PDA

View Full Version : GRID or Ninja Gaiden 2?

mattgame
06-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I have 60 bucks, which would you get? Granted I love them both. You will decide what I do with my money.

Enamelized420
06-02-2008, 11:09 PM
that's a tough choice but my vote goes to GRID but I enjoy driving games alot.... best of luck w/ your decision I hope to pick up my copy this weekend

Variation-XBA
06-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I disliked the GRID demo, so Ninja gets my dough. And by dough, I mean I get it sent free from work. Word.

Nato King
06-03-2008, 04:17 AM
I am a ninja gaiden man.

CrazyCougar
06-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Its would be GRID for me as I didnt much care for the first Ninja Gaiden. Supposedly this version isnt quite as difficult to control and what not. But I enjoyed DIRT immensley and think I will really enjoy GRID too.

But 2 totally differnet types of games here, so it really boils down to what you really want.

wicked_d365
06-03-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm going with Grid. It's a longer game and has more replay factor than Ninja. I look forward to playing Ninja, but after I finish a few I'm working on now.

David Creech
06-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm going with Grid. It's a longer game and has more replay factor than Ninja. I look forward to playing Ninja, but after I finish a few I'm working on now.

GRID longer than NG2? You know you have to replay NG2 8+ times to get all the achievements, right? And unreasonably difficult even on easy...

I would say if you are REALLY into Ninja Gaiden, get that. Otherwise, you will just find it frustrating. GRID is supposed to be one of the best racing games available from what I have seen so far.

mattgame
06-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm leaning towards GRID because I love good racer. I just can't wait to see the next gen Gaiden efforts. Help me.

Steeps5
06-04-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm going with grid on this one, i'm not much into the extremely bloody/gory type games, so i will probably avoid ninja gaiden 2. Grid looks like one of the better racing games this year, so I will definitely try it sometime.

David Creech
06-04-2008, 08:28 AM
A buddy of mine spent 7 hours yesterday playing NG2, said it was actually not as hard as advertised, and definitely not as hard as the first one. Beautiful game, apparently. I get mine this afternoon I hope. :)

At this point, they both have demos out, so try them both and make a decision.

Edit: Just found this on x360a.org:

GRID Freezing Problems Acknowledged By Codemasters
Written Tuesday, June 03, 2008 by Dan Webb

It appears more and more people are having slowdown issues with their copy of the latest Codemasters game, Grid. Gamers are making their issues known on the Codemasters forums in a huge 11 page thread.

Fear not wannabe drivers, Codemasters are already working on a fix according to the Grid's Executive Producer. Forum staffer, Uncle Chewy who we presume is Gavin Raeburn said "We're close to getting to the root of the problem and we will be including a fix and a backup workaround option (just in case) in our forthcoming patch due within the next few weeks or sooner. We think the issue is due to specific drive hardware, possibly with bad blocks /sectors."

What should gamers do in the meantime? Chewy suggests that "The best temporary measure is to copy your gamertag to a mem card, remove the hard drive and run the game that way. Replays and caching will be disabled, though instant replay will still work as this caches to memory."

Sit tight race addicts, the patch isn't far away.

mattgame
06-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh snap! Thanks for the info. It looks like NG2 for me. I don't want know broken game.

Unreal
06-04-2008, 02:54 PM
I have not had the chance to pick up GRID yet. I am playing NG2 though and I am having alot of fun. It's a hard choice since I will have both, but I would go with NG2.

wicked_d365
06-04-2008, 03:24 PM
NG2 is easy. My friend got one last night, already beat it twice, working on 3 now. The feezing on grid, has only been overseas so far. I have asked people in america, no problems as of yet.

mattgame
06-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, the choice was made and I got NG2. I got spooked when I read about the freezing stuff because when I played the PS3 demo it froze. I chalked it up to being a demo but.......... NG2 FTW!!! Thanks!

