PDA

View Full Version : launch 360 finally died :(

thatdude222
07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
i thought it was invincible:/ guess not. I'm just glad it broke before December, cause that's the 3 year mark.

it sucks. how long does it usually take to get one back?

Ninja Scroll
07-23-2008, 04:46 PM
i thought it was invincible:/ guess not. I'm just glad it broke before December, cause that's the 3 year mark.

it sucks. how long does it usually take to get one back?

Was it due to the infamous RROD Fatality? If so, did you submit your request to MS by phone or on xbox.com? My December 05 360 died after a year and a half. Ended up getting an Elite because it was right around the time it launched.
If you dont want to wait, which can take a couple weeks you can buy a new 360 & walmart, and switch your dead console for the new one, then take the box back and get your money back. That's what I did. I ended up selling the new one to a co-worker and putting the difference to the Elite.

But better now for you than later this year.

mattgame
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
It takes about 6 months to get back. Ooooohhh sorry.:(

Steeps5
07-23-2008, 07:43 PM
ooh that sucks, i really hope my 360 doesnt get the red ring any time soon, it sounds like the best thing to do is take ninja scrolls advice

Variation-XBA
07-23-2008, 09:06 PM
If it's the Red Rings, it doesn't take too long once you contact MS and ship off the box free of charge.

mattgame
07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Teah I was just joking. A couple of weeks tops.

Ainokeatoo
07-23-2008, 09:47 PM
LMAO So many peoples launch xbox's are dying now... Mine died, well, at least it was something to do with the laser because it's not reading discs at all anymore, oh well, it was bound to happen. My average console life is about three years anywho, luckily I got another console last year so I'm good for now.

thatdude222
07-24-2008, 08:39 AM
yeah, it's the red rings. already put i the service request and they're shipping the box to me. not really a huge deal i guess. bound to happen.

Enamelized420
07-24-2008, 09:59 AM
sorry to hear that it happened but you'll have it back in a few weeks. :cheers: here's to a quick turnaround for you man.

Clintman
07-24-2008, 10:41 AM
yeah, it's the red rings. already put i the service request and they're shipping the box to me. not really a huge deal i guess. bound to happen.

RIP launch XBox.

You know what though man, it shouldn't be bound to happen, it's not right. Mine hasn't died yet (knock on wood) and I'm at the 2 year mark. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it's bull**** (pardon me) when you can't play a GD game without the fear of it freezing up on you and frying your XBox.

One good lesson has cemented itself in my mind due to these experiences though: Save and save often.

Ainokeatoo
07-24-2008, 03:49 PM
RIP launch XBox.

You know what though man, it shouldn't be bound to happen, it's not right. Mine hasn't died yet (knock on wood) and I'm at the 2 year mark. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it's bull**** (pardon me) when you can't play a GD game without the fear of it freezing up on you and frying your XBox.

One good lesson has cemented itself in my mind due to these experiences though: Save and save often.

It is bound to happen, ours are launch 360's day of launch, it's been three years since it came out and 360's at launch had RRoD's in the masses, it was bound to happen, but both of ours lasted so long i'm happy.

Ninja Scroll
07-24-2008, 05:22 PM
It is bound to happen, ours are launch 360's day of launch, it's been three years since it came out and 360's at launch had RRoD's in the masses, it was bound to happen, but both of ours lasted so long i'm happy.

Exactly, you can knock on that wood until your table breaks, but one day,.. maybe not today or tomorrow, but one day your poor launch baby will breath her last breath to da infamous RROD! Just hope that day doesnt bomb you during the holidays when you need her most.:cool:

Clintman
07-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah well that's the reality I guess. I had a power surge a few days back and I got Red Rings but in a different order, I almost shat myself.

laughs
07-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Still rockin my launch box... Can't wait to get the rings of death! :cheers:

Clintman
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Is there anyone else who has a minor disk tray problem? Mine seems to be a little beat up. Sometimes when I press the eject button the tray won't come out until I give it a little nudge, and sometimes when I turn the console off the tray doesn't go back inside.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Dude do yourself a fave get urself a new one, It's the best thing you can do.

Not Yellow
07-25-2008, 01:10 PM
I almost made it a full year of owning a 360, but got the RRoD about 2 months before that mark. I was only boxless for about 6 days. The customer support experience was nonetheless satisfactory.

But really it is bound to happen, but not only because it was a lauch box. Everything has a chance to fail, whether it be new or old technology. It's the way the world goes.:confused:

Clintman
07-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Dude do yourself a fave get urself a new one, It's the best thing you can do.

Nothing I can do until I get the RROD (which I hope happens sooner rather than later because my 3 years may be up soon).

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
07-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Nothing I can do until I get the RROD (which I hope happens sooner rather than later because my 3 years may be up soon).

Oh no clint i was refering to thatdude, but what you should do is go to best buy, and see if geek squad can help you out, my friends wii was a lil tweeked and it would shut off the remote on him geek squad helped, him out, or wait it out , it's up to you.