PDA

View Full Version : Start saving your pennies...........

moltenluv
05-30-2008, 08:16 PM
I may have to sell my collection.

Yes I am being 100% serious. My kitty got sick Wednesday night. It wasn't too serious, he was just vomiting up clear stuff. I took him to the vet Thursday and they gave me some meds and did some blood work and told me to take him home and keep an eye on him. I thought he was doing better because he stopped vomiting. Today I went to check on him during my lunch and noticed he wasn't eating, drinking, or using the litter box and he was still laying in the same spot. He went to get up and became violently ill. It was horrible and really scary. He is now a patient at the vet's animal hospital. They still don't know what is wrong with him. He could have eaten something he shouldn't have, or it could be a virus, or it could be something more serious. They have him on IV fluids/antibiotics and a catheter. If he gets better on the antibiotics then it was a virus if not then they are thinking exploratory surgery may be necessary. Anyway today alone has cost me about $400 and it is about $200 for each additional day he is there and if they have to do anything else it will be even more $$$$. I am a total wreck about this. He is only a year old and I am not ready for him to die yet. I am willing to do whatever it takes to save him as long as his quality of life won't be affected. I have some money because I just got paid but I am really preparing for the worst which means I will need money and fast. The only thing I have that is worth anything is my faceplates and if I have to sell each and every one of them so be it. It is just stuff, my cat is way more important to me. I know some of you think I sound like a crazy cat lady but I don't wanna have to put him down just because I can't afford to try to save him. I would NEVER forgive myself. So I just wanted to give everybody a heads up that sometime in the very near future I may be selling everything but like I said this is a worst case scenario. I am really hoping that when the vet calls me tomorrow to give me a status update that he tells me my kitty has responded to the treatment and is getting better but deep down I have a feeling that it won't happen. I have only ever seen a cat get sick like that once before and he didn't make it. Sorry to have rambled on but I am absolutely heartbroken over this. Please do not, I REPEAT DO NOT start making me offers on my faceplates because I am not certain I will have to sell them.

Ok now I need to ask some advice. I am sorry this post is so long but I am really freaking out. I have decided that I am willing to part with all 47 of my Nintendo DS games that I have in means of getting some extra money. Now today I took them to EB Games where I could have gotten $286 cash for all of them as well as the local mom & pop video game store who would have given me $300 for all of them. That is only $6.38 per game!!!! I took all my games back home and looked them up one by one on eBay. I check the closed auction listings to see what they all ended up selling for. I wrote down the low end price and the high end price. By my calculations (as long as they all sell) I could potentially get about $450 - $650 for all my games. Now it has been quite a while since I listed anything on eBay. I know you get charged your listing fees and your closing fees and then the PayPal fees. So this is what I am asking, should I just settle for the $300 or should I sell on eBay? I know eBay is a crap shoot and everything might not sell but I am just afraid that by the time I pay all the fees I won't make out any better than $300 anyway. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals!

SpaceGhost2K
05-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I have a Need For Speed: Pro Street faceplate. There are apparently less than 100 of them. tinytoonsbuster just sold one for $500. If anyone wants mine for $500, it's yours, and just PayPal the money to moltenluv.

moltenluv
05-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I have a Need For Speed: Pro Street faceplate. There are apparently less than 100 of them. tinytoonsbuster just sold one for $500. If anyone wants mine for $500, it's yours, and just PayPal the money to moltenluv.

What???? Noooooo don't do that. I wasn't being serious about the refund silly. It was a joke!!! IF ANYBODY DOES THAT YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY PROMPLTY SENT BACK TO YOU! But if somebody wants to start a save moltenluv's kitty fund that would be ok ;)

Ry
05-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear that Rae-Rae. My cat had something like this, It was a 'hot spot' he wasnt throwing up, but he wouldnt eat/drink use the litter box. As too the DS Games, They may take longer too sell on ebay, and with the fees, It might not be worth it to sell on ebay, and if you need the money fast, I'd say go with the 300$. No one's going to think your a 'crazy' cat lady, If I was in your shoes, I'd be doing the same thing. Im sure he will do fine. Dont stress out too hard over this, I mean I know its hard not too, but Im sure he/she will do fine. I wish the best of luck too you. Mr. Ed , you are the kindest and nicest person I've met on the net.

