PDA

View Full Version : First commercial on xbox

DenniZz81
03-07-2002, 01:49 PM
I saw it... i live in sweden
it was on channel 5
it sucked... it didnt tell anything about the product really.
its a woman giving birth.. in the end he ends upp dead in a coffin.
anyone seen it?
comments on it. i think that a good commercial should tell something about the product.. this told nada:(

Xtopia
03-07-2002, 01:55 PM
I thought that commericial was pretty dang funny myself! And i think it did a pretty good job. If people want to know the specs of the xbox log on to the net...Just my 2 cents...however i see your point...they did not even mention the xbox...but I still think it did the job!:)

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 04:44 PM
DenniZz...don't you get it, dude? It's a "teaser" commercial...Think of it this way:

How much more interesting is it to see a gorgeous woman in a bikini compared to seeing a woman just flat out buck naked?

My point is that "teaser" commercials like this start to create mystery...I find that it's a brilliant marketing plan!

Not only that, but, the commercial is funny as hell! :D

rr9597
03-07-2002, 04:56 PM
I totally agree with maximus. Nice imput there buddy. I cant wait to see more commercials like it!

Afro Aura
03-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by rr9597
I totally agree with maximus. Nice imput there buddy. I cant wait to see more commercials like it!
Yeah right.... the XBOX is coming out on the 14/3/02 so I can't think of how many commercials are gonna fit in that space, I'm with DenniZz81 it didn't show us anything, I mean I'm looking at the commercials on the US OXM disk and they seem to fit the bill quite nicely

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

Yeah right.... the XBOX is coming out on the 14/3/02 so I can't think of how many commercials are gonna fit in that space, I'm with DenniZz81 it didn't show us anything, I mean I'm looking at the commercials on the US OXM disk and they seem to fit the bill quite nicely

Geez, Afro...come on now...I mean, you've heard of the XBox, right? And, I highly doubt that you are only one in the entire United Kingdom that has heard of it. Just wait and see, it will sell like crazy! :)

Afro Aura
03-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Geez, Afro...come on now...I mean, you've heard of the XBox, right? And, I highly doubt that you are only one in the entire United Kingdom that has heard of it. Just wait and see, it will sell like crazy! :)
Yeah dude I've got an US XBOX so I know all about it but the commercial doesn't tell you a lot now does it, I feel I'll be the only one in the shop to buy PAL XBOX with commercials like that lol
:)

I want my Rallisport Challenge NOW!!! stomp stomp NOW!!

Razor70
03-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Actually I saw that commercial and thought it was pretty funny too, but I do see your guys points on it. It really didn't show anything on the Xbox, but then again Maximus has a good point too (nice going buddy) that it is only a teaser commercial and once the day gets a little bit closer then I am for sure they will show a much more informative commercial. I think this one was shown to shock and not to inform.

Afro Aura
03-07-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Razor70
Actually I saw that commercial and thought it was pretty funny too, but I do see your guys points on it. It really didn't show anything on the Xbox, but then again Maximus has a good point too (nice going buddy) that it is only a teaser commercial and once the day gets a little bit closer then I am for sure they will show a much more informative commercial. I think this one was shown to shock and not to inform.
Ok, ok I'll belive you now but if it doesn't change I'm gonna kill myself and haunt you for the rest of your life hehehehe

hang on thats a bit silly how would I play my US XBOX if I dead hmmm ok you've survived this time but next time it'll be MURDER wuhahahahaha