Jeezy 187
06-04-2008, 08:01 PM
ninja gaiden 2 has a demo out WAT?!!!!!! i didnt know that.. now i can try it out before i buy it monday

mattgame
06-04-2008, 08:02 PM
ninja gaiden 2 has a demo out WAT?!!!!!! i didnt know that.. now i can try it out before i buy it monday

GRID demo not NG2. My bad.

Ninja Scroll
06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Being as these are two different genres it depends on your thurst at this time.

Obviously with my XBA Username, Email, XboxLIVE Gamertag, ect you know where im going with this.
I will say this about NG2, the camera is worse than ever! They say it was made from the ground up for 360, but there is no way I can believe this is a brand new game engine from the original. Kinda like DOA3 to DOA4. You cant really tell the difference.
The game is fast paced and alot of fun, yet cheesy at times.
Im a hardcore fan so I accept all its flaws. It's just not the leap I was hoping or expecting from NG1 on Xbox to NG2 on Xbox360.
I cant comment on the other title your considering because I dont get down with those type of games.

GRID AINT GANGSTA!

SamSmith
06-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Another racing title... or game where you have a big feck off sword and can chop any extremities you feel like.

mattgame
06-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Another racing title... or game where you have a big feck off sword and can chop any extremities you feel like.

I mean since you put it that way.....................I'm gonna get my NG2 ON!!!

Ninja Scroll
06-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I mean since you put it that way.....................I'm gonna get my NG2 ON!!!

what are you waiting for? You been sitting on this for like 2 or 3 days!? :rolleyes:

Go cop NG2 and get yo ass pwned!!:hump:

mattgame
06-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I started NG rapin yesterday and it is brutal. It's a little easier than the first one so far. I sliced and diced the first boss really by mistake. I'm lovin it though.

Ninja Scroll
06-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I started NG rapin yesterday and it is brutal. It's a little easier than the first one so far. I sliced and diced the first boss really by mistake. I'm lovin it though.

Easy huh? What difficulty are you playing on? I dont see it on your games played list.

mattgame
06-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Easy huh? What difficulty are you playing on? I dont see it on your games played list.

reap3r o souls, I played on that profile and I am playing on whatever acolyte means.

Ninja Scroll
06-08-2008, 10:54 AM
reap3r o souls, I played on that profile and I am playing on whatever acolyte means.

OMG!!!! Man up and play on "Warrior". Acolyte is the pu$sy ass easy mode.:rolleyes: No wonder why you think it's a cake walk. LOL!!:D

Why you play on more than 1 profile?:confused:

mattgame
06-08-2008, 04:48 PM
OMG!!!! Man up and play on "Warrior". Acolyte is the pu$sy ass easy mode.:rolleyes: No wonder why you think it's a cake walk. LOL!!:D

Why you play on more than 1 profile?:confused:

Two 360's two profiles.

Bengal Chris
06-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Ninja Gaiden II

mattgame
06-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Thank you sir and welcome to the site.

Ry
06-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2, my friend and brother have it, its pretty sweet, gotta rent/buy it soon. I always wonder'd why you had 2 profiles. I just added MattGame, dunno what one you play on more, I play on Chicken more, Not Aqua is pretty much an Halo only profile.

Reclaimer
06-09-2008, 06:25 AM
I'll get both because I can afford to.

Except I probably won't be able to play them for awhile, much like how I just bought Lego Indy and Stranglehold but have failed to find time to play them.

Ah yes.. the job that affords me the toys I want.. keeps me from them.

wicked_d365
06-09-2008, 09:32 AM
I found out the freezing issue on Grid. It's the 20GB systems. They don't have enough memory to handle the game. I have been playing hours upon hours on my Elite, not one problem. I took it downstairs Friday night to play it on Live on my roommates 20 GB system. One the first race it jumped and glitched a few tomes, figured it was the internet. The next race on the first lap, the game starts glitching, cars start flying, then the screen goes brown, and it gives me 2 achievements. The game never comes back. Reset system, try single player, locks up again. Take it back to my Elite, not one problem. WTF? I asked a few people in the lobby of Grid and they have said the same thing, no problems out of Elites. GB lock up. The Arcades don't have the problem cause no HDD. Thats the fix Codemasters is saying to use till they patch it.

