PDA

View Full Version : Bigger than a "Heads Up"

SpaceGhost2K
07-06-2008, 07:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Framed-XBox-Face-Plate_W0QQitemZ230267852982QQihZ013QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/fb/6d/c34b_1.JPG

Canadian Launch Plate, just like the ones we're giving away (three of them, anyway) except this one is framed. The Xbox.ca offices have #1 of 158 displayed on their wall. The three plates we are giving away are not framed.

I am VERY interested in seeing if this goes for the thousand dollars I think it will.

gameking28
07-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Probably will. Great find Spacey!

JakofallAces
07-06-2008, 07:43 PM
it will go to 1k just because of this thread most likely, also you have now, by making this thread, limited the auction to about 4 people on this site 159, gameking,molntenluv, and Tacohead whom are the most lose with their money on this site to date.

SpaceGhost2K
07-06-2008, 07:54 PM
it will go to 1k just because of this thread most likely, also you have now, by making this thread, limited the auction to about 4 people on this site 159, gameking,molntenluv, and Tacohead whom are the most lose with their money on this site to date.

I think moltenluv is out, but I bet ghostrider would be interested.

JakofallAces
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM

yup my bad just pull a switcheroo btw u like my sig

gameking28
07-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey I've been MIA from here for like 2 weeks working like a dog to pay for my faceplate addiction... I swear this is more expensive than crack and twice as addictive! :rofl:
lol I guess I'm glad I'm on the short-list of people that Jak thinks could afford a 1k per pop hobby. :p

SpaceGhost2K
07-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey I've been MIA from here for like 2 weeks working like a dog to pay for my faceplate addiction... I swear this is more expensive than crack and twice as addictive! :rofl:
lol I guess I'm glad I'm on the short-list of people that Jak thinks could afford a 1k per pop hobby. :p

GK, wanted to let you know that I forgot to put the glider in with your faceplate. I should have more plates to send you before CC so I'll put it in with those. I need to make one more sticker before I can do the VGL plates.

moltenluv
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Yeah I am out. I couldn't even tell you the last time I even bought a faceplate. Atleast a month maybe even two :confused:

Symmetric-XBA
07-10-2008, 10:53 AM
I f'in had this plate too!!!!! Damit, was tryin soooooooo hard to get this, and w/ less than 1 sec. to go I get this "you're the highest bidder", then i go to my ebay then bam, I find that I lost the auction?!?!?!? I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F****** PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :bang: :cuss: :cuss:

JakofallAces
07-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I f'in had this plate too!!!!! Damit, was tryin soooooooo hard to get this, and w/ less than 1 sec. to go I get this "you're the highest bidder", then i go to my ebay then bam, I find that I lost the auction?!?!?!? I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F****** PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haahhahaha lost out to ebay snipers i think someone made a program so that it counts a 1 second left bid so sorry but....:whistle::rofl:

Symmetric-XBA
07-10-2008, 11:31 AM
it must be faster than a sec. b/c the item ended at
Jul-10-08 08:45:48 PDT,
and the bid was placed
Jul-10-08 08:45:48 PDT.
I'M SOOOOOOOOOO PISSSSSSSSEEEEEDDDD OOOFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!! BULL S*** PROGRAMS!!! TO HELL W/ IT TIME TO DL A PROGRAM MYSELF!! THERE WASN'T EVEN ANY TIMER ON THE F***** AUCTION LEFT AND THIS B.S. HAPPENES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad::mad::cuss::cuss::bang:

JakofallAces
07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
RANT/it must be faster than a sec. b/c the item ended at
Jul-10-08 08:45:48 PDT,
and the bid was placed
Jul-10-08 08:45:48 PDT.
I'M SOOOOOOOOOO PISSSSSSSSEEEEEDDDD OOOFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!! BULL S*** PROGRAMS!!! TO HELL W/ IT TIME TO DL A PROGRAM MYSELF!! THERE WASN'T EVEN ANY TIMER ON THE F***** AUCTION LEFT AND THIS B.S. HAPPENES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad::mad::cuss::cuss::bang:/RANT

just kidding but ya that sucks oh well see if you can work out a deal with the winner maybe they might sell it to you

Symmetric-XBA
07-10-2008, 11:44 AM
To Hell W/ That I'm Flyin To Germany To Pick A Fight Usa Style!!! You Have No Idea How F****** Pissed Off I Am About This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Slaved Away Savin Money For This And Some F***stick Who Dl's A Program Gets This??? The Winning Bidder Never Even Put In 1 Bid On The Item!!!!!!!!!! Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

KatamariKutie
07-10-2008, 01:28 PM
To Hell W/ That I'm Flyin To Germany To Pick A Fight Usa Style!!! You Have No Idea How F****** Pissed Off I Am About This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Slaved Away Savin Money For This And Some F***stick Who Dl's A Program Gets This??? The Winning Bidder Never Even Put In 1 Bid On The Item!!!!!!!!!! Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hang in there!!! Kamshaft's random prize winner picker3000 might draw your name for one of the ones that is a prize for the database launch contest. Go enter if you haven't already. (and if i win one, i'll sell it to you for a reasonable price :) cause i don't collect faceplates, i'm just a groupie)

SpaceGhost2K
07-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Man, I don't know what to tell you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the drawing.

Symmetric-XBA
07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Thank you, I dam near threw my computer out the F**** window when that happened. I contacted ebay b/c the time of the bid was identical and I submitted a screen capture w/ NO TIME LEFT and it showed ME as the high bidder. Ebay told me that even though an auction closes, it still leaves time to bid. I responded back w/ why if the auction closes, can there still be bidding?!?!??!? He had no reply, and then I told him that maybe I should dl a sniping program so this doesn't happen to me anymore, and his exact words were "I'm not saying you should, but you can.." OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HAD SAVED AND SAVED AND SAVED AND MADE SURE I HAD AMPLE MONEY AVAILABLE, I MEAN HELL I JUST GOT PAID TODAY $1,865.43 AND B/C MY CHECK DIDN'T GO INTO MY ACCOUNT IN TIME ALL I HAD SAVED WAS WHAT I HAD MY BID FOR AND THEN SOME F******** FROM GERMANY WHO DIDN'T PUT IN 1 BID AT ALL, DL'S A PROGRAM AND THEN..... OHHHHHHHHHHHHH SORRY MY BLOODPRESSURE IS STARTING TO SOAR AGAIN..... OOOHHHHHHHHHH FFFFFFFFF************************************************* ********************************************************
:mad::cuss::cuss::cuss::bang:

Symmetric-XBA
07-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Man, I don't know what to tell you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the drawing.

Thanks, thats the reason why I bid on this so that way if I didn't get picked at least I still have the faceplate, and someone else would then have the chance to get it. I swear.........................................

KatamariKutie
07-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks, thats the reason why I bid on this so that way if I didn't get picked at least I still have the faceplate, and someone else would then have the chance to get it. I swear.........................................

You need a hug and a cookie. *hug* (can't help with the cookie sorry)

Symmetric-XBA
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
lol thanks, i've taken some "medicine" and now am feeling more relaxed lol. I'm goin to load in halo 3 i think and go to town imagining that STUPID F***STICK'S name over my opponents. I'm glad now I didn't vault my pc and montior through the window, my 360 is connected and would have cried to see xbox #6 fly out the window.

JakofallAces
07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
lol thanks, i've taken some "medicine" and now am feeling more relaxed lol. I'm goin to load in halo 3 i think and go to town imagining that STUPID F***STICK'S name over my opponents. I'm glad now I didn't vault my pc and montior through the window, my 360 is connected and would have cried to see xbox #6 fly out the window.

you may have cried but if you made a vid omg would it be funny

gameking28
07-11-2008, 01:46 AM
It's times like this I'm glad all of my money is going to Spacey and my new car. I snipe bid like that and the last time I did it on a high profile faceplate like this one I was on the receiving end of a rant like that.
I've been in your shoes before too so I know how you feel. At least you know there's a chance you might get one for free in the contest here - that's what I'm counting on. :cool:

tacohead
07-11-2008, 02:41 AM
Yeah, I was pretty pissed too. Went to bid at the end and got stopped with a notice that the item may not ship to US. That little click to say that I still want to bid made me miss out. I was so irritated. Oh well, someday...

SpaceGhost2K
07-11-2008, 02:56 AM
eBay should be set up so that any bid in the last thirty seconds adds thirty seconds onto the ending time. It would be in their benefit to do so since it would result in higher ending amounts. I still bet this would have gone for a thousand dollars if it hadn't gotten so crowded there at the end.

wicked_d365
07-11-2008, 02:37 PM
eBay should be set up so that any bid in the last thirty seconds adds thirty seconds onto the ending time. It would be in their benefit to do so since it would result in higher ending amounts. I still bet this would have gone for a thousand dollars if it hadn't gotten so crowded there at the end.
For real, I've been snipped so many times I don't deal with auctions anymore unless thats the only way I've found it. I prefer Buy it now.

JakofallAces
07-11-2008, 03:30 PM
It's times like this I'm glad all of my money is going to Spacey and my new car. I snipe bid like that and the last time I did it on a high profile faceplate like this one I was on the receiving end of a rant like that.
I've been in your shoes before too so I know how you feel. At least you know there's a chance you might get one for free in the contest here - that's what I'm counting on. :cool:

wasnt that with moltenluv about the xbox support plate??

Symmetric-XBA
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I was pretty pissed too. Went to bid at the end and got stopped with a notice that the item may not ship to US. That little click to say that I still want to bid made me miss out. I was so irritated. Oh well, someday...

I had worked out shipping with the seller before the ending of the auction, which made me steam even harder when some f***stick from germany turned on his b.s. sniping program and went to town.

JakofallAces
07-11-2008, 10:21 PM
I had worked out shipping with the seller before the ending of the auction, which made me steam even harder when some f***stick from germany turned on his b.s. sniping program and went to town.

wow u reallu need to stop ranting look on the bright side your around 600 bucks richer and well thats all i can think of

LeThAl REMiX
07-11-2008, 10:57 PM
wtf!?!? where can o enter a contest to win one?

JakofallAces
07-11-2008, 11:06 PM
wtf!?!? where can o enter a contest to win one?

no dont enter that will lessen my chances of winning *hint* *hint* dont you dare enter at this posted link...
DO NOT ENTER HERE (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84838)

LeThAl REMiX
07-11-2008, 11:20 PM
lol ok already entered didnt notice lol thanks anyways. I'm tired lol.

moltenluv
07-12-2008, 07:21 AM
wasnt that with moltenluv about the xbox support plate??

Nope it wasn't. I have never ranted about being sniped. However somebody did attack me about sniping a custom Oblivion faceplate. I don't remember who it was anymore cause it seems like it was forever ago :confused: