PDA

View Full Version : Win a WALL-E signed Xbox 360 and custom faceplate

SpaceGhost2K
06-11-2008, 02:19 AM
We will be giving away one - ONE - of these consoles. The faceplate was designed by SpaceGhost2K and custom painted by MyPaintEffects. The Xbox 360 was made possible through a GRACIOUS donation by gh0st_r1der, who not only provided the console, but arranged for the entire development team to sign it as well. It took both sides AND the top to hold all the signatures!

Besides the awesome grand prize, which we believe will also include a copy of the game (we're confirming that right now), we'll also have other WALL-E prizes and a number of other collectible faceplates (including the Canadian Launch plates that NOBODY has, apparently). Kamshaft is amassing a swag stack of fantabulous proportions as we speak.

**EDIT** Update on the prizes. In addition to gh0st_r1der contributing this signed console, which is a Falcon BTW, that was signed by the team at Heavy Iron Studios, parent company THQ is also donating a number of copies of the game plus three "swag bags" that include WALL-E shirts, coolers and more. Plus MadCatz is contributing some other prizes for this increasingly massive faceplate database launch, and it looks like UbiSoft may be throwing in some prizes, too. WOO HOO!

Our TENTATIVE timeline is this:

NOW: Uploading plates to the database, constructing the viewer access part of the database. Shipping and hoarding the prizes. Also trying to get an answer from xbox.com and Xbox LIVE about covering the contest.

JUNE 17th: Database goes live. We NEED the community to check it over EXHAUSTIVELY! We will solicit feetback from the community here, most of which will concern getting the data right in the database. That will include acquiring/improving photos, tracking down missing information, and correcting erroneous information. It will most likely NOT concern the design of the database itself. We will focus upgrades to the actual mechanics of the database after the contest.

JUNE 24th: The GAME is out, and the CONTEST begins! Contest entries start being accepted. Two major requirements are 1) You have to be a member, which requires joining if you haven't already, and 2) You will enter your contact information following a link on the front page. There may be an age restriction. I have to check into that. If there is, it will be 13 or something. There may be other restrictions concerning a set amount of time to respond to the notification or another winner will be redrawn, OR that Xbox Addict reserves the right to cancel the contest or award alternative prizes at their discretion with no notice. ALSO, other community sites will be told about the contest, and hopefully the word will spread like wildfire. I told Kamshaft that I wanted more than three thousand entries in the drawing.

JUNE 27TH: The biggest movie of the 2008 is released. Period.

JULY 20TH: Contest entries stop being accepted at 11:59PM PST.

JULY 21ST: Winners will be selected and notified. Winners will be announced upon their notification.

And here's the prize. (Xbox and faceplate only, not the enormous fellow behind the console. :) )

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/WALL-E%20Console%20Giveaway/159_5969_r1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/WALL-E%20Console%20Giveaway/159_5971_r1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/WALL-E%20Console%20Giveaway/159_5972_r1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/WALL-E%20Console%20Giveaway/159_5973_r1.jpg

(OK, everybody can bow down and worship gh0st_r1der, now.)

Ry
06-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Wow, That's pretty sweet, I want to go see this.(Trying to get someone to come with me, so far nothing, still got 2 weeks though)Looks funny. That's REALLY nice of Ghost Rider to do this.

YAY GHOST :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Symmetric-XBA
06-11-2008, 07:38 AM
massive credit to ghost rider for this item! wow, only 6 days then untill the database is up and running? what upgrades to the list are going to be implemented after the contest?

wicked_d365
06-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Looks sweet. Thanks to Ghost for hooking it up big. Can't wait to see the database.

Kamshaft
06-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Holy crap! When I teamed up to do this with Sapceman, geez I had no clue!
Hell, now I want that console! Too bad. :crying:

But, in the tradition of XBA giveaways and contests. We do them big...but this time it's all Spaceghost.

Good luck, and hope you all enjoy the database. :cool:

Enamelized420
06-11-2008, 08:45 AM
that's just awesome, thanks gh0st_r1der for the donation and Spacey & MyPaintEffects for the faceplate. Sounds like a great contest w/ some really cool and unique prizes....

Kamshaft
06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
We're also gonna have Mad Catz involved in some hardware giveaways too! Stay Tuned! :cool:

Ry
06-11-2008, 11:59 AM
We're also gonna have Mad Catz involved in some hardware giveaways too! Stay Tuned! :cool:
Cool!, Cant wait.

