PDA

View Full Version : XBOX will blow the doors off of E3

Highlite23
03-07-2002, 03:33 PM
http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpEVklAlVpyEYPawwm

While the competition has laid all its cards on the table, Microsoft is borrowing an old Nintendo trick and keeping utterly silent about its major 2002 titles until E3. In the meantime though, Microsoft has certainly not shut up third-parties from blabbing proudly about their XBOX games. The past two weeks we’ve heard everything from Rainbow Six III to Aliens vs. Predator, and Star Wars: KOTOR to Virtua Fighter 4. So with all these major titles being tossed around the Hedgehog saw the opportunity to see far into the future and get some extra info. on some major titles XBOX will be toting later in the year

gula
03-07-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpEVklAlVpyEYPawwm

While the competition has laid all its cards on the table, Microsoft is borrowing an old Nintendo trick and keeping utterly silent about its major 2002 titles until E3. In the meantime though, Microsoft has certainly not shut up third-parties from blabbing proudly about their XBOX games. The past two weeks we’ve heard everything from Rainbow Six III to Aliens vs. Predator, and Star Wars: KOTOR to Virtua Fighter 4. So with all these major titles being tossed around the Hedgehog saw the opportunity to see far into the future and get some extra info. on some major titles XBOX will be toting later in the year

Yep, thats why they cancelled the one expo to show off all the great games all at once for XBox. And there is also a rumor of 15 BIG XBox games being revealed at E3. That is some great news there. :D

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 04:40 PM
I can't wait to get my beer frosted hands on some of these new games for XBox!! :p

Snoopy7548
03-07-2002, 05:10 PM
it would be so awesome if they showed halo 2 and gta3, oh man, i would **** my pants in excitement, haha:D

SmileBit
03-07-2002, 08:12 PM
Im sorry but this is just sad. MS will probably have a decent E3 but EVERYONE knows Nintendos going to steal the show no matter what. Lets see here...

Mario playable
Zelda playable
Metroid Prime playable.
Rare's games

Thats enough to kill anyone at E3. PS: Nintendo and Sony definitly havent shown everything. Microsoft is stupid to think such a thing. But then again going aggresivly for the Japanese market and not so much the European market may have been just as dumb.

thunderkiss2k1
03-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
it would be so awesome if they showed halo 2 and gta3, oh man, i would **** my pants in excitement, haha:D

Dude, you're still wetting your pants?? Dude , you gotta check out this thing they call Depends. Trust me. :)

thunderkiss2k1
03-07-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Im sorry but this is just sad. MS will probably have a decent E3 but EVERYONE knows Nintendos going to steal the show no matter what. Lets see here...

Mario playable
Zelda playable
Metroid Prime playable.
Rare's games

Thats enough to kill anyone at E3. PS: Nintendo and Sony definitly havent shown everything. Microsoft is stupid to think such a thing. But then again going aggresivly for the Japanese market and not so much the European market may have been just as dumb.

I thought we ran you off? Oh well, anyway, if you really think that anything Kidtendo is gonna show at E3 is gonna steal the show, you're even more stupid than I thought you were. FANBOY.

SmileBit
03-07-2002, 08:57 PM
Keep dreaming. Mario and Zelda are the most loved franchises on earth. Showing playable versions of each make Sony and MS two very unhappy E3 competitors.

thunderkiss2k1
03-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Loved by thirteen year olds maybe. Unfortunately for Kidtendo, its the ADULTS , young and old, that buy the games not kids. And no, I'm not dissing teenagers either. I'm only making the point that today's gamer is older, and outgrew mario long ago. Well, except for you, Smilebit. And by the way: you are still a FANBOY.

SmileBit
03-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
Loved by thirteen year olds maybe. Unfortunately for Kidtendo, its the ADULTS , young and old, that buy the games not kids. And no, I'm not dissing teenagers either. I'm only making the point that today's gamer is older, and outgrew mario long ago. Well, except for you, Smilebit. And by the way: you are still a FANBOY.

No ofence but your one blind moron. Please tell me the last time Mario or Zelda did not gain insain amounts of prais at an E3 event? Please tell me the last time Mario or Zelda did not reach the number 1 selling game for at least a month. Please tell me when Microsft will have a game as big as Mario or Zelda. Your going to have to trt alot harder than Halo.

Razor70
03-07-2002, 09:56 PM
I am sorry to say..but have you seen screenshots of both Mario and Zelda? Zelda looks like some cartoon gone mad on speed and Mario looks to be nothing but a remake of Mario 64. In my opinion both of those are getting old too. Nintendo needs to up the ante and bring out some new games instead of rehasing old ones again and again.

