PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm Preview

CrazyCougar
05-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey folks,

Check out the preview we have done for Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm. While the game may not appeal to every gamer out there, it should appeal to alot of folks. Especially with Xbox Live multiplayer.

If you enjoy real time strategy games and are the least bit of a fan of the show, then you must get this game.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/preview/75.html

Steeps5
06-01-2008, 03:09 PM
It does look pretty interesting, maybe i'll rent it from gamefly and see how it is.

Slowride
06-01-2008, 04:16 PM
As far as live communication goes i'd have to give it a thumbs down. Unless you're with a group of people you personally know and even then it sucks. If possible it should have been an option for the host.

Ainokeatoo
06-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Iunno, this doesn't seem like a really exciting game though, to be honest.

CrazyCougar
06-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Its a strategy game, not much excitement level in strategy games as compared to the typical shooters and racers that the 360 seems only to cater to. While it wont be the cup of tea of some, others may find the strategic apsects of this game as well as the spot on simulation appealing.

As for the communications. I am on the fence and go either way. While I would like to communicate with everyone at once, I also understand the simulation purposes of the radio communication style. You can still communicate with everyone, just not at one time. Which would be the exact same scenario as if you were on a real boat. Once again lending to the realism this game entails and boasts.

It will be shot down by folks not wanting to break from the 360 mold of shooters and racers. And thats completely unfair to a game of this nature. I would hope that everyone would at least give it a look before passing judement. This title is not a TV/Movie based title by any means. Its a simulation of the crabbing industry carrying a familiar name of Deadliest Catch.

Slowride
06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm just saying their decision on the xbl communications kills this game for many people imo. One on one only? seriously? Do they not have conference call capabilities or cb radios or anything where everyone can be on the same channel?

Like I said unless you're with people you know you're probably not just goign to start calling other boats and shooting the **** with them. I think it hurts the multiplayer a great deal, which probably would have been this game's biggest selling point to people who do not watch the show.

CrazyCougar
06-02-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm just saying their decision on the xbl communications kills this game for many people imo. One on one only? seriously? Do they not have conference call capabilities or cb radios or anything where everyone can be on the same channel?

Like I said unless you're with people you know you're probably not just goign to start calling other boats and shooting the **** with them. I think it hurts the multiplayer a great deal, which probably would have been this game's biggest selling point to people who do not watch the show.

I dont disagree with you at all. Just trying to make the best out of what is there. Hopefully something can be implemented via an update.

Ainokeatoo
06-02-2008, 02:00 AM
Lmao I watch the show, it's a fun show to watch, I just don't think this game looks very fun... Think of Over G the flight simulation game... Yeah...