PDA

View Full Version : Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution Faceplate Contest

SpaceGhost2K
08-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks to the community manager at the 2K Forums, we will be giving away a CivRev faceplate to one Faceplate Addict forum member.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/images/faceplates/29.jpg

Hopefully there will be MORE than one, and hopefully there will be additional prizes to go along with the faceplate, like a poster or t-shirt or something like that.

*******MAJOR EDIT**********
Yeah, we're geting more than one. We're getting TEN CivRev faceplates AND lithographs. TEN prizes. TEN winners. Don't suck. Enter now.

******MAJOR EDIT #2*********
I have the prizes in hand. There's good news and there's, well, it's not really bad news, it's just not good news. First the good news. I have ten faceplates right here in mint condition. The plates are numbered out of 2000, and the numbers are in the 230-250 range. Also good news, there are actually TWO lithograph posters instead of one: there's a Lincoln poster and a Napoleon poster. And the best good news, one of the Napoleon posters has been autographed by none other than Sid Meier himself! Now, the not-so-good news. Two of the ten Napoleon posters suffered a pretty major tear on one side, and a number of the other posters received minor damage either from a creased corner or side, or a small tear on one side (nothing like the other two posters though.) The worst of this news is that the signed one is one of those.

So here's how I'm going to handle this. When I email the winners that they have won, I will ask them if they're interested in the posters. The #1 winner will get the lowest numbered plate, the signed Napoleon poster and the best condition Lincoln poster. Anyone who isn't interested in a poster will not get them and that will make for better posters for the ones that DO want them. If I still end up with more people wanting posters than I have good posters, I will do my best to make sure that everyone gets at least one near-flawless poster (a Lincoln or a Napoleon.) The fortunate will get both. I will give up my posters for you guys.

Oh, and if you guys REALLY wanted to be nice to me, you could go back and edit your entry posts and mention whether you want the posters or not (#1 will get them regardless).

So here are the details of the contest. There are two things you have to do.

1) You have to take a test. I won't tell you the answers, but I'll tell you where you can FIND the answers. DO NOT post the answers in this thread. PM them to me. (I guess that means I better clean out my PM box, huh?)

2) Make a post in this thread that you sent me a PM. I will check my PM's, and if your answers are right, I will edit your post to say "CORRECT: ENTRY ACCEPTED". If it is NOT right, I'll post "INCORRECT: ENTRY DENIED. TRY AGAIN." You'll then get another chance to PM the right answers to me.

Our winner selection program will look at everyone who posts in this thread, so when I run the program to pick a winner (or winners if we get to do more than one), anyone who doesn't have "CORRECT: ENTRY ACCEPTED" by their name will be rejected and another winner will be chosen. Let's say some guy named "ChuckLOL101" posts "Sweet," in the thread, never sends me a PM and then gets picked as a winner. Chuck is a moron and didn't follow the rules, so he'll be rejected and I'll pick another winner.

If you PM the correct answers to me but don't post in the thread, the "winner picker" can't pick you, so make sure you do both parts of the contest, mmmkay? Otherwise, you're no smarter than Chuck.

Also, our "thank you" to the 2K Forums for giving us this prize for faceplate collectors is that we want you to check out their game and their forums. If you have the game, if you've played the game, if you've played the demo.... please share your impressions in this thread for other members to read. They also have other games represented in the forums, like Bioshock, so I know there's something of interest there for you. Please post to your hearts' content in this thread. It won't affect the contest.

OK, now to the test and again DO NOT post the answers in this thread. I will delete them and you could possibly compromise this giveaway. The way to improve your chances at winning is to be coo', don' be no foo'. PM the answers to me ONLY.

2K GAMES and SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION REVOLUTION CONTEST

1) What are the names of the two historical leaders that could be played in the demo? (Xbox LIVE - download it and find out!)

2) How many civilizations are playable in the game?(www.civilizationrevolution.com)

3) Who developed the game? (www.civilizationrevolution.com)

4) What is the *EDIT** "North American" ** ESRB rating for the game? (Look anywhere that sells it or reviewed it.)

5) What is the name of the 2K Community Manager at the Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution official forums? (http://forums.2kgames.com).

The contest starts NOW, and will run until 11:59 PM PDT August 17, 2008. Entries after that will be mocked.

