PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden II Mission Mode!

Ninja Scroll
07-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Tecmo/Team Ninja recently released the 1st non-costume downloadable content for NG2 for 800 MS Points ($10.00) which is called "Mission Mode".
Consist of 24 Individual Missions.
I have completed 16 of the 24 and those damn things are hard as hell! Some I refuse to try again because they are beyond over the top, and in most cases cheesy as hell.:cuss:

I have 3 (80Gamerpoints out of 250) of the new achievements for this new DL content.
I want to know does anyone know of the list for these achievements? I have searched and no one has them listed. As usual xbox.com has those locked so you cant see what you need to do to unlock them.

Anyone know?

And any thoughts on the content from anyone that may have downloaded it?
I had no idea this new content was available until I stumbled across it on ign.com.
While I was at it, I wasted 200 MS Points on one of those new costumes. They have 3 you can buy, and you get 5 different variations for each one. They are cool, but that's crazy Tecmo is nickle and dimey lame stuff like costumes. Come on Tecmo, your charging for costumes, ... that is a EA move! :rolleyes:

Unreal
07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
The good thing about DLC is that its not mandatory. If you want it, you can buy it. If you don't, then don't buy it. For the topic at hand. I bought it. But I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. NG has always been stupid hard. But if for some act of god you are able to clear some stuff. You get a sense of accomplishment :rofl:

Variation-XBA
07-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I can't even complete the game, so no mission mode for me

Unreal
08-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I can't even complete the game, so no mission mode for me
Not even on acolyte?

Variation-XBA
08-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Not even on acolyte?

Nope, couldn't beat the previous Ninja Gaiden as well.

Unreal
08-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Nope, couldn't beat the previous Ninja Gaiden as well.
:cry: That's too bad.

Variation-XBA
08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
:cry: That's too bad.

It is, I suck :(

Ninja Scroll
08-01-2008, 06:24 PM
NG has always been stupid hard. But if for some act of god you are able to clear some stuff. You get a sense of accomplishment

Absolutely. This game is as hardcore as it gets when it comes to a videogames difficulty level.
I still want to know the achievements for the download so I know what I need to go to get the rest of them. :confused:

It is, I suck :(

Atleast those AA meetings I paid for you to attend are coming to use. The 1st thing is admitting you suck,.. the next is to try to stop sucking! :p
I can give you a pass on the 1st NG on Xbox, but they even dumbed down the difficulty for bums like you, and you still reek of suckiness. :rofl:

Variation-XBA
08-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Atleast those AA meetings I paid for you to attend are coming to use. The 1st thing is admitting you suck,.. the next is to try to stop sucking! :p
I can give you a pass on the 1st NG on Xbox, but they even dumbed down the difficulty for bums like you, and you still reek of suckiness. :rofl:

It's true....I was in denial for so long, but I've come to terms with it and accept it now.

Come teach me son :cool:

Unreal
08-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I still want to know the achievements for the download so I know what I need to go to get the rest of them. :confused:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=943273&topic=44530070
I hope this helps you in your quest.

Ninja Scroll
08-02-2008, 10:39 PM
It's true....I was in denial for so long, but I've come to terms with it and accept it now.

Come teach me Daddy :cool:

Now don't you feel at peace with yourself now that you admit you suck at the Ninja Gaiden series and need to blow your noodles out ASAP? :cheers:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=943273&topic=44530070
I hope this helps you in your quest.

good lookin out taking the time to try to find what I am lookin for, but this is not it. I need the exact listing for the Achievements for The Mission Mode.
I don't know why I cannot find dem listed anywhere. :confused:
Anymore help is appreciated. Naw mean?

Unreal
08-03-2008, 03:10 AM
good lookin out taking the time to try to find what I am lookin for, but this is not it. I need the exact listing for the Achievements for The Mission Mode.
I don't know why I cannot find dem listed anywhere. :confused:
Anymore help is appreciated. Naw mean?