I wish you the best of luck Rae.

moltenluv
05-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Rae-Rae. My cat had something like this, It was a 'hot spot' he wasnt throwing up, but he wouldnt eat/drink use the litter box. As too the DS Games, They may take longer too sell on ebay, and with the fees, It might not be worth it to sell on ebay, and if you need the money fast, I'd say go with the 300$. No one's going to think your a 'crazy' cat lady, If I was in your shoes, I'd be doing the same thing. Im sure he will do fine. Dont stress out too hard over this, I mean I know its hard not too, but Im sure he/she will do fine. I wish the best of luck too you. Mr. Ed , you are the kindest and nicest person I've met on the net.

I wish you the best of luck Rae.

Thanks. I really hope he will be fine too. I only have so many video games I can sell! See once again I wish I could see into the future so I would know what I would get total if I sold on eBay. I am not in dire need of money quite yet so if I knew for a fact I would get more from eBay I would stay up all night listing everything.

I have also decided that if I have to sell all my DVD's, PSP games, PS1 and PS2 rpgs that I have been collecting (I have a lot of those), and my 360 games I will do that as well. I have gamefly so I can just rent almost everything I own as I will not be selling my actual consoles/handheld systems just the games. I can't just stop playing all together! I would wither and die! I am too much of a gamer to just give up playing. I would probably go throw all kinds of horrible withdrawl symptoms! After that I shouldn't need to sell anything else but if I really had to I would sell all my faceplates. Ok maybe not all there are a few somebody would have to offer me a heck of a lot of money to part with.

I am just preparing myself for the worst and hopefully I won't have to sell anything more than my DS games.

Ry
05-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Dont think about the worst. I once remember when I cat got stuck under the deck, We let him go on the deck and he'd never go off, and I left one day and my mom left and forgot to get him in the house, she was in a hurry or late for work or something, I got home and couldnt find the cat, looked everywhere, He was lost for 2 days one the 3rd I just sat on the deck and kinda figured he was dead becuase he wouldnt last, he's declawed and stuff, heard him meow, he was under the deck. I thought he was dead, but he was fine, Dont think about the worst Rae, It will all turn out.

moltenluv
05-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Ok well I gotta go to bed but I just wanted to give a little update. All my DS games were sold! Somebody on this site read this thread and made me an offer I couldn't refuse! They deserve a medal or a trophy or something! Seriously! This is the best forum with the kindest people I have ever met. Awwww I think I might cry again! I am not gonna say who it was that bought them all. I will leave it up to that person if they want to tell everybody. Once again thank you so much for buying them, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!

tacohead
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Very sorry to hear of your situation. As someone who has had pets their whole life I sympathize. Glad to see your DS games found a good home!

wicked_d365
05-31-2008, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat, I hope he gets better. Hopefully they call you and tell you he's good and ready to go home. Glad you able to sell your DS games too, and to a fellow addict, awesome.

Jesse757x
05-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Moltenluv, i'm sorry about your cat. I hope everything works out for you. Try to stay positive.

SamSmith
05-31-2008, 10:54 AM
This thread has nothing to do with *****es...

moltenluv
05-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Ok here is the latest kitty status update:

The vet called early this morning and said Mo had stopped vomiting and his fever was down but he still isn't eating. The vet said he was gonna try to give him some food again and would call me back a little later. So he just called me back and my kitty refuses to eat. It was up to me whether I wanted to take him home or not. I figured with him not eating it would be best to let him stay. I would hate to take him home and he start vomiting again especially since the vet is closed on Sundays which means I would have to take him to the emergency center if anything happened and they are superduper expensive. The vet is going to go and check on him tomorrow afternoon to see if he has eaten any of the food yet and then he will be calling me with yet another status update. So Mo is definetly there till at least Monday. I dunno what is the next step will be if he continues to not eat. I have a feeling it will probably be that exploratory surgery they talked about :yikes:

Ry
05-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Glad he's getting better Rae.

JarkMan
05-31-2008, 01:36 PM
i know what your going through my dog ruptured a disk in his neck and we couldnt figure out what it was the vet thought it was a stroke but we took him to this special dog nuralogist and she found out he ruptured a disk in his neck he ended up having emergency surgery to take the pressure of his neck when he got out he looked alot better except for the 25 staples going up his neck :'-( but he started eating and drinking and now he is the old puppy we all loved.

