08-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Shortly after I got my 360 about a year ago the disc tray would'nt open,it's like something is blocking it maybe it's miss aligned...I dont know but I've got to slap the sh** of it to get it to open.It works,but automaticly closes in about 5 seconds(not alot of time to switch out discs)
I don't have a warranty
I was wondering if anybody else had encountered this problem and or had a fix or suggestion.
08-02-2008, 06:54 PM
While attempting to eject a disc, the disc drive of your Xbox 360 console does not open
You can turn on the Xbox 360 console, but you cannot open the disc tray.
Typically, this problem occurs if a game disc, a DVD, or a CD is stuck in the disc tray. However, this problem can also occur when a disc is not stuck in the disc tray.
THINGS TO TRY
Make sure that you remove the clear plastic protective strip from the front of the disc tray. This protective strip prevents the disc tray from opening.
1. Determine whether the Xbox 360 console is functioning correctly.
a. Press the power button, and look at the lights on the front of the console.
• If no lights are illuminated on the front of the console, make sure that the power cord is connected and that the power supply is working.
b. If no picture appears and the disc tray eject button does not work, contact Xbox Customer Service to get the console serviced.
2. Press the eject button on the console to open the disc tray.
3. If the disc tray does not open when you press the eject button, try to manually open the disc tray by using the steps in the "How to manually eject a disc from the disk tray" section.
4. If these steps do not resolve the issue, your console may require a repair. For information about how you may be able to create your repair request online and for information about how to contact Xbox Customer Support, visit the http://www.xbox.com/support (http://www.xbox.com/support) Web site
How to manually eject a disc from the disk tray
If the steps in the previous section do not resolve the issue, your console may require a repair. For information about how you may be able to create your repair request online and for information about how to contact Xbox Customer Support, visit the http://www.xbox.com/support (http://www.xbox.com/support) Web site.
Your Xbox 360 console disc tray will not close
When you try to close the disc tray on your Xbox console, the disc tray doesn't close.
THINGS TO TRY
1. If possible, remove any discs that are in the tray.
2. Push the eject button to close the tray.
3. If the tray won't close and seems to be stuck, gently move the tray up, down, and to the side.
4. Check around the disc tray and make sure the faceplate is fitted correctly. If the faceplate isn't fitted correctly, the disc tray may not be able to close.
5. If the tray still does not close, contact Xbox Customer Service.
If the steps in the previous section did not resolve your problem, your console may have to be repaired. For more information about how to start the repair process online, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support (http://www.xbox.com/support), and then click Repair your console in the upper-right part of the Web page.
08-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Well that about settles that. Good work Var.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.