Omen28
08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I sent you a pm with the answers.

Good luck to all. I know there are a few hardcore fanboy's out there that just adore this game as much as I do. So with that I bid everyone good luck.

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED."

I will take both if I am lucky enough but if I can only have one I would like a Lincoln one. Thanks!

Not Yellow
08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
PM sent

BattleCruiser
08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
PM Sent

Space, If drawn, I have no problems with the receiving the damaged posters.

gameking28
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
PM Away!

I've actually spent a pretty good amount of time playing Civ: Rev. It's a lot of fun but sim games are hard to play on consoles - control issues are most of the problem.
Since the 360 has achievements, it's an added incentive to replay the game as different civilizations and on different difficulties. The difficulties available also run the gamut of "so easy a monkey could win" to the very aptly named "Deity" since you really have to be a Civilization God to win.
If you like sim games it's worth a play.

I'm cool with the damaged posters if I end up being one of the lucky few.

MosleyTank
08-03-2008, 11:39 PM
PM sent

"CORRECT: ENTRY ACCEPTED."

Ry
08-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Pm Sent.

Omen28
08-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Pm sent, again.

**EDIT** Check your PMs. I accepted your entry in your first post. - SG2K

JakofallAces
08-04-2008, 01:00 AM
nice follow up contest spacey your contacts are very generous also i would send you a pm but... i wouldnt know where to start. good luck to all and let a new and deserving person win for once.

EDIT: this is now an important stickied thread AWESOME:hardcore::hardcore::hardcore::hardcore:

EDIT (in large letters) the private message you requested has been sent, if any problems occur please elaborate and message me, also have a fine day

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED. GREATEST. ENTRY. EVAH." YUP. hey what happens if we post our entry pm here? would i get rejected or what?

gameking28
08-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Well someone had to screw up first. :whistle:
New PM sent.

wicked_d365
08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
PM sent. I positive I got it right.
Thanks 2K, Spacey, and everyone who helped.
Good luck to all.

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED. BAD SPELLING OVERLOOKED. :D"

Edit: I would like posters if I win, only if I don't have to rob from you Spacey, you can have mine if you want.

SpaceGhost2K
08-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Well someone had to screw up first. :whistle:
New PM sent.

Actually, you screwed up second, but Omen got his correct answers in before you.

Variation-XBA
08-04-2008, 01:05 PM
PM Sent

Damn rights I wants me some posters!

gameking28
08-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Actually, you screwed up second, but Omen got his correct answers in before you.

lol Well I feel a little better about it now. Maybe it has somethig to do with the fact that the number 28 is in both of our screen names? :confused:

Omen28
08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
lol Well I feel a little better about it now. Maybe it has somethig to do with the fact that the number 28 is in both of our screen names? :confused:

That has to be it, its the "28"!:eek:

Symmetric-XBA
08-04-2008, 05:58 PM
pm sent man.

"INCORRECT. ENTRY DENIED. TRY AGAIN."

SpaceGhost2K
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Prize update edited into the first post. MUST. READ. NOW.

gameking28
08-04-2008, 07:16 PM
That's a pretty killer prize update! Way to go Spacey! :hail:

Variation-XBA
08-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow, 10 now!? SWEEEEEET! Get the main one signed or something special Spacey! ;)

Clintman
08-05-2008, 01:00 AM
PM sent. Good luck everyone! I'm excited to possibly get my first faceplate.

PS. If I win, I am not interested in a poster (unless it's 1st place).

wicked_d365
08-05-2008, 08:01 AM
10 now, sweet. What do the litho's look like? Has anyone seen the catapults for this?. If I get a plate, I would like one to go with it. I saw a couple on ebay last week, can't find them now.

KatamariKutie
08-05-2008, 11:15 AM
PM SENT and I hope I got them all correct. *crossing fingers*

cin84_12
08-05-2008, 01:34 PM
PM sent Space.

SpaceGhost2K
08-05-2008, 02:29 PM
10 now, sweet. What do the litho's look like? Has anyone seen the catapults for this?. If I get a plate, I would like one to go with it. I saw a couple on ebay last week, can't find them now.

I think it's this one. It's pretty big, too - 12" x 24".

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/take2store_2007_507030

Variation-XBA
08-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I think it's this one. It's pretty big, too - 12" x 24".