Variation-XBA
05-31-2008, 02:20 PM
You have a list of the dvd/psp/ps1/ps2 games you're selling by chance?

ChRoNiK120
05-31-2008, 02:35 PM
hey im really sorry to hear about your cat... i have had pets my whole life and one of my cats kinda got the same thing.... exept without the vomitting he would just sit in the same spot and do nothing. so i took him to the vet and they said nothing was wrong.... but there ovb was. when he started to get worse and was unable to walk in a strait line and he kept falling over. we took himn agian and they were like "o wait we missed ne thing and yea it this wicked rare diseases... and ur going to have to put him down..." i was so sad / mad at the vet... and i hope that ur cat gets better i really do....

moltenluv
05-31-2008, 05:06 PM
You have a list of the dvd/psp/ps1/ps2 games you're selling by chance?

I don't at the current moment. I am not quite ready to sell off my psp/ps1/ps2 games yet but I would be more than willing to sell off the dvds. They are just sitting in a box in my storage unit. If you are interested in them I can go get them and pm you what I have. The storage place is like 10 minutes down the road. Right now I am too tired to look into the games. Most of the games I have the corrosponding guides for since they are just about all rpg's. The guides are skattered in multiple boxes and the games are in a different box. The dvd's are a lot easier to grab.

Ry
05-31-2008, 05:29 PM
If you get a list for Var, Pm me one too. I'd glady buy DVD's for a good cause.

moltenluv
06-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Well the vet didn't call today. I tried calling myself but since they don't have office hours on a Sunday and aren't open to the public nobody answered the phone.

Today was a busy day. Sunday's are my only day off from work so I had lots of errands to run and laundry to do. I did however find time to compile a list of all my DVD's. I have 75 of them and had 2 people inquire what I had and will be sending them the list shortly. If anybody else is interested in knowing what I have I will be creating a thread in the Trading Post section of the forum so that way I don't have to type the list over and over again. I really would like to sell all 75 in one shot rather than just a few here and there. It would be a lot easier.

I have posted the two most recent pics of Mo that I have below. I have a few others of him when he was a kitten that I will post later. I have to download them off my cell phone then upload them to photobucket first. Thank you all so much for caring about my poor kitty. If he was an older cat I would be more ready to accept that it might just be his time to go but he only just turned 1 so that is why I really wanna do what I can to save him. Its not the same around here without him and it is making me even sadder. I just wish they would figure out what is wrong with him. This not knowing is so horrible. I had a few people tell me that I should just put him to sleep. Of course all those people don't even own any pets so they just don't understand. Mo is part of the family. People don't put thier children to sleep when they get sick. I would never forgive myself if I put him to sleep and it turns out that he could have been saved. Sorry for the rant but I have encountered a few animal haters in the past few days. They are MEAN :cuss:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/My%20Kitties/floormo.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/My%20Kitties/mo.jpg

moltenluv
06-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Ok party people I have posted all 75 of my DVD's that I am selling in the Trading Post. The direct link to the thread is http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84650 I must be off to bed now as it is already past my bed time. Hopefully I will have a hundred million pm's with offers for my DVD collection waiting for me tomorrow when I login :cheers:

thrAsher
06-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I feel for you, moltenluv, and can identify with how you're feeling. My cat has cost me around $3,000 over her lifetime. Once, she had the same symptoms as your cat, and although I never found out what it was that caused it, I assume she got into some antifreeze or other toxin. First vet said she had no chance, but the second vet I took her to said she had a small chance of survival, but it could be expensive. $1,800 later she was fine. All it took was a lot of IV fluid, and a lot of kitty dope (I think they gave her antibiotics, but don't really remember).

Second time was my fault. I never had her fixed, and would just bear with it when she was in heat, but one morning I woke up and there was blood all over my bed. Turned out she was bleeding from the ******, and profusely at that. I put her in the tub and got online looking around about the symptoms. Turned out she had pyometra, which is basically an infected uterus, and it is very, very bad and can occur in cats that don't get spayed. So, took her straight to the vet, and that one ended up costing me about $1,200.