Four Missions Completed (30) Completed 4 Missions
Eight Missions Completed (30) Completed 8 Missions
First Medallion (20) Obtained a Medallion in a Survival Mission
Acolyte of Missions (20) Completed all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Acolyte
Warrior of Missions (20) Completed all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Warrior
Secret Achievement (20) Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
Secret Achievement (20) Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
All Bronze (30) Obtained all Bronze Medallions in the Survival Missions
Secret Achievement (30) Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
Secret Achievement (30) Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
I am assuming the secret ones are silver and gold medallions. And the other 2 are the difficutly ones. I have beat 8 missions and I got the 4 missions achievement. I never recieved the medal one or the 8 missions one. So I am not sure if it has to be the first 8 or not. I hope this helps now.

Ninja Scroll
08-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I am assuming the secret ones are silver and gold medallions. And the other 2 are the difficutly ones. I have beat 8 missions and I got the 4 missions achievement. I never recieved the medal one or the 8 missions one. So I am not sure if it has to be the first 8 or not. I hope this helps now.

This info is helpful. I do think you may need (even though it doesnt technically say it) to complete the 1st 8 missions in order to get the 8 Missions complete points.
I have 1 GOLD Metal, but it's not easy at all. Some of dem challenges are so over the top that you can just cancel christmas on me trying to get dem!
Yo Unreal, why dont you link your XBA sig with the www.mygamercard.com so we can all see your achievements? I would be interested to see how I stack up to you in individual games. :cool:

These are the achievements I have so far as followed:

First Medallion
Obtained a Medallion in a Survival Mission
Acquired 7/31/2008
Eight Missions Completed
Completed 8 Missions
Acquired 7/31/2008
Four Missions Completed
Completed 4 Missions
Acquired 7/31/2008

Ninja Scroll
08-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Okay, if this list is correct for the achievements then something is fishy here. I just completed all of the "Survival" missions, that's right got dammit, all 8 of dem beeotches and I didnt get even a bronze achievement for my troubles for doing so. :mad:
I have completed 18 of the 24 thus far total. The 1st 8 missions, and to be technically I completed missions 1-8 & 15-24.

I can't see myself doing those 2 missions where you have to kill 100 enemies with no health potions at all.

I know I heard from ign.com about the original release of this download robbin dudes from their achievements or freezing on dem.
Doesnt seem like this has been completely corrected. :cuss:

I even did the 1st mission on all the difficulties. Including Master Ninja! Now the Karma missions give you the option to choose which mode you play, however the Survival missions dont, what gives? :watchout:

Man, im about to get back into SCIV since this shiit wants to tick me off!

EDIT: Here is the link about dem robbin dudes for their hard work!

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/894/894024p1.html

Unreal
08-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Okay, if this list is correct for the achievements then something is fishy here. I just completed all of the "Survival" missions, that's right got dammit, all 8 of dem beeotches and I didnt get even a bronze achievement for my troubles for doing so. :mad:
I have completed 18 of the 24 thus far total. The 1st 8 missions, and to be technically I completed missions 1-8 & 15-24.

I can't see myself doing those 2 missions where you have to kill 100 enemies with no health potions at all.

I know I heard from ign.com about the original release of this download robbin dudes from their achievements or freezing on dem.
Doesnt seem like this has been completely corrected. :cuss:

I even did the 1st mission on all the difficulties. Including Master Ninja! Now the Karma missions give you the option to choose which mode you play, however the Survival missions dont, what gives? :watchout:

Man, im about to get back into SCIV since this shiit wants to tick me off!

EDIT: Here is the link about dem robbin dudes for their hard work!

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/894/894024p1.html
So they haven't fixed it then. I am playing Soul Calibur. As far as my gamercard. I think I am linked on the site. I had to register to get the specialy cards. I dont post their though. Just use Xbox Addict's gamertag live name and I am on that list. I have only beat the game one acolyte with the dragon sword so far.

