PDA

View Full Version : Madden Demo Impressions

mattgame
07-31-2008, 07:36 PM
So I played the demo and I am impressed and somewhat disappointed at the same time. I am impressed that Madde is back in the game even if it's just as a virtual instructor. I enjoyed the IQ test which tests your Madden skills and helps the game adjust to your skill level. It was cool and a little challenging. Then you get to play a madden moment which is my beloved Giants last 1 minute and a half Super Bowl miracle. Your task is to score that touchdown to win the Super Bowl. And it was hard, harder than it should have been. I'll get to that later. The graphics are a serious step up from last year. Madden at it's finest. There are more player movements, which allows the players to look more natural. Of course same old Madden as far as plays and controls for the most part however one glaring difference from last year. Dropped passes. Either the Giants can't catch or as soon as they get hit they are letting the ball go. I would say at least 80 percent of the time. They would even drop it when noone was around. I hope this was just the demo and this will be tweaked. Other than that, it's gonna be a great year for football! It's in the game baby!!!

Omen28
07-31-2008, 07:53 PM
It was alright, I might get it from gamefly, maybe.

segagamer4life
07-31-2008, 07:56 PM
I was midly dissapointed in the length of the demo, but I was impressed with the gameplay enough to forgive that, I am actually looking forward to this years offering.

CrazyCougar
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Either the Giants can't catch or as soon as they get hit they are letting the ball go. I would say at least 80 percent of the time. They would even drop it when noone was around.

What do ya expect. They got Eli throwing to them!!! :rofl: They'd be better off with Sexy Rexy Grossman!!

Anyhow, yeah the demo was more for visual purposes than anything I think. There was not a whole lot of substance to it. I guess it served its purpose and that is to wet folks appetites for the game in 2 weeks.

mattgame
08-01-2008, 07:24 AM
I downloaded and played it on the ps3 and the ps3 version looked cleaner, less jaggie. However, same droppd passes. No, let me clarify not dropped passes, but the ball actually ricochets off of a player like it hit a brick wall.