So, yes, they can be expensive little critters, but anybody with half a heart would do anything they could to save them, as you are. I find that commendable and my thoughts are with you and Mo. I really hope things work out, he looks like a great cat and is absolutely adorable.

Oh, and the pet haters? Screw 'em, they're not worth two seconds of your time.

falldowndrunk
06-01-2008, 11:38 PM
If I wasn't trying to scrap together money for rent this month,I would totally help you out.I have two kitties myself,and they're my kids.I seriously refer to them as that too.I know how expensive surgeries can be to,my cat had a narrow urethra(I can't make this up),and a hairball problem.It'd get to be where he couldn't go to the litter box,and when I finally got him to the vet they told me if it had been even another day,he probably wouldn't have survived.They put a catheter in him,and we thought that would be the end of it.Total vet bill: $600.

6 Months later,it happened again.This time they did a surgery where they actually remeoved his wee-wee.So now my kitty has no wee-wee and no noogies cause we got him fixed.My little kitty I found on the street has now cost me over $2000!

But,I just remember being in tears the whole time.I remember exactly how you are probably feeling right now,and I just hope your Kitty is well and ready to come home tomorrow,all better,and happy.Cheers.....

Symmetric-XBA
06-02-2008, 05:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your lil kitty, I pray that the outcome is positive and prompt for both of you! I have 2 kitties myself and both have had strenous medical treatment. My 1 kitty has a cancerous lump on her left front leg and I went to the vet to have it looked @ and the vet told me that the lump is cancerous and that it is right ontop of a major artery on her left front leg, and that any operation would only provide a 20% chance of survival (all this wonderfull news after they charged me $400 for a biopsy as well as some other tests). My 2nd kitty has been diagnosed w/ brain damage. She'll sit there and meow at you, then her head starts to bob up and down and her body goes through mild shakes. The vet after expensive testing told me that there is nothing that they can do. My heart breaks when I see them, however, I find myself spoiling them rotten even more now. I carry my one kitty to the food dishes to help make sure she eats, and my 2nd kitty has boxes and blankets all around my house to make her as comfortable as possible. I know deep in my heart that there will come a time that they are no longer with me, but I can't help it, these 2 kitties are sisters from the same litter and I've had them for over 15 years and I want to make sure that they are taken care of every day to the best of my ability. If the worst should happen, I want it to be on their terms, and not b/c I decide to. I want them to be as happy as they can be b/c they have made such a pos. impact in my life for many many years. My prayers are with you for a quick and complete recovery!

Ry
06-02-2008, 07:35 AM
He's cute MoltenLuv, Is he like my cat? Buy him a bed, he takes your? Buy cat treats, we wants the bottle? My cat does that all the time.

Enamelized420
06-02-2008, 08:08 AM
very cute cat moltenbut sorry to hear you're having to go through this. I hope that you get a good update from the Vet today and can breathe a little easier. thoughts will be with you and hoping for the best.
also glad to hear that you got a buyer for the DS games at a resonable offer.

moltenluv
06-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Ok time for my daily kitty update. The vet ended up calling me around 8 p.m. yesterday and said that Mo was doing better and had eaten a little bit and was showing signs of improvement. They took him off the IV fluids/antibiotics and started him on oral medicine. I was told that as long as he continued to eat and kept it down he would be ready to come home today. At 11 a.m. this morning I get a phone call from the vet and I just knew it was gonna be bad news before they even started talking. Mo has stopped eating and is vomiting up green stuff again. Not good. They are gonna put him back on the IV. Tomorrow he is scheduled for an ultrasound just to check everything out and make sure they aren't overlooking something. The vet did more blood work and it came back normal. He said either they took him off the fluids too soon or he has pancreatitis and will need to take medicine for the rest of his life. If you want to know more about feline pancreatitis here is a link https://www.vetcentric.com/reference/encycEntry.cfm?ENTRY=89&COLLECTION=EncycIllness&MODE=full This is the most expensive cat I have ever owned. He better not die!

