PDA

View Full Version : Rally Sport Challenge

xbox maniac 409
03-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Has any bought Rally Sport Challenge, because I thinkin about buyin it but I also want Winter X Snocross 2002 which comes out March 26. Should i get Rally Sport Challenge or wait A few days. :cool:

doctorrevill
03-07-2002, 10:55 PM
You should buy RALLISPORTChallenge. You will kick yourself if you don't.

AlBoogy
03-08-2002, 11:12 AM
You have it doctor? Give us your impressions.

linkycat
03-08-2002, 11:36 AM
I've got the game... Picked it up at Target yesterday.

It's Really pretty sweet. Lots of cool cars to chooose, beautiful graphics. IT"S A MUST HAVE

I will say, It gets annoying when you go off the track and it automatcially bumps you back on.

It's like, you can be 30 feet off the road, and heading back, but if the game wants, it'll just pick you up. You lose all speed.

Anyway, that's my only beef. It really is very very very sweet.

Woocifer
03-08-2002, 12:35 PM
I agree this game is one of the best to come out hands down. It actually impressed me, and it's been a while since I've been impressed with the games that have been released for the Xbox.

The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is really fun and challenging. You can use your own music which absolutely sells any racing game!!!

It does suck that you can't go whereever you want or go off the track too far...but the idea is, if you were in a real Rally race and you flipped or went of the track that far...you would NEVER EVER in a million years win.

So I think its okay in the fact that it is realistic to the point where if you crash, you're basically looking at a close 3rd and MAYBE if you're super rallikid a 2nd place.

This game rocks though. Buy it...and buy it now!

doctorrevill
03-10-2002, 11:13 PM
Well I have to agree with what everyone is saying, this is a great game. I've not had this much fun with a console game in a long time. Really since the original Sega Rally, that 3 track wonder! (Four if you beat the game, whoopie!)

I guess what separates this game from so many others is the graphics. For the first couple days playing the game I found that I was losing time on some tracks because I was gawking, I'd just revell in the beauty of landscapes and the effects. Once I had finally beaten the first set of challenges I was treated to the other great thing about this game, the different types of racing. The first hill climb is just unreal. There is a section when you get to the top, if you stop your car looking over the edge of the ridge line you've been climbing you can see the twisty track you've just covered below you. That was a real treat. Most games the track comes outta nowhere and disappears just as fast, not with Rallisport. This gives one hell of a sensation of being in the environment, not just sitting and watching it go by. Along with hill climb in the second section you also get new cars, and you get to Rallycross. So far the Rallycross sections have been easy to me, and as long as you keep your car on the track, so are the hill climb challenges. But I have been playing Rally games for so long I think I have a good feel for in-game rally driving.

That of course leads to another positive comment about this title. Talent and experience mean something in this game. I have heard many people complain about the difficulty level, its too hard they say. While I can see that in certain aspects of the game, such as ice racing, and if you don't experiment with the car set-ups its true, but for those of us familiar with this sort of gameplay, this game fits like your favorite pair of shoes. You know exactly what to do to fix a certain handling problem, or guessing on the car setup if it is a short track, or if you see long straightaways what alteration will bring you discernable benefits during the race. Frankly if you don't know much about tuning a car for different scenarios this game will make you learn. That's not to say that you can't win if you don't tinker, but the feeling of having an advantage over the computer cars on certain tracks becomes a huge part of the fun in my opinion.

The screen shots of this game are what convinced me to buy an Xbox two months ago. And today I sit and can happily atest that I made great decision and I know that the future of gaming is here, and its embodied by Rallisport Challenge. Oh yeah, I finally scored enough points to unlock the Classic cars and Challenges today, I can't wait for morning to arrive!

C++
03-12-2002, 10:36 AM
This game is bad dude. The Graphics are surreal It is made
for the Xbox. PS2 Sucks

Niner Six
03-13-2002, 02:01 PM
Just bought it today, briefly played it....looks absolutely beautiful and handles great...will play more after the kids go to bed and will let you know just how good it is.

Niner Six
03-15-2002, 07:33 PM
OKAY,
i've had loads of time to play and the game is awesome!!!...please read my review...Also a lot of people are griping about the game re-starting you on the track after straying...i'd like to add that the reason that the game throws you back onto the track if you stray too far off the beaten path is to curtail cheating by cutting through portions of the track...yes it starts you at a dead stop but it's a penalty for straying too far.

Halo of Flies
03-18-2002, 07:19 PM
This is without doubt the best looking racing game I've ever seen - the trees, the grass, the reflections on the car, the replays.. (I could go on)
The only thing is it's a bit too 'arcadey' in the same way as V-Rally was. I really enjoy playing it but bring on Colin MaCrae!!

Kortiz
03-19-2002, 11:49 PM
picture this....Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" while racing on rallisport Challenge.....IT'S FRIGGEN KILLER MAN!!!

picture this....Eminem's song about killing his wife wile racing on Rallisport Challenge...it's disturbing, BUT ITS FRIGGEN KILLER MAN!!!

the graphics....oh the graphics.....the only other sports car game that was this fun until now was Need For Speed lll: Host Pursuit.
That game was awesome......you could implement your own cars after awhile that it was out.....i had beat it a long while ago and then found out i could get an old Mustang muscle car into the game......they got so many cars for that game now that you can download, its awesome, the thing that gets me is i never thought i would shelve this game from being my fav racing game.....and what is weird is its now a 2nd to a rally car game? i mean damn, i was scepticle when i heard htis was good, it friggen blew me away.......The only other games i have dreamed about were Halo and Everquest......now a rallycar game? RSC is sooooo friggen awesome.......I like the VW beetle and i like the Opel Xbox car.....those are my favorite right now.....just unlocked a ford vehicle, never heard of it and im a ford freak....anyway i unlocked htis car and its supposed to have great handly, but i guess the acceleration offsets it by a lot, and i only raced it once on a dirt track, so i dunno yet....anyway this game is the shhhhhh man, if anyone says otherwise, i might as well call you a democrat, becuase you definately dont have the same views as me hehe...ok that was corny, ehh:rolleyes:

thats about all i gots to say now.....im still on my halo kick....so i have to jump back and forth to each game

Xboxfan123
03-23-2002, 11:38 PM
Are there different camera angles during actual gameplay?

Xboxfan123
03-24-2002, 07:22 PM
I bought the game and WOW. This game really shows off the capabilities of the Xbox. I usually don't buy racing games but I heard alot of great things about this game and it's all true.

This is the Halo of racing games. Scores 10\10.:D