PDA

View Full Version : NinjaGaiden2: Your thoughts?

Ninja Scroll
06-13-2008, 04:40 PM
My thoughts are this game is a great challenge, at times cheesy bosses with a terrible camera (you dont think so?, just keep playing and you'll agree! :crying: ) however very rewarding,... even with it's 10 second ending that all but was the same length as the first NG on the original Xbox.:rolleyes:
They dumped down the difficulty since apparently everyone wanted to throw there controllers at the TV and felt the game was extremely hard...core.
Dumped down meaning more save points that replinish your entire health, and gain some health after every battle sequence.
I was hoping for this game to have a more deeper story with memorable characters, but that was not the case. It's just an action game through and through.
Then again, this is Tecmo so you shouldnt expect those things, but hey, you never know when a company will think outside the box (no pun intended).

And since when did Ryu Hyabusa talk? :watchout: , I swore in the original he never mumbled 1-word! Not that anything is wrong with that.
However something is wrong with his father being named "Joe". I mean, come on, get creative. And you never see him again, just no concussion at all.
The Bosses remind me of DMC4 how they transform into superior Fiends.
I appreciate NG more than DMC4, however DMC4 had more personality, much better innovative combat (Nero), locations were mor interactive and detailed.

I appreciate how in Halo3 fashion Tecmo allowed those gamers like yours truly whom played the game on "Warrior" get the 100achievement for "Acolyt" in addition to Warrior for 200gamerpoints as did Halo3 do with playing on "Legendary" and getting all the achievements for the easier difficulty modes.
Not going to spoil unless anyone has any questions, but just make sure your loaded with everything and the kitchen sink, because you will need it all for the final string of bosses without any in-between time to load up on the goodies.

I want to know what is everyone elses thoughts on NinjaGaiden2? Your thoughts on the story (or lack thereof), graphics (aka looks like the same old engine from the original), gameplay, difficulty?

I know my views were just me ranting about random things, however I am biasted to the Ninja Gaiden series since NES, but a spade is a spade, and I feel Tecmo just gave me an effortless sequel with minor upgrades.

It was a great feeling to beat the game starting on Warrior Mode, but I felt robbed with the ending, and everything else I mentioned.
The thought of playing Mentor Mode (next difficulty that is released after beating Warrior) for only a mere 100gamerspoints is not going to happen. Even with that kickass Crimson Ninja costume or G.I. Joe Ninja costume as a bonus.

Enough of my ass, let me know, am I wrong? too critical? Let me know your thoughts fellas. :cheers:

naw mean?

Kamshaft
06-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Hello, my ninja good friend! Can you put all what you typed in our review system? I might put it on the front page! Pretty please?!?!

:hardcore:

laughs
06-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Good review... I was staying away from this one because the last one was so hard. Now that I know this one is a little easier I may check it out.

Enamelized420
06-13-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks for the review, and definitely do like KAM mentioned and copy that to the Review here: http://www.xboxaddict.com/product_profile/1175.html#

Ninja Scroll
06-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Hello, my ninja good friend! Can you put all what you typed in our review system? I might put it on the front page! Pretty please?!?!

:hardcore:

Really!? :D I didnt know I gave a review? I thought it was just a rant?:confused: I dont know if my grammar is up to the task of such a request. I will do it if I know it will get front page! :D

Direct me to where I need to go my Kraftmac&cheeseXBA! I'll debut my 1st every review for XBA Exclusively. :cheers:

Good review... I was staying away from this one because the last one was so hard. Now that I know this one is a little easier I may check it out.

Like I said, didnt know it was a review, but im happy to know it was really helpful to you all.
And great to know your willing to give this game an opportunity knowing it is not has hard (try Acolyte Difficulty) as the original action classic masterpiece.

I think it is the best action game on the 360 (minus all the nitpicking I mentioned in my 1st post), just not the leap from the original I was expecting.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
06-13-2008, 10:32 PM
damn,they lowered the difficulty level, i was saving this game for july cause nothing is coming out in that month except civilization rev.. cause ninja is the sht, on hard.

Ninja Scroll
06-13-2008, 11:57 PM
damn,they lowered the difficulty level, i was saving this game for july cause nothing is coming out in that month except civilization rev.. cause ninja is the sht, on hard.

Dont get it twisted nephew, this game is still a beast! Beat it on "Warrior" like I did and tell me it's easy. After that, they have a difficulty called "Mentor", then "Master Ninja". Good luck! :D

btw, I did the review Kraft-Government Cheese! :cheers:

What do I get for that quality review? DBZ:Burst Limit would look really nice in my Xbox360 DVD disc tray! :D RYYYUUUKEEEEEEN!!!:hardcore:

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
06-14-2008, 11:19 AM
What do I get for that quality review? DBZ:Burst Limit would look really nice in my Xbox360 DVD disc tray! :D RYYYUUUKEEEEEEN!!!:hardcore:

dont hold ur breath ninja scrotum im still waiting for forza 2 that i won lol for reviewing in early 08 oh well.. is all good... :cheers:

Kamshaft
06-14-2008, 11:21 AM
The review system is up there for anyone to use. I just hand pick which ones get to go on the front page or not. They all get added to the product profile.