JakofallAces
06-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Ok time for my daily kitty update. The vet ended up calling me around 8 p.m. yesterday and said that Mo was doing better and had eaten a little bit and was showing signs of improvement. They took him off the IV fluids/antibiotics and started him on oral medicine. I was told that as long as he continued to eat and kept it down he would be ready to come home today. At 11 a.m. this morning I get a phone call from the vet and I just knew it was gonna be bad news before they even started talking. Mo has stopped eating and is vomiting up green stuff again. Not good. They are gonna put him back on the IV. Tomorrow he is scheduled for an ultrasound just to check everything out and make sure they aren't overlooking something. The vet did more blood work and it came back normal. He said either they took him off the fluids too soon or he has pancreatitis and will need to take medicine for the rest of his life. If you want to know more about feline pancreatitis here is a link https://www.vetcentric.com/reference/encycEntry.cfm?ENTRY=89&COLLECTION=EncycIllness&MODE=full This is the most expensive cat I have ever owned. He better not die!

sorry to hear such horrible news Rae Rae it seems Mo is costing you lots of mo ney anyways my first cat had only one kidney and needed iv fluid every day for her life, it was a horrible life to have but we loved it so much i was heartbroken and deeply saddened when she died it was my first experience with death and i had never lived without her since she was older than me, i can only pray that mo does better than my Penny

UNV Superkid
06-02-2008, 06:44 PM
he's a really cute cat, i really hope that everything works out and he gets better!!!!

ChRoNiK120
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
heyyy molten... if there is anyway i can help... like with payment, or selling some of my plates for ur kitty kattt i will.

moltenluv
06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
heyyy molten... if there is anyway i can help... like with payment, or selling some of my plates for ur kitty kattt i will.

Aww thanks for the offer but don't go selling off your plates for my kitty. I have my own to sell if need be.

I just wanna thank you all for your kindness. You all have been more supportive than the people I know in real life which is kinda sad. It really irks me that when they need help I bend over backwards to do what I can but the ONE time I need help nobody is willing to help me. Amazing how that happens.

Anyway I haven't heard anything yet today. I am waiting to call because I know today is Mo's ultrasound but I don't what time it is scheduled for. I figure if I wait and call around 3 they should hopefully have the results and be able to tell me some usefull information other than we don't know.

moltenluv
06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok the vet finally called. The ultrasound didn't really show too much. There are no cysts or tumors or foreign objects lodged anywhere or any other abnormalities other than the fact that the little bit of food Mo did eat on Sunday is still undigested in his stomach. I dunno what that means other than the fact that they said it is strange that he still has food in his stomach after not eating since Sunday and in spite of his recent vomiting. The vet that is currently in charge of Mo was off today but will be back in tomorrow. Hopefully he will give me more info than this. I am a little freaked out that his food hasn't digested after all this time.

So since it looks like he isn't coming home anytime soon I am selling more of my stuff. I added to the thread I started over in the Trading Post section. I am now selling all my PSP, GBA, GBC, Wii, Gamecube, Original Xbox, and PC games that I own. I have also taken inventory on my PS1/PS2 games. I honestly don't know what I will sell first, those games or my faceplates. More than likely the games. I no longer own a PS2 or a PS3 so they have been just sitting around collecting dust. I normally would just list it all on eBay but I am trying to avoid paying more fees than I need too besides I figure I would give you guys first grabs if there is anything you want.

SpaceGhost2K
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Ok the vet finally called. The ultrasound didn't really show too much.

Have you considered a cat scan?

falldowndrunk
06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Have they checked your kitties spine?You were saying on your post that he's not eating all that well,and the undigested food comment made me think about a friends cat.He had done something to his spine,and was causing havok on his system and the vets couldn't figure it out,till they took an x-ray and saw his spine was messed up.Just a thought,I don't think x-rays for stomach problems are all that common and its why spinal problems are often overlooked till it's too late.

And after reading Spacey's post,yeah,it could be something really simple like a kitty concussion.My cat got one and she couldn't walk straight and had horrible poops,which she'd get all over her cause she couldn't hold herself up.All that,and it was a simple concussion that they gave her a shot for and it was less than $200 spent at the vet.

KatamariKutie
06-03-2008, 11:57 PM

Spacey no...... no no no . Bad Spacey. Bad! You are being PUNished. Go to my room!

