PDA

View Full Version : This Place Is Getting Boring

JakofallAces
06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
nothing exciting has happened in ages and the database is taking YEARS and on top of that i am in desperate need of money, Moltenluv is like me but also has a sick little kitty, goldeneyezs wants to sell, and all the recent threads have bored me beyond reason, we need some excitement around here, i shall thoughtfully admire anyone who makes this thready magically awesome and interesting and also POST RANDOM STUFF TO KEEP MY NOW APPEAR ADD IN CHECK thanks guys cya soon HERE:bang:

Symmetric-XBA
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I posted the retirement statement that Itagaki where he announces his leaving of Team Ninja, and the lawsuit he's filing against capcom. No more ninja gaiden or dead or alive (from him at least)

Ry
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I guess you've never coded/tried to code something, It isnt like putting a puzzle ment for ages 2-5. It's alot of hard work and I've never tried to code something as hard as a database. I'd kinda like you too try, and maybe show some more respect for those who are doing it.

JakofallAces
06-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I guess you've never coded/tried to code something, It isnt like putting a puzzle ment for ages 2-5. It's alot of hard work and I've never tried to code something as hard as a database. I'd kinda like you too try, and maybe show some more respect for those who are doing it.

BORING i will flame you for this on xbL tomorrow my last day of school

Ry
06-03-2008, 09:23 PM
You can try.

JakofallAces
06-03-2008, 09:39 PM
You can try.

OH I WILL AND YOUR NOT TAN COLORING:mad:

Ry
06-03-2008, 09:55 PM
OH I WILL AND YOUR NOT TAN COLORING:mad:

Too bad Im aqua.

Symmetric-XBA
06-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I do html, flash, all that kinda stuff for websites and everything and to compile the information is hard, but when you talk about items that were only released in other countries around the world, it becomes next to impossible. Scripting and programming the list, esp. if flash is involved (which i hope is true, b/c that makes loading times as well as user interface MUCH easier) takes a LONG LONG LONG time. Just to do the website for Ultra Music Festival for 2 years in a row took multiple days when I'd end up passing out on my MIDI controller b/c of the long hours involved. If I ever had to torture a hostage for information I'd slide a comp. in front of them and order them to do coding. Its by far one of the most tedious and boring tasks you can ever think of, full of headaches and trial and errors, and all other types of personal hell. I personally offered my services to do work and help out when I originally signed up b/c I have a lot of free time, experience and I'm literally never off of this site except for a comp. reboot (which thanks to windows I have to do now lol), however, I was turned away @ the door b4 even any sort of consideration. A lot of these people have jobs, and lives that keep them away from this site and away from a computer in general, thus causing delays in the formation of the database. Frustrating as it may be, the ends justify the means.

Ry
06-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I've done HTML and a little bit of PHP with my old website its not that easy..

SpaceGhost2K
06-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Wow, thanks for contributing something positive to the website, JAK.

:confused:

falldowndrunk
06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
HTML I always thought was fun,but what sym said about trying to get foreign exclusives and etc. all compiled...jeesh,yeah,been there,done that,don't want to go down that road again.So big appreciation and cookies to those working hard on the database!!

As for the boards being boring...everything gets boring on the net after a while,especially if you visit the same site over and over every day.Try standing on your head and try and read these posts,or drink lots of...orange juice.Yeah,thats it,OJ,and you'll see these boards in a whole new light.Till you black out.

Slowride
06-03-2008, 10:35 PM
falldowndrunk doesn't post enough.

Just my opinion.....