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/take2store_2007_507030

Hah, that's awesome. Definetly framable and wall mount worthy

y2kash_14
08-05-2008, 07:54 PM
pm sent.

gameking28
08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Hah, that's awesome. Definetly framable and wall mount worthy

Yeah because who doesn't want a short, angry, former French Emperor on their wall telling them what to do? I know I do! :rofl:

wasabisabi
08-06-2008, 12:46 AM
PM Sent! :hump:

SpaceGhost2K
08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
I suggest that everyone go back and look at their posts and make sure they have a post that says "CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED." If you don't and you should, let me know. If it says "INCORRECT," re-read the questions and send your answers to me again. Most wrong answers so far have been because people read the questions too fast and gave a knee-jerk response.

KatamariKutie
08-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Most wrong answers so far have been because people read the questions too fast and gave a knee-jerk response.

Gosh - hope you had your cup on.

SpaceGhost2K
08-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Gosh - hope you had your cup on.

Is that what you call this leather codpiece thingy you got me with the peac0ck feathers on it?

gameking28
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Is that what you call this leather codpiece thingy you got me with the peac0ck feathers on it?

:yikes:

Variation-XBA
08-07-2008, 12:47 AM

I think we need a picture of that sir

JakofallAces
08-07-2008, 02:08 AM
I think we need a picture of that sir

or vids.... vids are nice too. sketchy creep (refering to spacey)

KatamariKutie
08-07-2008, 11:21 AM

Omg EDDIE!!.

Why is there no smiley for "face as red as a tomato"??

y2kash_14
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
pm'ed again...

SpaceGhost2K
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
pm'ed again...

I changed your earlier post to reflect that your submission is now correct. :)

J1cubed
08-08-2008, 01:19 AM
PM Sent

If I win I'd really like to get the poster.

JakofallAces
08-08-2008, 08:20 AM
PM Sent

welcome thanks for immediately entering the contest before introducing yourself, it tells alot about your character

KatamariKutie
08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
PM Sent

What Jak meant to say is "Hi, I noticed you hadn't introduced yourself. Welcome! Make a new thread and tell us all a little about yourself. Meanwhile enjoy the forums and have fun!"

His message gets a little lost sometimes.

SpaceGhost2K
08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
welcome thanks for immediately entering the contest before introducing yourself, it tells alot about your character

Gee, did the manners fairy skip your house when you were a kid?

JakofallAces
08-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Gee, did the manners fairy skip your house when you were a kid?

nah it just my father beating on me that made be resent them no joke:bang:

J1cubed
08-09-2008, 12:09 AM

sorry, didn't mean to make the wrong impression. i genuinely enjoy collecting faceplates and will start a thread to introduce myself.

JakofallAces
08-09-2008, 02:13 AM
sorry, didn't mean to make the wrong impression. i genuinely enjoy collecting faceplates and will start a thread to introduce myself.

yay:hump::hump::hump::hump:i now accept you

wicked_d365
08-09-2008, 08:08 AM
yay:hump::hump::hump::hump:i now accept you

WTF? Jak is cool with the new guy, something's wrong.

gameking28
08-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Quick! Someone check and see if hell has frozen over!
http://members.aye.net/~gharris/blog/frozen_hell.jpg

Hey, I guess it did! :)

BattleCruiser
08-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Looks out window. :yikes: Not yet, but ominous clouds on horizon!

JakofallAces
08-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Looks out window. :yikes: Not yet, but ominous clouds on horizon!

huh? so i cant like a newbbbb-member i mean at least he didnt flame me he could have done that

Steeps5
08-09-2008, 02:35 PM
ok, PM sent

so i guess i just have to wait a while for the results of this contest, doesnt seem to have a whole lot of entries

SpaceGhost2K
08-09-2008, 06:16 PM
ok, PM sent

so i guess i just have to wait a while for the results of this contest, doesnt seem to have a whole lot of entries

The last contest we did was designed to draw new people to the site and we had hundreds of entries. This contest we wanted to try to take care of just the collectors.

Variation-XBA
08-10-2008, 01:15 AM
This contest we wanted to try to take care of just the collectors.

You get a hug :cool:

wicked_d365
08-11-2008, 09:31 AM
The last contest we did was designed to draw new people to the site and we had hundreds of entries. This contest we wanted to try to take care of just the collectors.
And if you decide to sell it on Ebay, DO NOT let anyone in here find out, cause we will rip you a new one.