And RaeRae I really hope your kitty is okay, and I apologize for the momentary derail but it was a really really really bad pun and couldn't go unscolded.

moltenluv
06-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Have they checked your kitties spine?You were saying on your post that he's not eating all that well,and the undigested food comment made me think about a friends cat.He had done something to his spine,and was causing havok on his system and the vets couldn't figure it out,till they took an x-ray and saw his spine was messed up.Just a thought,I don't think x-rays for stomach problems are all that common and its why spinal problems are often overlooked till it's too late.

And after reading Spacey's post,yeah,it could be something really simple like a kitty concussion.My cat got one and she couldn't walk straight and had horrible poops,which she'd get all over her cause she couldn't hold herself up.All that,and it was a simple concussion that they gave her a shot for and it was less than $200 spent at the vet.

Actually an x-ray was the first thing they did. The vet thought that maybe he ate something he shouldn't have and did one to see if there was an object lodged somewhere. The x-ray came back normal as well.

falldowndrunk
06-04-2008, 04:02 AM
oops sorry most have momentarily blanked a post.Well thats a good thing though,cause I didn't want to put that if something was really messed up with a kittys spine,they normally have to be put down.Didn't want to worry you anymore than you already are.

JakofallAces
06-04-2008, 05:24 AM

Spacey no...... no no no . Bad Spacey. Bad! You are being PUNished. Go to my room!

And RaeRae I really hope your kitty is okay, and I apologize for the momentary derail but it was a really really really bad pun and couldn't go unscolded.

wow spacey thats something i would say but much much funnier oh and very very mean, what does katamari mean when she says "go to MY room" hmmmm might this have to do with that unspeakable topic from early this year that i refuse to speak of every again??

ali rock 110
06-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I don't know what to say about this. I do know what it's like to sacrifice for the animals in your house. I've spent crazy money on my Misha & Puqi at the vet and I've done the "Animal ER" at 4 grand. I hope that you don't appoach that G-Note atmosphere. Keep your head up and know I'm cheering for Mo to get better real soon.

Laters

Ali

moltenluv
06-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Well here is today's lastest kitty medical update. Mo attempted to eat again yesterday however it once again made him vomit green bile and once again there was no food actually in the vomit. The vet is very confused by the fact that he isn't digesting his food. Poor Mo has all 3 vets there very confused. He isn't acting sick or in pain or anything. His fever is and has been gone, his blood work is normal, his x-ray was normal, and the only thing the ultrasound showed was the undigested food. I visited him today again and he was just his normal self. So now they are thinking he has Feline Inflammatory Bowel Disease (or IBD). Unfortunetly the only way to find out if that is why he is suffering from is to biopsy a peice of his intesting. Tomorrow morning he will be having exploratory surgery. They are gonna do the biopsy and look around to see if they can see anything going on with his stomach/intestings and figure out why the food is just kinda hanging out in his tummy. I don't understand how a cat can vomit that much and still have food in its stomach. So I did briefly see one of the vets while I was there and I asked if he has IBD will he be ok. All the vet said was that it is manageable but it is a pain in the ass. That really freaked me out. After spending all this money to try to figure out what is wrong with him I would really hate to have to put him down but at the same time I can't keep him alive just because I don't want him to die. That is selfish. Anyway I did an online search and found out that it is only a pain in the ass for the vet to treat. There are various medicines and diets but finding just the right one is trial and error and differs from cat to cat. This disease is completely manageable and once the vet pinpoints the right course of treatment the kitty will live a normal kitty life. Phew! I am relieved. It would have been nice if he had said that instead of making it sound all gloom and doom.

I am afraid of this vet bill. I know most people would have stopped a long time ago but I just can't put Mo to sleep if whatever he has can be regulated or corrected. As long as his quality of life is impacted and he isn't suffering or in pain I will do whatever I can. I would never forgive myself if I put him to sleep unnecesssarilly. I know that tomorrow they may find something really horrible which sucks and at that time I will accept that it is his time to go but there is that chance that they will figure out what is going on and I will get to take my kitty back home again. I am trying to stay positive but there is this part of me that feels like this might be really it this time. I was scared that today was my last day to see him so I kinda said my goodbyes again for like the 3rd time now. I really hope tomorrow is a ground breaking day and they figure this out.

