/collection/spaceypix.zip
Hope they are good enough. I'm heading back to storage this afternoon to put everything back. I'm looking forward to checking out the database!

I thought about something Sean Rhinotronics Korb once told me. He thought it would be a cool idea to track all of the Gorillaz plates on a web page. You would have a context sensitive picture of the postcard and as you hover your mouse over the individual plates a little pop-up would say what town/country the plate was located in. Sounded cool but I'm no programmer. Maybe Kamshaft can code that? It would be a fun project to track a bunch of owners down. Just a thought.

That IS a cool idea. I'm trying to get pictures of as many of the plates that I can. I'll go dl the zip file right now. You're da BOMB man :)

gameking28
06-12-2008, 07:44 PM

THAT sounds awesome.

Kamshaft
06-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Anything is programmable. How many across and wide was this thing?

gameking28
06-12-2008, 10:57 PM
600 faceplates
Staggered Vertical colums of 12 (for mathmatical purposes call it 24)
Horizontal rows of 25

If you're seriously considering this Kam, it would be a huge undertaking.
It's easier to look at it and see what I'm talking about:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/th_GorillazUKLaunchWall-1.jpg (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/GorillazUKLaunchWall-1.jpg)

Kamshaft
06-13-2008, 07:10 AM
600 faceplates
Staggered Vertical colums of 12 (for mathmatical purposes call it 24)
Horizontal rows of 25

If you're seriously considering this Kam, it would be a huge undertaking.
It's easier to look at it and see what I'm talking about:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/th_GorillazUKLaunchWall-1.jpg (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/GorillazUKLaunchWall-1.jpg)

It actually wouldn't be that hard. The only thing that would concern me is the quality of all the images, and how they'd all look together. You know from various digital cameras. Let's get this database launched and we can definitely look at doing this.

SpaceGhost2K
06-13-2008, 02:38 PM
It actually wouldn't be that hard. The only thing that would concern me is the quality of all the images, and how they'd all look together. You know from various digital cameras. Let's get this database launched and we can definitely look at doing this.

I'm going to suggest that it sounds like a cool idea that wouldn't be worth the effort. Hear me out. I have pics from just about everybody in here who has one of those faceplates, and it totals less than 10. Maybe we got some more pictures. Then we're at 20, or 25. The chances of even finding a hundred are practically zero. That would be even if people came out of the woodwork with plates. It SOUNDS like it would be cool, but I think the payoff would be seriously lacking.

cin84_12
06-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Sorry Space, I never saw your post. This is the best I could do with my piece of crap camera.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/cin84_12/faceplate7.jpg

I could try doing it vertically if this is too crooked.

SpaceGhost2K
06-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry Space, I never saw your post. This is the best I could do with my piece of crap camera.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/cin84_12/faceplate7.jpg

I could try doing it vertically if this is too crooked.

No, that's awesome, Thanks :)

KatamariKutie
06-16-2008, 04:29 PM
*singing*
Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)
In the wine (in the wine)
Make me happy (make me happy)
Make me feel fine (make me feel fine)

JakofallAces
06-17-2008, 01:03 AM
*singing*
Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)