You can write reviews a lot shorter than what you wrote. We just want people to express how they feel about the games they buy. Grammar good or not, it's what you thought of it at the end of the day.

laughs
06-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Like I said, didnt know it was a review, but im happy to know it was really helpful to you all.
And great to know your willing to give this game an opportunity knowing it is not has hard (try Acolyte Difficulty) as the original action classic masterpiece.

I think it is the best action game on the 360 (minus all the nitpicking I mentioned in my 1st post), just not the leap from the original I was expecting.

Yeah the first one was frustrating to me... Me and a couple of guys tried to finish it and we ended up drinking beer and watching the hockey game instead. I'm looking forward to this one when I get these assignments/finals out of the way.

Oh and who here has played Ninja Gaiden on the arcade? I friggin loved that game! My father had it in his arcade and we used to play the hell out of that one every day! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_(arcade_game)

Ninja Scroll
06-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah the first one was frustrating to me... Me and a couple of guys tried to finish it and we ended up drinking beer and watching the hockey game instead. I'm looking forward to this one when I get these assignments/finals out of the way.

Oh and who here has played Ninja Gaiden on the arcade? I friggin loved that game! My father had it in his arcade and we used to play the hell out of that one every day! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_(arcade_game)

Yeah, give this game a shot. Hey everything .. let me tell you something amazing that happened when I bought this game.

Well I pre-ordered the game from bestbuy.com for instore pick up, right. So basically they send you an email to inform you when the game is ready for pick up the day it's released. So I go to the store and according to the email you have to bring to the store with you with your ID & credit card you used for purchase which they normally dont ask for it said "if you wait more than 1-minute for your in store pick up from the time you had over your email slip they give you $10.00 off your purchase.
Well they took about 2minutes and I wasnt going to bother, but the dude at Customer Service said I will take of $10.00 for your wait sir.
So I was like, cool.
Okay, why I look at my credit card online and dude mistakingly only charged me $10.00 for the game. Dude mistakingly credited me back the difference, so I only technically paid $10.00 for this game!!! :hardcore:

Hopefully they will not audit my purchase from that day (crosses fingers) and charge my card back! I know it can happen. But im sure there is a time frame from when they can do such a mistake. They should just take an L on this one. ;)

Back to your post. I played Ninja Gaiden in the arcade, and it was a quarter eater to me. Ryu was more Final Fight than a Ninja in that game. He was pretty cheesey to be real with you.
Now Ninja Gaiden 1,2,3 on NES were the shiit! Tecmo needs to put dem on XBLA ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja Scroll
06-14-2008, 07:22 PM
The review system is up there for anyone to use. I just hand pick which ones get to go on the front page or not. They all get added to the product profile.

You can write reviews a lot shorter than what you wrote. We just want people to express how they feel about the games they buy. Grammar good or not, it's what you thought of it at the end of the day.

Maybe my next review I will have mercy on the length. I guess I pulled a IGN.com on XBA! :D You know those clowns write infinite reviews that are extremely long and vastly overate games.

If you need my review in the future for a particular game just give me a shout out. My money is long enough to pick up anything for the most part at any time.
My preferences would be sports (Football/basketball only), Fighting, Action/Adventure genres.

I got you for the Soul Calibur4 release next month most def!

the soul never dies. :hardcore:

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
06-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I got you for the Soul Calibur4 release next month most def!

the soul never dies. :hardcore:

I'm gonna beat the sht, out of you on that one scroll thats my game dude.. eyyy chief when you getting DBZ also , i downloaded that game you wanted me to play with you, im working this weekend but lets get together and beat the ish out of it, this monday, hit me up nephew, and dont worry imma get ninja gaiden, it better be good!! and try to pick up or check out civilization rev.. dude download the demo is cartoony but good concept...

Variation-XBA
06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree with pretty much everything you say Ninja.

For someone like me that wasn't great at teh first one, I enjoy having more save points and that it refreshes your health (Yes I'm playing on acolyte setting).

Bosses are still hard as hell, and even when you figure out the 'trick', it's still a challenge.

The fact that limbs you hack off stay on the ground is awesome and the amount of blood will quench anyones thirst for brutality

Unreal
06-18-2008, 11:37 AM
The biggest gripe I have with the game is the camera and when you get to boss' is when you really notice that it's an issue. Other then that, it really makes you feel like a badass. I am going through a second time now with the dual swords. Which I am loving btw. Once I beat the game with each weapon. I will move up the difficulty to the weapon(s) of choice then.