Oh all my stuff will be listed on eBay within the next few days expept for my 360 games and faceplates. I am trying to hold out and save that stuff for last. My eBay id is moltenluv and if you know anybody that might be interested in buying some of what I am gonna be selling please let them know. Thanks everybody. I am off to go take pics of everything and hopefully get some stuff listed. I have a feeling I won't be sleeping tonight so I may as well make the most of my time right :cheers:

wicked_d365
06-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Gald to hear he's a little better. Sucks you have to sell stuff. I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Best of luck.

falldowndrunk
06-04-2008, 05:17 PM
You know,my vet,when I asked him if he could lower my bill a bit,actually knocked off around $200 off my bill.They didn't charge for a few of the IV test,and halved the overnight charges too.Maybe you can ask your vet if he could do the same?It'll still be $$$+ cause of the surgery,but a few dollars(or even hundreds of dollars) really adds up.

moltenluv
06-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Well my kitty will probably pull through. Turns out he did eat something he shouldn't have. I don't want to go into specifics because I don't want to turn this into a rant or go into detail about issues I am currently having in my personal life right now. Anyway it was lodged in his intestings but the vet said it was in an unusual spot and that is why the xray/ultrasound wasn't picking it up. So they found it during the exploratory surgery and removed it. The vet said he doesn't think any permanent damage was done and that as long as Mo starts to recover nicely and starts eating again without vomiting and starts using the litter box he should be ready to be dischared on Saturday. Since he is young and otherwise healthy he should be ok and not have any lasting complications.

SpaceGhost2K
06-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Yay for Mo!

moltenluv
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Yay for Mo!

I have a favor to ask of you Spacey, can you please clear out some of your pm's? I am trying to message you but your box is full. :(

SpaceGhost2K
06-05-2008, 09:27 PM
done.

falldowndrunk
06-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Big W00t for the kitty!

Cats eat the most interesting things don't they?

JarkMan
06-05-2008, 09:33 PM
GRATS FOR MO
get better soon and dont eat stuff that u shouldnt

wicked_d365
06-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Thats awesome, WHOOHOO! Glad to hear that the kitty's O.K. An d you didn't have to sell a plate. See, we told you it would be alright.

moltenluv
06-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Ok this is hopefully my last kitty update. Mo came home on Friday. Everything seemed to be ok at first until he started making these bizzare sounds. He kept chewing and making some kind of grinding sound. I grabbed him quick cause I thought he was trying to eat something bad again but there was nothing there. It was really scary because he kept doing it all night long. I was worried that his throat was messed up or that because the vet was looking down low that they missed something up high. The only place I could have taken him at that hour was the emergency petcare place which I was seriously considering. I watched him all night long and got absolutely no sleep. Saturday I left work early so I could take him back to the vet. Of course he had stopped making that horrible sound by the time I got there. The vet tried giving him some canned food to see how he is eating and that is when he started making the sound again. The vet is pretty sure it is his jaw. It could be because he hasn't eaten in a while or because of all the vomiting he did. As long as he keeps eating/drinking, using the litter box, and doesn't start vomiting again the vet said not to be to concerned and that it should probably correct itself. Whew! This poor kitty has been through so much. I kept an eye on him yesterday and it definelty seems like a jaw problem. He only does it when he eats. It seems like it is uncomfortable for him to chew. Now everytime I pet him i make sure to massage his jaw a little bit. He really seems to like that :) He was being so cute this morning in his kitty bed so I quick snapped a pic with my cell phone. I posted it below. You can see where he had his leg shaved for the IV. The other leg has a shaved spot too. His tummy looks like a train wreck but luckily the way he is laying in the bed it didn't show in the pic. It really makes me sad everytime I get a glimpse of his tummy. :crying:

Oh and I am listing all my video games on eBay right now. I have about 13 listed so far and hope to get the rest done today. My seller name is moltenluv incase anybody wants to be nosey and see what I am selling :confused:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/moltenluv/My%20Kitties/Mo-1.jpg

thrAsher
06-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Mo is very lucky to have you. Handsome little dude. Hope he stays in good health and you get to have him around for a long time.

I have to say, I am mighty intrigued as to what it was he ate. Mighty.

moltenluv
06-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Mo is very lucky to have you. Handsome little dude. Hope he stays in good health and you get to have him around for a long time.