KatamariKutie
06-03-2008, 11:53 PM
nothing exciting has happened in ages and the database is taking YEARS and on top of that i am in desperate need of money, Moltenluv is like me but also has a sick little kitty, goldeneyezs wants to sell, and all the recent threads have bored me beyond reason, we need some excitement around here, i shall thoughtfully admire anyone who makes this thready magically awesome and interesting and also POST RANDOM STUFF TO KEEP MY NOW APPEAR ADD IN CHECK thanks guys cya soon HERE:bang:

I don't know about all the stuff involved to the exact detail like the other guys - but I can tell you first hand - I haven't seen Spacey for 10 whole days since all this got totally underway. So I know he is really really really busy and you need to stop whining. (but i say that with love)

SpaceGhost2K
06-04-2008, 03:27 AM
We just went from 60+to 143 faceplates in the database. That only includes six of my customs. The rest are all regular plates. There is still a HUGE number of plates that aren't in there. I'll post that info in the database thread though.

falldowndrunk
06-04-2008, 03:34 AM
falldowndrunk doesn't post enough.

Just my opinion.....

I post all the time.I just forget to hit the submit button.

JakofallAces
06-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Wow, thanks for contributing something positive to the website, JAK.

:confused:

oh sorry but you have benn doing such a great job lately really (I seriously cant tell if i am being sarcastic)

JakofallAces
06-04-2008, 05:20 AM
I don't know about all the stuff involved to the exact detail like the other guys - but I can tell you first hand - I haven't seen Spacey for 10 whole days since all this got totally underway. So I know he is really really really busy and you need to stop whining. (but i say that with love)

YAY your back i have been bored as hell without you and our nonsensical aims together at like 11:00 at night anyways ya i only really posted this so i can say hi to the posters who dont acknowledge me like gameking, goldeneyez, and a few others i cant remember but hopefully they will surface here

ali rock 110
06-04-2008, 03:00 PM
You realize that you're kind of poo pooing on all the guys who contribute to this site on the regular? :bang:

SpaceGhost2K
06-04-2008, 03:31 PM
You realize that you're kind of poo pooing on all the guys who contribute to this site on the regular? :bang:

That's just it, I don't think he realizes that at all.

wicked_d365
06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Right now is just that crazy time of year for everyone. Lots of people finishing school, planning trips, watching kids, getting jobs, etc...
I know Spacy's been busting his ass, and code work is a HUGE pain in the ass. I did a few for a friend a few years ago. Never again unless it's for me or something.
Sorry your bored, we all are. I sit on here all day at work, bored out of my skull, just waiting for 6 so I can go home and fire up the ol' Elite.
Relax, were still here, just busy at the moment.

Ry
06-04-2008, 04:32 PM
That's just it, I don't think he realizes that at all.
I agree with you SP2K™. No offence Jak, but I think you should start showing the people at XBA more respect. I know its just a forum, But it dosnt make much of a diffrence, Dont show repsect at school, you get to stay after school. If you dont show repsect, you get banned/suspended. do you think people are just going to give it too you?

JakofallAces
06-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I agree with you SP2K™. No offence Jak, but I think you should start showing the people at XBA more respect. I know its just a forum, But it dosnt make much of a diffrence, Dont show repsect at school, you get to stay after school. If you dont show repsect, you get banned/suspended. do you think people are just going to give it too you?

okay first of all i respect all the people in the world as long as they respect me and are kind to others and all that jazz but when i say 'this place" i mean the faceplate forum, SO sorry to have offended people outside of this sub forum area so i will expect your negative rep as usual any time soon. Also i have never not shown any of you respect except the occasional newcomer i.e. super kid or whatever his name is. I dont really care if you guys like me or not i am here whither or not, so I really do want to hear "oh your a ****ing ***got i have to bust my ass every day at work" u can just **** off okay i have a life too is not like i sit at home very day playing xbox and buying faceplates i have a job and school and a piss ass family and lots of other **** in my life that makes me want to end it all so **** off seriously i like to go here to relax and unwind and see whats happening in the community and dont need people flamin' me for a frickin thread wtf is it for an who cares i was bored with the site adn wanted some people to post exciting things here SO ****ING sorry i affended you all and therefore you just flame me and think i dont respect you guys though some of you i really dont, so seriously if you feel th need to flame me and get me banned then feel free but not in a thread i made.