PDA

View Full Version : Halo The best?

chili325
03-07-2002, 02:03 PM
At the end of the year what will have the 'best xbox game' status

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 02:32 PM
I hope not. That would truly be a sad state of affairs if the best the XBOX had to show after twelve months was a launch title.

mahalan
03-07-2002, 02:34 PM
It's highly unlikely.

Halo's a great game but it's still a first generation Xbox game. Before you know it, we'll have games built for multiplayer utilizing the 1080i graphics that'll knock your socks off and you'll wonder what the fuss about Halo was about.

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 02:36 PM
I agree with both Hugh and Manhalan, however, I will have to say that it will be a tough benchmark to surpass! But, Manhalan makes an excellent point in that the current games we have now are only first generation. Expect future games to utilize the real power that the XBox can produce! :D

I am a huge fan of the FPS genre, however, I just picked up Rallisport Challenge last night and it is the "Halo" of racing games for the XBox, in my opinion! So, right there, you have a very comparible game but in a different genre, in my opinion.

But, I anticipate that Brute Force and Unreal Championship...and perhaps, TEKKI, will give Halo a run for it's money! So, this is going to be very interesting to see as a few months come ahead :)

Ninja Scroll
03-07-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I hope not. That would truly be a sad state of affairs if the best the XBOX had to show after twelve months was a launch title.

Im with you Hugh Jass, Halo is without a shadow of a doubt the best Xbox and maybe overall game of the year.
But if nothing tops it in 2002 it will be a shame.

But if you think about it, Halo is a classic and classics are hard to come by.

I think we got soooo many awesome games on da horizon this year that it doesnt matter is anything will top Halo.

Dont forget, Halo 1.5 is coming this summer with online play! Droooooooooooooooooling:p

Ooooooooooh yeah!:cool:

JJaX
03-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Dont forget, Halo 1.5 is coming this summer with online play! Droooooooooooooooooling:p

Dont hold your breathe..............

DanTheGreat
03-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Well.. I Think Halo is the next game i am going to buy. What does everyone think?

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by DanTheGreat
Well.. I Think Halo is the next game i am going to buy. What does everyone think?

Oh my....dan dan dan dan dan dan dan DAN DAN DAN DAN!!! Halo should be MANDATORY for every XBox owner! :D Hey, you asked what I thought! :D

The game is utterly brilliant, hands down! :)

I mean, even if you are not a First Person Shooter fan, you will LOVE Halo...ask Ninja Scroll who posted on this thread...he's not a first person shooter fan...but, turned into one because of Halo! No joke!

Keep in mind that you can already play Halo on-line through Gamespy, which is free! It's the best gaming experience I have had in my 21 years of gaming! :)

wweomaniac
03-07-2002, 03:24 PM
I will have to give it to Project Ego. Project Ego will defy the meanign of a good game.

You probably know what it is, and if you don't go check it out at the excitement section of this website. Youll see why it s so anticipated.