Ninja Scroll
08-04-2008, 02:10 PM
So they haven't fixed it then. I am playing Soul Calibur. As far as my gamercard. I think I am linked on the site. I had to register to get the specialy cards. I dont post their though. Just use Xbox Addict's gamertag live name and I am on that list. I have only beat the game one acolyte with the dragon sword so far.

I dont post their either. You just register on their site, then on XBA you go to "User CP" and then do a copy/paste of the address from mygamercard.com to your XBA Signature. You have something in it now, so you know what to do.
I think just think it's school to see where everyone stacked up at. It's on you if your comfortable doing it.
Dude, we wont laugh at your games played list! We know with a score of 70k + that you have some shiity games on your list. :D

Symmetric-XBA
08-04-2008, 03:30 PM
A medallion is earned for each 500,000 karma obtained on a mission. 500,000 for Iron, 1,000,000 for Bronze, 1,500,000 for Silver, and 2,000,000 for Gold.

These are the known achievements:

All Gold 30
Obtained all Gold Medallions in the Survival Missions

All Silver 30
Obtained all Silver Medallions in the Survival Missions

All Bronze 30
Obtained all Bronze Medallions in the Survival Missions

Warrior of Missions 20
Completed all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Warrior

Acolyte of Missions 20
Completed all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Acolyte

First Medallion 20
Obtained a Medallion in a Survival Mission

Eight Missions Completed 30
Completed 8 Missions

Four Missions Completed 30
Completed 4 Missions

Mentor of Missions 20
Completed all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Mentor

Master of Missions 20
Completed all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Master

hope that helps.

Symmetric-XBA
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
one of my friends on my friends list has 1000 both in ng2 and dmc4 lol he's an absolute beast when it comes to xbox games lmao. I almost hate playing some games w/ him b/c my skills aren't nearly as good lmao.

Unreal
08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Dude, we wont laugh at your games played list! We know with a score of 70k + that you have some shiity games on your list. :D
Actually there is maybe 3 games that might be in your crap catagory. Everything else is good. Or at least I think so. Since I own them all. Here is the link. Its not updated. But you will get a pretty good idea.

Edit. I can't get the link to work.

Ninja Scroll
08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Actually there is maybe 3 games that might be in your crap catagory. Everything else is good. Or at least I think so. Since I own them all. Here is the link. Its not updated. But you will get a pretty good idea.

Edit. I can't get the link to work.

:rolleyes:

Only games I can guess you are referring to are my 2 shameless achievement whoring games in the infamous easy ass Avatar & King Kong! :hump: I even used the invincible code for King Kong so I could just breeze through it without thinking! :D

Unreal
08-06-2008, 05:08 AM
:rolleyes:

Only games I can guess you are referring to are my 2 shameless achievement whoring games in the infamous easy ass Avatar & King Kong! :hump: I even used the invincible code for King Kong so I could just breeze through it without thinking! :D
No. I didnt play Avatar. King Kong I did but I didnt have live back when that was out. I played it because the guys behind Beyond Good & Evil helped with it. That game is forgetable. Fusion Frenzy 2 is also on my list. The first was a blast to play. The second one, well we will leave it at that.

Ninja Scroll
08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
No. I didnt play Avatar. King Kong I did but I didnt have live back when that was out. I played it because the guys behind Beyond Good & Evil helped with it. That game is forgetable. Fusion Frenzy 2 is also on my list. The first was a blast to play. The second one, well we will leave it at that.

LMAO! :D This gives me an idea for shameful owned games thread! ;)
Dont know if it's ever been done, but it's about to.

Ninja Scroll
08-10-2008, 11:10 AM
NG2: Mission Mode screw up Update by Microsoft ...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/897/897626p1.html

Told ya'll they were robbin/screwing me over for my achievements for the new DLC for this game. :rolleyes: Looks like i'm not alone.