That's what I love about the Xbox...they may get alot of ports but they always upgrade them and put new items on the Xbox one from the Ps2/Pc ones. So, even if you have played the originals on other systems you always have at least something new to try out the Xbox version with.

Nintendo and Sony will probably be at Microsofts booth with there mouths agape the whole time at E3.

SmileBit
03-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Razor70
I am sorry to say..but have you seen screenshots of both Mario and Zelda? Zelda looks like some cartoon gone mad on speed and Mario looks to be nothing but a remake of Mario 64. In my opinion both of those are getting old too. Nintendo needs to up the ante and bring out some new games instead of rehasing old ones again and again.

That's what I love about the Xbox...they may get alot of ports but they always upgrade them and put new items on the Xbox one from the Ps2/Pc ones. So, even if you have played the originals on other systems you always have at least something new to try out the Xbox version with.

Nintendo and Sony will probably be at Microsofts booth with there mouths agape the whole time at E3.

Let me get this straight. You hate the fact that Nintendo just makes sequals to their killer franchises but you love the fact that when you get a port its got a few new featurs? Your pathetic. Mario and Zelda may not appeal to you but its a given these games will garner rediculisly high praise and sales. They sell systems.

Good luck in Europe.

TRUE_GAMER
03-08-2002, 12:17 AM
I think Metroid will be more talked about then Zelda and Mario. Metroid is way overdue and in the mean time Zelda and Mario have been played out. Don't come at me thinking I am a fanboy, thats just my opion. But to say that MS is stupid is well kind of stupid. What you think MS don't got some stuff hidden. I mean they don't have all that money for no reason. It will be an interesting E3. I say MS will be the show stealer.

J Dub
03-08-2002, 12:30 AM
It would be great to see an early first preview of Halo 2. I think that Halo 2 will be the most difficult game to buy once it hits shelves sometime in the future.

TRUE_GAMER
03-08-2002, 12:49 AM
From what I've read there will be no HALO 2. I think I read it in one of the OXMs not sure but i know I read it somewhere.

Dre
03-08-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
I can't wait to get my beer frosted hands on some of these new games for XBox!! :p

I am really drunk right wnow... i w2ant t o taost you maximsu..

yo tthe xdbos!!

thunderkiss2k1
03-08-2002, 02:57 AM

Let me get this straight. You hate the fact that Nintendo just makes sequals to their killer franchises but you love the fact that when you get a port its got a few new featurs? Your pathetic. Mario and Zelda may not appeal to you but its a given these games will garner rediculisly high praise and sales. They sell systems.

Good luck in Europe.

Umm, newsflash: EVERYBODY except you thought the new look of zelda sucked. And as I said before: Mario is OLD and dated. Nobody except a ten year old who has never played Mario would be interested in playing it. Get it through your thick head: the days of Nintendo's innovation in video games are over. Everything they've made since Nintendo 64 has been a "rehash".

Snoopy7548
03-08-2002, 01:35 PM
the only way the gamecube will be good at e3, is if they have like 100 little kids running around, cause most people that go to e3 are ADULTS! and they want to play games made for adults. you wouldnt see too many 30 year old guys playing celda, or mario sunshine

Dre
03-08-2002, 02:37 PM
Zelda maybe.. those games were still pretty cool...

Zelda and Metroid... but I ain't gonna buy a system for 2 games...

darianX
03-08-2002, 03:04 PM
Is there a kill filter kinda thing on here that allows you to block messages from people? D@mn it, I'm sick and tired of Nintendo folks invading this lovely board. I don't come here to discuss Mario Sunshine and Zelda, I come here to discuss Xbox games.

That said, I have to say this....I was looking at GI magazine last night going through the upcoming releases stuff. It was laid out in a table format so it was easy for your eye to scan through and pick out Xbox, PS2 or whatever. In 2 pages I saw about 5-10 Gamecube titles, 3 million PS2 titles (LOL), and quite an impressive number of Xbox titles. Now, games make the system right? So where are all these games for the GC? Hell, they don't even parade many on the back of the GC box! Somethings up there.

And more ranting about games...wait till Capcom sees how "well" Resident Evil sells before they port to other consoles. It won't take long. In my opinion, 3rd party developers aren't really supporting that little cube at all. 1st party games won't be enough to carry it. end of rant.