SpaceGhost2K
08-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Check the first post for changes to the prize information.

JakofallAces
08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
nice follow up contest spacey your contacts are very generous also i would send you a pm but... i wouldnt know where to start. good luck to all and let a new and deserving person win for once.

EDIT: this is now an important stickied thread AWESOME:hardcore::hardcore::hardcore::hardcore:

EDIT (in large letters) the private message you requested has been sent, if any problems occur please elaborate and message me, also have a fine day

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED. GREATEST. ENTRY. EVAH." YUP. hey what happens if we post our entry pm here? would i get rejected or what?

uber edit: i will take a poster but only if its signed otherwise if i win and dont have the option of that poster i dont want one at all. thanks ed

Ry
08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Wow nice prize update, Sucks about the posters, but hey, its still cool.

wicked_d365
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Edited original post. Thanks for letting us know. I know some people would have just mailed them out that way and said it happened during shipping, but not our boy Spacey, he's the man.:cheers:

JakofallAces
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Edited original post. Thanks for letting us know. I know some people would have just mailed them out that way and said it happened during shipping, but not our boy Spacey, he's the man.:cheers:

hes like older than all of us

Omen28
08-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Dang, that sucks about the signed one but at least everyone will be able to have a regular one.

Sir Baldo
08-15-2008, 08:24 AM
PM sent.

Faceplate preferred.

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED." Everybody who wins gets a faceplate. The question is whether it matters to you if you get a poster or not. (SG2K)

y2kash_14
08-15-2008, 08:50 AM
PM sent.

Faceplate preferred.

wow.....just...wow...

Sir Baldo
08-15-2008, 09:36 AM
wow.....just...wow...

Oh dear. Looks like I may have made some sort of XBA faux pas.:mad:

Seriously though, sorry if I have done something wrong. All I can figure is that I'm brand new around these parts and the first thing I did was PM my test and post in this contest thread. Well there's a simple explanation for that. I found you all through a Google search for Civ:Rev faceplates, which brought me straight to this thread. In my excitement to find one of these treasures available, I registered, did the test, and posted. I didn't have time for anything else at the time seeing as I am at work.:eek: I came back a short while later and finished my profile and posted an intro thread.

I hope this sorts things out. I'm really active on the official xBox forums, but they're a bit transient for my taste. You know, people just blowing through when they have a problem. This looks like a cool place and I look forward to being a community member.

It's no fun getting started on the wrong foot.:(

Cheers.

KatamariKutie
08-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Oh dear.......

Cheers.

You're fine :) And Welcome to XBA!

wicked_d365
08-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh dear. Looks like I may have made some sort of XBA faux pas.:mad:

Seriously though, sorry if I have done something wrong. All I can figure is that I'm brand new around these parts and the first thing I did was PM my test and post in this contest thread. Well there's a simple explanation for that. I found you all through a Google search for Civ:Rev faceplates, which brought me straight to this thread. In my excitement to find one of these treasures available, I registered, did the test, and posted. I didn't have time for anything else at the time seeing as I am at work.:eek: I came back a short while later and finished my profile and posted an intro thread.

I hope this sorts things out. I'm really active on the official xBox forums, but they're a bit transient for my taste. You know, people just blowing through when they have a problem. This looks like a cool place and I look forward to being a community member.

It's no fun getting started on the wrong foot.:(

Cheers.
Welcome new friend. Good to see another Houston faceplate collector. You got nothing to worry about. Like Jay-Z said "Kick that dirt off your shoulders"

SpaceGhost2K
08-15-2008, 02:26 PM
PM sent.

Faceplate preferred.

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED." Everybody who wins gets a faceplate. The question is whether it matters to you if you get a poster or not. (SG2K)

Sir Baldo
08-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Ahhh, gotcha. That's a negative for me. Thanks.
:)

UNV Superkid
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
WOW, i dont belive i missed this contest by a day... I have been working so much lately havent had time to check my email much less XBA and i miss an oppurtunity like this..............I HATE WORK!!!!!

wasabisabi
08-20-2008, 04:23 AM
hehe. I hate work too but I happened to come here during a Saturday when I didn't have work (I usually have work on Saturdays too) and learned about the contest...lucky me