UNV Superkid
06-11-2008, 01:45 PM
this site and its team and members just keeps getting better and better...

Thank you to everyone for providing such an awesome experince!!!

SWEET CONSOLE AND PLATE!!

JakofallAces
06-11-2008, 02:01 PM
this site and its team and members just keeps getting better and better...

Thank you to everyone for providing such an awesome experince!!!

SWEET CONSOLE AND PLATE!!

wow i could rip on you soo bad, but i like you now....slightly and anyways cant ruin the celebration thanks slveti and hope a regular wins:whistle:

tacohead
06-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Awesome work guys! Very Impressive!

JarkMan
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
man thats tight cant wait to see who wins hopefully its a addit here who ever wins that is gonna be one lucky dude!

HaZarD SFD
06-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Ughhhh Me wants soooo bad.. Wall-E is the best.

UNV Superkid
06-12-2008, 10:01 AM
wow i could rip on you soo bad, but i like you now....slightly and anyways cant ruin the celebration thanks slveti and hope a regular wins:whistle:

lol, hey i am just trying to put my name on the good grace list i really want that xbox lol;);):cheers:

you know you want it toooooo!!

JakofallAces
06-12-2008, 02:22 PM
lol, hey i am just trying to put my name on the good grace list i really want that xbox lol;);):cheers:

you know you want it toooooo!!

well not enough to get a brown nose or anything for it but yes its cool but then if and when it eventually breaks then i doubt we will be as lucky as spacey got with his developers xbox

gh0st_r1der
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Actually the Xbox360 I'm giving is a FALCON (with 65nm CPU) with extra heatsink inside and BENQ DVD drive.
Those don't break.

SpaceGhost2K
06-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Falcon A!

SpaceGhost2K
06-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I noted the Falcon part in the original post, plus I added a note about a few other prizes that are confirmed. We have even more prizes that remain UNconfirmed, and we'll announce those as soon as they're locked down.

dmiller68
06-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Very, very cool. This looks like it is going to be a great movie!

gameking28
06-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Gh0st_R1der you're my new hero! :cheers:
This DB launch/contest is going to be HUGE!

Variation-XBA
06-18-2008, 12:26 AM
You better not let your woman see this Ranzo

kdub1982
06-18-2008, 08:54 AM
that is sooo RAD!! can't wait to see the movie and play the game.

mypainteffects
06-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Just wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to Space and gh0st_r1der for making this happen. I really appreciate their faith in me, and the chance to help out on such a project. I just wish my schedule and life allowed for me to get it completed in a more timely manner. Thanks again!

SpaceGhost2K
06-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Just wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to Space and gh0st_r1der for making this happen. I really appreciate their faith in me, and the chance to help out on such a project. I just wish my schedule and life allowed for me to get it completed in a more timely manner. Thanks again!

Hey, we asked a lot from you. I didn't plan far enough ahead, and gh0st didn't even know it was coming. I totally blindsided him with it. It was the two of you who totally pulled it off, and everything is where it's supposed to be with plenty of time.

"I love it when a plan comes together!" /Hannibal

JakofallAces
06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Hey, we asked a lot from you. I didn't plan far enough ahead, and gh0st didn't even know it was coming. I totally blindsided him with it. It was the two of you who totally pulled it off, and everything is where it's supposed to be with plenty of time.

"I love it when a plan comes together!" /Hannibal

wait did ghost change sexes again?I cant keep up with her/him and their gender. Also great job ghost and mpe you have done sweet cant wait till the 27th

SpaceGhost2K
06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Kamshaft and I are working on the entry form right now and we should have it accessable soon.

SpaceGhost2K
06-24-2008, 10:06 PM
OK, an update on the contest. We've already had at least one person contact Kamshaft, upset that we weren't taking entries for the contest yet.

One thing most people don't know is how a website like this is run. It isn't run with a dozen people and a bunch of money from some corporate entity keeping them all employed. This is Kam, and a few volunteers who help out WHEN. THEY. CAN. That's it. This place is a lot more impressive when you know that.

However, it means that when real-life intervenes, plans don't always go forward as.. well, planned. In this case Kam's wife had a baby two days ago. He has a wife that needs attention plus a brand new baby girl, AND a three year old son who is a three year old son with a brand new baby sister, and all that implies. So if we miss the opening date of the contest, that's how it is.

One one hand, I'm sorry we didn't meet our date for the launch of the contest. On the other hand, the prizes we got were remarkable, unbelievable for a site like this. We've gotten wonderful cooperation from a number of organizations including THQ, MadCatz and Microsoft, not to mention some awesome efforts from the efforts of members gh0st_r1der, mypainteffects, and of course, Kamshaft.