I have to say, I am mighty intrigued as to what it was he ate. Mighty.

I know. I told him today that he must live a very very long time. I actually think he knows how lucky he is. Every since he came home he as be extra snuggly and constantly wants to be petted.

Hmmmm so you wanna know what he ate. Ok I will tell you. I was pretty upset before and didn't want to turn this thread into something else. He ate the plastic nub off a pacifier. I know its nothing that weird except for the fact that I have no kids. Hmmmmm interesting :watchout: The vet actually gave it to me as a souvenir of sorts.

HammeredKomodo
06-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I am so happy for you that Mo recovered. He's an adorable little guy. Reminds me of my own cat.

Another one of my cats died a few years ago and it messed me up really bad. I kept him indoors and was really protective and on my birthday I pooled together all my birthday money and bought him a shiny new collar. My grandmother insisted I let Bostwick outside because it was 'mean to keep animals inside' so I did . . . He seemed to like it outside but that night, my mom came rushing in babbling about Bostwick and I went out and he was laying in the street bleeding everywhere and we rushed him to the vet and I was crying and it was horrible. All on the same day as my fourteenth birthday lol . . . So he recovered, even though the doctor said the car hit him in the head. We had to feed him through a syringe or whatever for a while and he breathed wierd, like with a sucking noise through his nose . . . But I was grateful to have him back, but I took him for granted and yelled at him sometimes. That's why I felt guilty when he kind of got the same thing as Mo three months after he got hit . . . He just laid there and stared into space. We tried to give him water and he just kind of laid in the water bowl staring at nothing still and he just died that night. I was devastated all over again.

So anyways I'm so glad that you got Mo back. I would have felt really bad if anything happened to him. I wish I would have had some money to help you out.

UNV Superkid
06-08-2008, 09:28 PM
it seems Mo is no ordinary cat more like MO the SuperCat!! who likes to chew on baby items in his spare time.

I am really glad that he is better I do know what it is like to have a youg cat and for them to get sick, I had to put my young kitten to sleep a year and a half ago....

So i am really glad that MO is Super

SpaceGhost2K
06-09-2008, 12:21 AM
it seems Mo is no ordinary cat more like MO the SuperCat!! who likes to chew on baby items in his spare time.

I am really glad that he is better I do know what it is like to have a youg cat and for them to get sick, I had to put my young kitten to sleep a year and a half ago....

So i am really glad that MO is Super

He actually ate a whole baby. The pacifier was the only part it didn't digest.

:D

UNV Superkid
06-09-2008, 07:17 AM

now that is funny!!

JakofallAces
06-09-2008, 12:19 PM

wow dont make this into a dead baby topic now edward those jokes are just disturbing........................and in a twisted way halrious

wicked_d365
06-09-2008, 01:24 PM
wow dont make this into a dead baby topic now edward those jokes are just disturbing........................and in a twisted way hilarious
come on, I for one would pay to see a cat eat a baby, when else would you ever see that? That would just be amazing.

JakofallAces
06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
come on, I for one would pay to see a cat eat a baby, when else would you ever see that? That would just be amazing.

umm no....just no.....that took it way too far

gameking28
06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
I've changed my avatar in honor of Mo's recovery! :D
Seriously though, I'm very glad he's better. I've got 2 kittys of my own and hearing about Mo was breaking my heart.
Long live Mo - The baby eating cat! :cheers:

JakofallAces
06-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I've changed my avatar in honor of Mo's recovery! :D
Seriously though, I'm very glad he's better. I've got 2 kittys of my own and hearing about Mo was breaking my heart.
Long live Mo - The baby eating cat! :cheers:

and because i refuse to be out done by a guy trying to be italian here is my pic that will make mo and everyone else snicker....
http://i31.tinypic.com/zthwk5.jpg

gameking28
06-12-2008, 07:41 PM
lol ok, I'm going to put the Italian jokes to rest. The shirt was made by English Laundry (http://www.globalrebels.com/englishlaundry/) - so HA! :rofl:

JakofallAces
06-12-2008, 08:44 PM
lol ok, I'm going to put the Italian jokes to rest. The shirt was made by English Laundry (http://www.globalrebels.com/englishlaundry/) - so HA! :rofl:

that in no way is english...