PDA

View Full Version : Gta 4!

Ainokeatoo
07-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Should I still get it or what? Personal opinions? Do people still play online anymore? Does everyones face have to look alike online?

Enamelized420
07-13-2008, 09:42 AM
It's a fun game to play.. Alot of diff things to work on besides just the main story missions. I still constantly see people on my friends list playing it online. When playing online I've noticed it just gives you a person to be, so you could be a dude or a woman trying to run around Liberty City trying to bust a cap in someones arse...
Good luck in your decision...

Ainokeatoo
07-13-2008, 09:58 AM
It's a fun game to play.. Alot of diff things to work on besides just the main story missions. I still constantly see people on my friends list playing it online. When playing online I've noticed it just gives you a person to be, so you could be a dude or a woman trying to run around Liberty City trying to bust a cap in someones arse...
Good luck in your decision...

So you can be the opposite gender as well in this one? That's pretty cool, I read up a little you can free roam with people online in the whole city, that's basically the whole reason I'm picking this up, it's like a burnout paradise except I can get out of the car and run around shooting things. Lmao, thanks for your opinion.

Shawn-XBA
07-13-2008, 10:08 AM
I read up a little you can free roam with people online in the whole city, that's basically the whole reason I'm picking this up, it's like a burnout paradise except I can get out of the car and run around shooting things. Lmao, thanks for your opinion.
And believe me that is fun, I have more fun just messing around in free mode than any of the other multiplayer modes.

I still play online from time to time, been switching back and forth between Vegas 2, COD 4, Halo 3 and GTA IV. Anyway you can't go wrong with picking this game up. The single player game will keep you busy for hours on end. After you've had enough of the single player you can jump on and play free mode with some friends. Its awesome, just go around doing whatever you want. Terrorize the city, lol.

Ainokeatoo
07-13-2008, 10:31 AM
LMAO Ok, it's a definate pick up for meh, thanks to silent, I should get it either today or next weekend, ;) gotta get paid first unless they got a cheap one down at my local game store.

Variation-XBA
07-13-2008, 11:22 AM
To unlock more clothes/faces/etc you have to rank up online, so at first everyone does kinda look teh same, but later as you level up you can look more unique

Ainokeatoo
07-13-2008, 01:38 PM
To unlock more clothes/faces/etc you have to rank up online, so at first everyone does kinda look teh same, but later as you level up you can look more unique

Holy **** you're kidding me? You actually unlock stuff in gta? that's pretty cool, definately picking it up... Any cons?

Ry
07-13-2008, 04:23 PM
And believe me that is fun, I have more fun just messing around in free mode than any of the other multiplayer modes.

I still play online from time to time, been switching back and forth between Vegas 2, COD 4, Halo 3 and GTA IV. Anyway you can't go wrong with picking this game up. The single player game will keep you busy for hours on end. After you've had enough of the single player you can jump on and play free mode with some friends. Its awesome, just go around doing whatever you want. Terrorize the city, lol.
ITS NOT THAT FUN TO THE OTHER PERSON YOU IN JUMP OUT OF THE HELI MAN!:cuss:(Insider). Its a fun story, Im only like 50% into it, Free roam is hella fun with friends.

JC Elite
07-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I wrote a review here at this site, but here is a quick version:

Fun single player (and with a better story IMO than previous games), but it gets VERY repetitive after awhile. A few hours into the game, you basically are just an errand boy for all of the mobs around the city. So in that way, it hasn't changed that much from the older games. Some of the 'extra' stuff you can do is cool (such as playing darts, drinking with friends, getting a lap dance, going to see a stand-up comedy show, etc.), and when I first started playing it I thought it was amazing I could do these things. But they get old after the first couple times you do them and then it's back to being an errand boy/assassin again. The game looks pretty good and the voice acting is outstanding. I gave it a 8.5, which means I think it's worth owning. But it's certainly not as good as all the major websites are claiming by giving it a 10.

If you are really into playing it online (as it sounds like you are), then you will probably like it at least for awhile. The best part is the free mode, which is fun. The other modes aren't that great and they feel like a game that is on it's first multiplayer try in the series (which it obviously is), so I am actually very curious to see what they will do with the next game in this area now that they have laid the groundwork here in GTA 4. With a little more refined multiplayer and if they actually give us something more to do in the storyline than just running around being everyone's b*tch in the story mode, then this game would actually be as good as some people are saying it is. In other words, beware the hype.

Steeps5
07-13-2008, 07:21 PM
I really like this game and I never thought the single player got repetitive or boring. The missions get more and more interesting as you go along in the story.

The free roam is the best part about the multiplayer though. You can absolutely anything you want, fly to the empire state building, do a drive-by in a tugboat lmao, or play chicken with helicopters. One thing you should try though is having 2 or 3 other guys playing with you and get a 4 star wanted level. Then grab a swat truck and just drive around the city shooting at the cops (very fun), and while you're at it you could smash through the prison gates and run around in there.

There are a lot of customization options when you go to the player model option on your phone.

Variation-XBA
07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Holy **** you're kidding me? You actually unlock stuff in gta? that's pretty cool, definately picking it up... Any cons?

Keep in mind its only unlocking for your online character. Single and Multi have nothing to do with each other.

wicked_d365
07-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Love the game. just finished the story the other day, but I got to do the last 10-15 missions again, I missed the 30 hour mark by an hour, goofing off on my part. Just looking for randoms and pigeons now.
I still play online when I am able to get on. I love it. Roaming New York, just killing anyone and everything I see. I like loading up a bus with friends, and driving around blowing stuff up and dropping gernades all over the place and see how long it takes the cops to kill all of us in the bus.