DIGITAL
03-08-2002, 03:10 PM
i know xbox is gonna rule E3,trust me when i say ,that theres gonna be a few games that change the way video games are played,as for nintendo i just played a gamecube for the first time,an i really disliked it,wtf is wrong with those controllers they feel as if there made for elfs ,i was thinking of getting one for wrestlmania the game but i cant play with those kidde controls,an they ruined Zelda as for mario he was fun like 10 years ago ,smilebit needs to grow up an get with the future

Dre
03-08-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by darianX
Is there a kill filter kinda thing on here that allows you to block messages from people? D@mn it, I'm sick and tired of Nintendo folks invading this lovely board. I don't come here to discuss Mario Sunshine and Zelda, I come here to discuss Xbox games.

Wow man... take a pill or something. Its the natural progression of the thread. And if you come here to solely discuss Xbox games why's your post all about the GC? lol.. I just find those kinda things funny.. sorry

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 03:19 PM

Good luck in Europe.

**Maximus proceeds to clear his throat**

Ummmm...o...k...

How does 80 sequels to Halo sound? For instance:

Halo Brothers
Super Halo Brothers
Super Halo Melee
Halo Golf
Halo Tennis
Paper Halo
Super Halo 64
Halokong

Does milking a character for all it's worth really all that worth it? ;)

Dre
03-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Don't forget Halo Party...

play as master chief or the covenant in these action packed mini-games...

JJaX
03-08-2002, 03:26 PM
Halo gold would be cool.

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Hey, JJax...did you change your Gamespy ID to [XBA]-JJax like you said you did in the "Unofficial Gamespy List" thread? If so, I just thought I'd let you know since your siggy says that your Gamespy username is JJax :)

thunderkiss2k1
03-08-2002, 04:00 PM

No ofence but your one blind moron. Please tell me the last time Mario or Zelda did not gain insain amounts of prais at an E3 event? Please tell me the last time Mario or Zelda did not reach the number 1 selling game for at least a month. Please tell me when Microsft will have a game as big as Mario or Zelda. Your going to have to trt alot harder than Halo.

Try the last E3 when the cel-shaded version of Zelda was shown. Most people from what i read were in shock at how the developer had ruined the character. FANBOY.

Snoopy7548
03-08-2002, 04:13 PM
i was in shock with what they did to the game. i couldnt believe they gave up the really awesome look for a cartoony, flat look. i couldnt believe that they would do such a thing, when they were first showing demos of gc games, and i saw the zelda game, i was so impressed. the graphics were like as good as doa3, but now they had to ruin it with what looks like a 10 year olds drawing skills. it really ruined the series, its a disgrace. i know ive said that graphics arent anything, but this game is an exception. even from the looks of it, the gameplay looks as crappy as the graphics. the game should be showing off the gc's power (which most xbox and ps2 games do right now), but instead, it looks like a snes or n64 game.:eek:

Dre
03-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Call me a Fanboy or whatever the he1l you want.. but these pictures speak for themselves. The graphics ain't that bad and Miyamoto is a game god. I always have enjoyed his games. I bet Zelda will still be a best-seller and one heck of a cool game.

I wish that peeps would stop criticizing games and stuff because of the system its on. The console only plays the game, quit calling ppl fanboys for enjoying a game on god forbid a console that ain't xbox. Its getting old and lame.

I bought an xbox cuz I knew it would rule over all the other consoles.. doesn't mean that good games don't come out on the other systems.

http://www.allrpg.com/games/zeldagamecube/index.php3?
page=images

Snoopy7548
03-08-2002, 05:40 PM
dude, u must be confused, the first pictures where it shows link fighting gannondorf or whatever his name is, are from the early demos (which is what i was talking about when i said i was impressed). but the other ones are the cartoony piece of sh*t ones that are gonna be in the game.

Dre
03-08-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
dude, u must be confused, the first pictures where it shows link fighting gannondorf or whatever his name is, are from the early demos (which is what i was talking about when i said i was impressed). but the other ones are the cartoony piece of sh*t ones that are gonna be in the game.

Yup I am confused then... I thought it was a mix of both.. my bad. I still believe the game's got potential... apart from the fact that Link looks like a powerpuff girl... it could still be neat.

:)

wweomaniac
03-09-2002, 10:04 AM
Yeah... E3 is in May right??? So I guess I better buy the MAy issue of OXM!!! I remember how excited I was when I had an N64 and E3 came around. Boy, itll be twice as exciting when XBOX does it.