PDA

View Full Version : 60gb HD? $30 Price Cut at E3?

wicked_d365
06-14-2008, 07:57 AM
I found this on G4 this morning, could it be? We'll just have to wait and see

With E3 fast approaching, predictions are in on what to expect from Microsoft this year.
A couple of unveilings, a price cut on Xbox 360 hardware, and a 60GB hard drive all have a high chance of being shown, according to Jacob Metcalf of 8bitjoystick.

The “Lips” microphone communicator accessory will likely be unveiled, along with Xbox 360’s “Newton” motion-sensitive controller to “show it off and build a buzz.”

A $30 price cut on Xbox hardware and a 60GB hard drive replacing 20GB in the Xbox 360 Pro pack is also predicted.

“They have a newer cheaper motherboard hitting the market in September and Shane Kim said that Nintendo might not always have a price advantage over the Xbox 360,” Metcalf wrote. “That means that we might see a price cut in the US that is at least 30 buck off the 30 line to push the Xbox 360 Arcade SKU to the Wii’s price point.”

“Also they are probably going to drop the price of the 120-Gig Hard Drive. They have been working on a 60-Gig HD for a while now and it even was accidentally showed off in Tokyo a long time ago.”

As for the games appearing at this year’s E3, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Halo Wars, Too Human, and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise have been confirmed. Microsoft said it still has “quite a few aces left up our sleeve,” but an Alan Wake appearance is still up in the air.

“I sort of doubt that this game will ever hit the shelves,” he said.

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/news/002594_60GB_Xbox_360_30_price_cut_at_E3.htm

I think it's plausable at this point for the 60gb and price drop. Good news for people looking for a new, or their first 360.

Ninja Scroll
06-14-2008, 10:37 AM
XBL Marketplace has too much content for MS to compromise a smaller HDD. They just need to drop the price of all there SKU's, discontinue the 360 Arcade Bundle, and face reality that in the economy people are more tight with there money. Gas is a muva, as well as food increases. It's the cost of living.
MS has milked out sales at this current price point, and with PS3 outselling them for the month of May, and will get smashed in June as well with the true system killer app sale of MGS4 this month it's not going to get any easier.
GTA4 was a multi system release. MGS4 being exclusive to PS3 will push units.
Won't push me though, i'll wait for the eventual 10-disc 360 version in about a year! :D

wicked_d365
06-14-2008, 01:54 PM
XBL Marketplace has too much content for MS to compromise a smaller HDD.

Are you high, that's the whole point here, MS doing away with the 20gb.

Variation-XBA
06-18-2008, 12:17 AM
MGS4 being exclusive to PS3 will push units. Won't push me though, i'll wait for the eventual 10-disc 360 version in about a year! :D

Keep in mind MGS is a stealth action game. This a niche genre and yes hardcores, fans and alike will be getting it, the average gamer picking up a system probly won't have much interest, especially if they've not played the previous ones.

Haha, 10 disc version. It's pretty rediculous how much installing they have you do on the game, so it'll be interesting to see how they overcome that if it does come, though I'm still betting on it not happening.

Ninja Scroll
06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Keep in mind MGS is a stealth action game. This a niche genre and yes hardcores, fans and alike will be getting it, the average gamer picking up a system probly won't have much interest, especially if they've not played the previous ones.

Haha, 10 disc version. It's pretty rediculous how much installing they have you do on the game, so it'll be interesting to see how they overcome that if it does come, though I'm still betting on it not happening.

It's going to happen eventually because Konami needs to offset the millions it cost to develope & market this game. PS3 alone cant do it.
If they wait too long they may end up looking like fools like Midway/Epic did with Unreal III, which is not on any 360 FPS fans radar right now and it's due sometime next month if im not mistaking.

360 will maximize the dollars Konami needs to make a nice profit off MGS4.
I wonder if it will sell a mill for the month of June? hmmm ... I doubt it since GTA4 on PS3 didnt,.. or if it did, barely. Cant remember. All I remember was the Xbox360 version of GTA4 was the #1 selling game for 2 months in a row according to NPD Group Sales Software Figures. :cool: