PDA

View Full Version : Super Street Fighter II HD REMIX BETA

Ninja Scroll
07-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Only reason I downloaded that lame ass Commando3 crap was to check out the eventual beta release of SUPER Street Fighter 2 Hyper Lighting Combo Hi Def Remix Championship Special Edition Puzzle Fighters Collectors Edition .... weeeewww ... that was a mouth full ... I need to take a breather .... :sleeping: ... okay, the beta just came out. Anyone else play it yet?

I thought the new art sprite drawings were pretty cool and smooth. Game got really boring quick since you only can used Ryu & Ken... I mean, they damn near da same fool with minor differences. Ryu is stronger, while Ken is a little quicker.
Cant wait for the full version, because all of 15min was enough for me.:hump:

RYYYUUUUUUKEEEEN!!!:hardcore:

JC Elite
07-04-2008, 02:58 AM
After making the horrid mistake of downloading SF2 from XBLA (the first one, whatever the hell they called it), I won't go near this game with a ten foot pole.

I will say, most of my frustration came from the god-awful 360 controller's D-pad. But the game hasn't aged very well since I used to play it in the arcades.

Ninja Scroll
07-04-2008, 12:11 PM
After making the horrid mistake of downloading SF2 from XBLA (the first one, whatever the hell they called it), I won't go near this game with a ten foot pole.

I will say, most of my frustration came from the god-awful 360 controller's D-pad. But the game hasn't aged very well since I used to play it in the arcades.

No controller ever did any 2D Fighting game any justice IMO except for the 1st 6-button Controller from Sega for the Genesis when SFII:SCE came out.
That D-Pad was the shiit!
Your going to just have to adjust to them and keep it moving homie.
I got all 200points in SFII Hyper Fighter and thought the offline play was cool. The online suffered terrible lag, connectivity, and horrible presentation.
I seriously know they learned there mistakes, and that is why the new HD Remix version has been delayed about a dozen times.
I mean, Capcom has never released a beta for any game before. SF is there pride and joy and know SF4 is coming soon, they dont want no bad press for anything Street Fighter right now.
HD Remix will deliver for sure. You should drop 10 beans on Commando3 just to check out the BETA if your a hardcore SF fan.:cheers:

JC Elite
07-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I really wasn't a hardcore SF fan, actually. I was an insane MK fan. I was VERY good at MK1 & 2 at the arcades. I could play for hours on the same fifty cents, as I would just keep beating everyone as they came up to the machine. Lol.

I wasn't all that great at SFII, however. I mean I could play it fine and do ok, but I just didn't get into as much as MK. It was a really good game, though. So when I heard they were releasing an XBLA version, I was excited. Then I played it. lol.

And to be fair, I had the same problem with Mortal Kombat 3 on XBLA too. The d-pad is just terrible and made it impossible to pull of moves with precision enough to make me happy. I mean I was used to smacking someone up in the air with Scorpion, spearing them, then doing the screen punch thing, spearing them, and so forth. Or some crazy combo thing with Sub-Zero's freeze move. But that all takes perfect timing and when the moves won't work half the time, it kills the game for me.

SFII was the same way. When I was trying to back up, I would jump backwards. When I wanted to block I wouldn't. Trying to pull off moves was near impossible. And what the hell is with that god-awful elephant noice in that one level (can't remember the character's name)?!! I don't remember it being that bad in the arcade version. lol. In other words, I don't think the game has aged well.

Ninja Scroll
07-05-2008, 08:35 PM
SFII was the same way. When I was trying to back up, I would jump backwards. When I wanted to block I wouldn't. Trying to pull off moves was near impossible. And what the hell is with that god-awful elephant noice in that one level (can't remember the character's name)?!! I don't remember it being that bad in the arcade version. lol. In other words, I don't think the game has aged well.

LOL, the Elephant's noise was for Dhalsim's level. The skinny long armed dude! :D
The think SFII aged well, it was just a poor conversion of the original on XBLA.
Wait till you see the HD Remix!:cool:

JC Elite
07-05-2008, 11:06 PM
I agree that SF II was a terrible port to XBLA, but Capcom hasn't really been inspiring trust in me lately. I have loved them in the past, but their run on the 360 has been spotty, in my opinion. I already mentioned SF II. But I think Dead Rising is the most overrated game on the console. I have played some frustrating games before, but I have never have actually contemplated tossing the disc off my balcony.

I just beat Devil May Cry for the 2nd time, so that is a good game.....but I was expecting better from Capcom. I mean how many times can they make you fight the same bosses and go through the same levels? The only reason I went back for seconds was the lower difficulty was too easy so I feel like I might have cheated myself. But the 2nd time wasn't much better.

And Lost Planet was a major letdown. The game looked incredible, but it had some gameplay flaws and the story was absolutely terrible.

My point of all of that is that I am starting to not like Capcom as much as I used to. It used to be (like Sega) that if a game had 'Capcom' on the box, you knew it was gonna be excellent, for the most part. I need Resident Evil 5 to come out! Lol.

y2kash_14
07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
My point of all of that is that I am starting to not like Capcom as much as I used to. It used to be (like Sega) that if a game had 'Capcom' on the box, you knew it was gonna be excellent, for the most part. I need Resident Evil 5 to come out! Lol.

So true...but at least it isn't a disaster of RARE proportions. :bang:

JC Elite
07-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Wow, I agree....big time. Is there a more over-rated gaming development company out there today then Rare? I was, like everyone else, a huge fan of them in the N64 days. Primarily because of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. But since they have come to Microsoft, it has been ok, AT BEST.

Kameo was good, but not great. It felt like a wanna-be Zelda. Perfect Dark Zero was REALLY fun online and I wasn't expecting that to be the selling point of the game to me. The single-player was god-awful and I am STILL wondering why they turned Joanna Dark into some Brittany Spears looking wanna-be, even though I know the game was a prequal.

I had never played Jetpack Refuelled before, so I gave it a shot when it came on XBLA. Oops. Not that it was a BAD game (there are enough of those on XBLA to use as a reference point), it just wasn't that good even though it got good reviews and some people call it a 'cult classic'.

I did love Viva Pinata, however. Go figure, the most under-hyped game of the bunch is one I actually liked the most. I am actually awaiting a sequal eagerly.

I know some people are excited for the new Banjo-Kazooie game, but I have no idea why. I thought that was their most overrated game all those years back when they did make really good games. Here's a tip of how it's going to be.......bright colors, cute looking graphics, generally decent platforming gameplay, and you'll have to collect like a billion different things along the way. lol.

Wake me up when they make a Goldeneye 2. Oh wait, that can't happen. lol. I guess I will settle for Viva Pinata 2. :)

Ninja Scroll
07-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Does this mean you are wetting yourself for Banjo on 360 this fall too? :rolleyes:

And you talk about me and BEE Movie. :p

RARE has been terrible with every release from the original Xbox to the Xbox360. Kameo was average at best. PDZ was a complete disaster. I don't even need to speak on their first game with MS. that lame ghost and gobblins mess.

Variation-XBA
07-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Does this mean you are wetting yourself for Banjo on 360 this fall too? :rolleyes:

Hell yea!!! Loved the other ones!

Symmetric-XBA
07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
all of you do realize that it isn't just capcom who did this sf2 hd remix. capcom supplied the code to use for the title, however, the rest of the development came from Udon Entertainment, who were the people who did the us sf comics. Both parties are responsible, and i've heard people complaining about only using ryu and ken in the beta, well..... its a beta. You can't hold capcom w/ the sole responsiblity of this title. Yes I agree the 360 D-pad is the start of the apocolypse, however, there's a site that I recommend you go to if you are a fighting game junkie like me.
Fully customizable arcade stick for the 360!!! (http://www.arcadeinabox.com/Scripts/default.asp) I picked up 2 of these custom ones. Fully decked out you'll prob. be spending around $150 for 1 arcade stick, but its sooooooo worth it. I've heard people saying that they can't do dragon punches b/c they can't hit the diagonal just right so the d-pad will recognize it, however, with this arcade stick i opted for a octagon shaped grid for my stick and its been a blessing ever since. Works wonders on DOA, MK, SF, any and all fighting games.

JC Elite
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM

And you talk about me and BEE Movie. :p

RARE has been terrible with every release from the original Xbox to the Xbox360. Kameo was average at best. PDZ was a complete disaster. I don't even need to speak on their first game with MS. that lame ghost and gobblins mess.

Did you NOT read my post? I just ripped Rare, like you did (and you just basically repeated the same thing I just said) so obviously I am not excited to go get Banjo-Kazooie. In fact, I would be more excited to purchase that Bee Movie game you just smoked away $14 for. lol.

Ninja Scroll
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Did you NOT read my post? I just ripped Rare, like you did (and you just basically repeated the same thing I just said) so obviously I am not excited to go get Banjo-Kazooie. In fact, I would be more excited to purchase that Bee Movie game you just smoked away $14 for. lol.

BEE MOVIE PWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST MOVIE TO VIDEOGAME OF ALL F'N TIMES!

A MUST BUY! YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS GAME TO BEE'LIEVE IT! PERFECT 10!

HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE XBOX360 GAME TO DATE!

LMAO, just kiddin! :p Game is aight. I'm a animated movie buff dude! Got Cars & Ratatiolli on Blu Ray as well as dozens of Disney/Pixar, Dreamworks, Anime movies on DVD. I love playing the games once they hit rock bottom in pricing. Some of dem are actually fun to play when you know you paid pennies for dem. However most are garbage, but wat can you do? :cool: My female friend loves playing these shiits!

JC Elite
07-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Yea you are right. Some of them turn out to be ok sometimes. Better than playing a Superman game or something. lol.

And I agree that Pixar movies rule. In fact, I can't think of even ONE bad one.

Ninja Scroll
07-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Yea you are right. Some of them turn out to be ok sometimes. Better than playing a Superman game or something. lol.

And I agree that Pixar movies rule. In fact, I can't think of even ONE bad one.

Yes, every Pixar movie has been memorable. I cannot complain about one of them, and that is rare in movie cinema these days, or ever for a matter of fact.
I thought Cars on 360 was alot of fun. BEE Movie not so fun. I'm actually done with that game. 30gamerpoints is all the fun I could get out of that game.
I really want Kung Fu Panda, but that game recently came out, and I will wait till it hits atleast $19.99, i'll give it 6months.:cheers: The Movie was great!