Nothing changes about the contest except that it starts a day later. It still ends on July 20th, which is a LOT of time for people to enter and to get the word out. The prizes didn't change, except that we might ADD some more.

Here's a link to the page if you haven't seen it.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/article/119.html

We'll make some noise when, hopefully tomorrow, we start taking names and kicking butt. Or something like that.

Variation-XBA
06-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Kamshaft and I are working on the entry form right now and we should have it accessable soon.

Give us an update asap please~ :)

PLAYMKR
06-25-2008, 07:39 AM
So how do you enter? I swear im reading this over and over and still cant find out how to enter. :bang:

EDIT....

So in my further reading, i take it the "entry page" is not finalized. No problemo.

laughs
06-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow! How cool is that!?! gh0st_r1der

JakofallAces
06-25-2008, 01:11 PM
So how do you enter? I swear im reading this over and over and still cant find out how to enter. :bang:

EDIT....

So in my further reading, i take it the "entry page" is not finalized. No problemo.

check the front page of this sub forum it will say where to enter in bold

Symmetric-XBA
06-25-2008, 02:32 PM
who is goin to do the drawing for this contest? is someone from the site going to choose the winner? or is an outside source doing the drawing?

SpaceGhost2K
06-25-2008, 03:27 PM
First, the contest entry form is now accessable, so everybody please enter!

(And let me know if you have any problems entering.)

Second, Kam has written a program to pull winners names out of the entries. We won't have anything to do with who it selects except notifying the winners.

Here is a summary of the prizes:

1) WALL-E custom faceplate and signed console, WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and the other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter provided by MadCatz. Signed WALL-E console and custom faceplate made possible by a joint effort of XBA members gh0st_r1der, mypainteffects and SpaceGhost2K.

2) WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter provided by MadCatz.

3) WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter donated by MadCatz.

4) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz.

5) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz.

6) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz.

7) WALL-E game provided by THQ.

8) WALL-E game provided by THQ.

9) WALL-E game provided by THQ.

10) WALL-E game provided by THQ.

11) E305 plate, new and unopened (number range between #162 and #176 out of 5000 so they're super low numbers). Provided by Xbox USA.

12) E305 plate, new and unopened. Provided by Xbox USA.

13) E305 plate, new and unopened. Provided by Xbox USA.

14) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada.

15) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada.

16) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada.

17) Canadian Launch Plate with printed signatures, (#15 out of only 42 made). Provided by Xbox Canada.

The signed console and custom plate package is easily worth more than $1000, and Tacohead has the limited Canadian Launch plates listed at lowdown411.com as being valued at $800 each. I think the more limited one might be worth more than that. I'd never even seen either one of them before I got them, unlike the War of the Worlds, X-Men, PREY and Moto GP '06 plates, which a couple of people in here own.

Variation-XBA
06-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow, the prizes get better and better! July 20th is too far away

Flood
06-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Wow, the prizes get better and better! July 20th is too far away

agreed

Ry
07-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Im going to see this tonight with my girl. I cant wait too see it

SpaceGhost2K
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I saw it opening night with KatamariKutie, and I'm seeing it again in about 20 minutes with my daughter.

Ry
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I saw it opening night with KatamariKutie, and I'm seeing it again in about 20 minutes with my daughter.
hey what did you think? I loved it tbh.

SpaceGhost2K
07-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Just got back. I think I liked it even better the second time. I think it just jumped Ratatouille.

LeThAl REMiX
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Wonderful Giveaway.. I entered first dayh I joined :O

Fargoth
07-19-2008, 12:34 PM
You guys are the best. Just when you thought this site couldn't get better :)

JakofallAces
07-19-2008, 10:55 PM
You guys are the best. Just when you thought this site couldn't get better :)

AND THEN IT DID OMG:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

SpaceGhost2K
07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Today's the last day to enter the contest. The signup mage may still allow you to enter after the 11:59 PM PDT cutoff, but those entries will not be counted.

Link a friend to the site and get them entered.

Symmetric-XBA
07-20-2008, 02:28 PM
isn't the drawing today??

Variation-XBA
07-20-2008, 02:30 PM
isn't the drawing today??