Shorezy
06-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I rented NG II this past weekend and i'm having a blast with it. Uber violence and fast speed make it an addicting talent testing action game. I definitely suggest you get this one, especially if Grid may have some problems like wicked was saying.

As with any other decision though it comes down to what you prefer. Action, or racing. If you want some blood on some blade or some rubber on some turf, whatever tickles your noids.

Ninja Scroll
06-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I'll get both because I can afford to.

Except I probably won't be able to play them for awhile, much like how I just bought Lego Indy and Stranglehold but have failed to find time to play them.

Ah yes.. the job that affords me the toys I want.. keeps me from them.

I have that problem too Reclaimer. I will splurg my cheese on 360 games and dem shiits be collecting dust. Poor judgement on my part.

Want to know my latest fuuck up? I was in a bestbuy last weekend and stumbled across a hard to find Limited Collectors Edition of Assassin's Creed for $69.99! :eek: I was a sucker to pick it up since I passed up on the game last year when a load of games came out!
I just put it in for the first time yesterday and knew damn well with the controls scheme of this game I wouldnt be playing it anytime soon, ... especially with NG2 & GTA4 pwning the disc tray in my 360.
How about when I was at Target a couple months ago and they had Bee Movie 360 on sales for $12.49!! :D Bought it, never played it .... then again, that was probably a good thing.
I just waste too much bread on games I dont get o. :bang:

Reclaimer
06-09-2008, 09:00 PM
I have that problem too Reclaimer. I will splurg my cheese on 360 games and dem shiits be collecting dust. Poor judgement on my part.

Want to know my latest fuuck up? I was in a bestbuy last weekend and stumbled across a hard to find Limited Collectors Edition of Assassin's Creed for $69.99! :eek: I was a sucker to pick it up since I passed up on the game last year when a load of games came out!
I just put it in for the first time yesterday and knew damn well with the controls scheme of this game I wouldnt be playing it anytime soon, ... especially with NG2 & GTA4 pwning the disc tray in my 360.
How about when I was at Target a couple months ago and they had Bee Movie 360 on sales for $12.49!! :D Bought it, never played it .... then again, that was probably a good thing.
I just waste too much bread on games I dont get o. :bang:

Yeah, I know how you feel. I was thinking about just going ahead and getting Kayne and Lynch after I get these two games despite the fact that I know I won't be able to really play these games for any length of time. Just like how I got GTA4 and GOW and barely had time to get into them because of my work schedule.

Hell, at least I'll have the option of playing the games when I get the time though.

mattgame
06-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I know how you feel. I was thinking about just going ahead and getting Kayne and Lynch after I get these two games despite the fact that I know I won't be able to really play these games for any length of time. Just like how I got GTA4 and GOW and barely had time to get into them because of my work schedule.

Hell, at least I'll have the option of playing the games when I get the time though.

That's a blessing when you have money to have options. All I have right now is GTA4, very little playing time, COD4, golden cross55, NG2, acolyte, and Guitar Hero3, my daughter plays mostly. I have games I rent from Gamefly but those don't count. I wish I had options like I used to but games are too expensive now.

l Maximus l
06-10-2008, 02:08 AM
With a newborn, I have rarely had time to play games lately. If anything, my new "escape" to relax is going to work, ironically! But, it's fun playing with the kid... I'll bust upstairs and rock out with some Rock Band mainly, but, that's about it. I'm playing consistently on Hard mode now and can play about half of the songs on Expert. Some of the "Impossible" songs, I can barely get through on Hard mode, though...they're pretty crazy tough, but, I'm getting better. I just don't have a ton of time to practice. I'm also not worried about cash so that's definitely not my problem. Time is my problem and the lack thereof!

Reclaimer
06-10-2008, 04:29 AM
It sucks to get old. I just want to kick back, drink a beer and play video games.
But no.. I have to go to work and make money.. and save the world apparently..