PDA

View Full Version : Advice??

LeThAl REMiX
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
So I'm gong to do my first faceplate in graffiti sort of thing. I have a GOW 2 button pin that the sold at Blockbuster for a bit in Canada. Its about the size of the power button on the plate and im looking to attach it somehow to use it as a new power button. Im wondering what I can do to a) attach it to the faceplate and b) find something to push the little power button inside. Any suggestions?? If pics are needed just ask.:cheers:

SpaceGhost2K
07-09-2008, 01:31 AM
A hundred years ago, I used to work at Radio Shack. I would try to buy all the crap that went on clearance when it got really cheap. I bought a couple of these little shelving things with the tiny plastic boxes in them and I just put it all in there. Over the years, I'm amazed at what little pieces of junk could come in handy.

When I have something that I want to use over the power button, I use these small radio knobs. They're smaller in diameter than the ring of light, and they stick out just past the level of the plate. I can glue something to it and it will still have room to press it in and activate the button. I use Goop because it's really strong and dries clear. I glue the knob to the button first, and then to the back of the... whatever it is, so I can get it centered.

Once I ran out of knobs, I bought a short piece of PVC pipe from Lowe's, and just cut pieces of it about a half inch long. I have to primer and paint them though, where the knobs were already either silver or black.

LeThAl REMiX
07-09-2008, 02:17 AM
That's going to help, but how to get the button to stay on the plate rather than having to insert it everytime i turn it on like a key... I'll prob lose it so ye lol. And I have an old radio antenna around here somewhere hehe. where ar my wire cutters?? :P

wicked_d365
07-09-2008, 07:31 AM
That's going to help, but how to get the button to stay on the plate rather than having to insert it everytime i turn it on like a key... I'll prob lose it so ye lol. And I have an old radio antenna around here somewhere hehe. where ar my wire cutters?? :P

Hot glue.

LeThAl REMiX
07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
lol that wont stretch that little bit to go in and push the button.

wicked_d365
07-09-2008, 04:33 PM
no, glue the pin over the power button