Read above

JarkMan
07-20-2008, 04:35 PM
what time do u think the winners will be selected cause that will give me to reasons to stay up till 12:01 because of this and the new underoath mega cd pack that comes with 2 vinal records a 59 page book and its signed by the whole band

SpaceGhost2K
07-20-2008, 04:51 PM
The XboxAddict/WALL-E contest will accept entries through July 20th, 2008 at 11:59PM PDT. Winners will be selected and announced at XboxAddict.com on July 21st, 2008. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.

I doubt very seriously we'll do a drawing at that time since it's 3 AM for Kamshaft. We'll draw them sometimes tomorrow (Monday).

JakofallAces
07-20-2008, 04:55 PM
I doubt very seriously we'll do a drawing at that time since it's 3 AM for Kamshaft. We'll draw them sometimes tomorrow (Monday).

cool have fun and how many have entered if you know?

SpaceGhost2K
07-20-2008, 06:45 PM
cool have fun and how many have entered if you know?

I know as of a few days ago, but not at the moment. It wasn't the 3,000 I thought, though.

JakofallAces
07-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I know as of a few days ago, but not at the moment. It wasn't the 3,000 I thought, though.

umm i think that is good but you seem to think its bad but fyi i was trying to make awareness of it at x360a but a mod nearly banned me because i aint allowed to advertise for other sites there, sorry.

SpaceGhost2K
07-20-2008, 07:52 PM
umm i think that is good but you seem to think its bad but fyi i was trying to make awareness of it at x360a but a mod nearly banned me because i aint allowed to advertise for other sites there, sorry.

what is x360a?

JakofallAces
07-20-2008, 09:26 PM
what is x360a?

xbox360achievements.org all the mods there are *******s and are *****es about anything off site sorry i have already been banned once from them for telling a member that he hacked gamerscore *lol* so i dont really wanna be banned again for good

ChRoNiK120
07-21-2008, 09:55 AM
ok ok ok ok ok o ko k i really really wanna sing up... but jak has to call me cuz ill forget i postd this so like yea jak c all me and tell me howww

Not Yellow
07-21-2008, 10:10 AM
ok ok ok ok ok o ko k i really really wanna sing up... but jak has to call me cuz ill forget i postd this so like yea jak c all me and tell me howww

Registration ended yesterday.

JakofallAces
07-21-2008, 11:39 AM

sorry dunny but hey at least your sponsored for paintball so if i win i'll give it to you for your ego.

BunnyRabbit
07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
For those of you who havent seen the front page...Id just like to say congratulations to myself for winning the grand prize.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As well as congrats to myself for winning prizes 2-16 and donating my 17th to a orphanage.

No,but seriously.. Good luck everyone..=)

JakofallAces
07-21-2008, 02:00 PM
For those of you who havent seen the front page...Id just like to say congratulations to myself for winning the grand prize.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As well as congrats to myself for winning prizes 2-16 and donating my 17th to a orphanage.

No,but seriously.. Good luck everyone..=)

spam?? anyways that was mean.

SpaceGhost2K
07-21-2008, 02:19 PM

I'm trying to get ahold of Kam right now. He just had a baby so he's probably sleeping. :)

BunnyRabbit
07-21-2008, 02:25 PM

Thats right Jak 5 years of membership and 4,600 posts. Im the spamlord. :)
It was a bit of a joke,but all in all Ive wished you and everyone luck..Youre welcome.:cheers:

JakofallAces
07-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Thats right Jak 5 years of membership and 4,600 posts. Im the spamlord. :)
It was a bit of a joke,but all in all Ive wished you and everyone luck..Youre welcome.:cheers:

and i was kidding so who is the real spammer??

tomdeafgermany
07-21-2008, 04:56 PM
wow, that is very nice for xbox faceplate WALL-E. i like......

NealP
07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Did I miss the results? I refreshed this page different times yesterday and never saw anything. Do we know who won, yet?

Variation-XBA
07-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Did I miss the results? I refreshed this page different times yesterday and never saw anything. Do we know who won, yet?

Look one thread up, winners were announced

tacohead
07-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Congratulations to all the winners! Big round of applause! Enjoy!:cheers:

laughs
08-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Got the faceplate! Thanks guys! It looks great! I slept with it last night. *Hail*

Fargoth
08-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Got the faceplate! Thanks guys! It looks great! I slept with it last night. *Hail*

God damn its about time you got back.

Variation-XBA
08-18-2008, 12:53 AM

Give u 2 dolla!

gameking28
08-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Give u 2 dolla!

I'll beat that! 3.. no... 4 dolla! You sell now! :rofl: