PDA

View Full Version : Got DAMN "RROD" Auto Update Murked My 360 Elite!!!

Ninja Scroll
08-06-2008, 07:01 PM
:cuss: GOT DAMN 360 AUTO UPDATE!!! :cuss:

This link right here killed my Launch Xbox360 Elite:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26528238&sid=6195530&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;4

This featureless update completed it's process on my Elite and as soon as it was about to reboot my Elite crashed with the 3 Red Rings Of Death just minutes before this post! :bang:

My story goes like this. I copped my original 20GB X360 December 23rd, 2005. Then April/May 2007 the joint got the RROD. Now this is all before the announcement of the 3 year Warranty for this particular failure.
Instead of going through all the hassle I just copped a new 20GB from Wal-Mart, then swapped my busted ass 360 with that joint, and got my cheese back. .. yes, I know, genius. ;)
Then I sell that new 360 to a co-worker which all of this is about 3 weeks to a month before the Elite is released. So I put that bread towards the Elite the very Sunday it came out at Best Buy. I even went there hours before thinking it was going to be lines,... yeah, just me and some other sucker.

So there you have it. My 2nd RROD 360 bites the dust. I wasnt really shocked. Just disappointed. Everyone I know except one friend has had atleast 1 RROD 360, as well as many online and XBA.

Nows time to put in that call to Microsoft. :trippin:

I'm really mostly happy I played the shiit out of SoulCaliburIV before this took place. I played that game like there was no tomorrow.
I was about to get into GTAIV again,... looks like Bellick will be on vacation in Liberty City for awhile I suppose...

mattgame
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
There's always the PS3. Hit me up, Mattgame09.:whistle:

Ninja Scroll
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
there's Always The Ps3. Hit Me Up, Mattgame09.:whistle:

never!!xbox3604life!

Variation-XBA
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
There's always the PS3. Hit me up, Mattgame09.:whistle:

Oh yea, we're on ps3addict.com :eek:

I have a launch Elite Ninja and mine is fine after the update, so looks like you just got really unlucky :(

Enamelized420
08-07-2008, 01:34 AM
sorry to hear that. I got the update and put in a game and played.. That sucks.

Ninja Scroll
08-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Well I got the UPS information by mail last night, forward the emails to my work email, and shipped it from work today using bubble wrap and foam from my Distribution Shipping Dept so sent my Elite out.
Cheap ass MS only offering UPS Ground Shipping. WTF is that! Snail mail?
UPS comes to my job 2 times a day so my baby is already on her way.
I miss her already. :crying: I guess there is life other than gaming, .... no, no there isnt! It's games or death! :D

The broad on the phone said it would be 2-3 weeks. That remains to be seen.

Kamshaft
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
You're not alone, I just got my first RROD on Sunday. :bang:
PS3addict.com

Hmm.....crap more work!

Ninja Scroll
08-07-2008, 06:21 PM
You're not alone, I just got my first RROD on Sunday. :bang:
PS3addict.com

Hmm.....crap more work!

Damn Stephen, that's crazy! Was your 360 a launch console? I never see you playing games whenever I see you on, just in the Dashboard,.. sup with that homie? :confused:
Did you send it out already?
And Madden Rehash 09 comes out next week too,... damn... :trippin:

mattgame
08-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Madden rehash?!:rofl:

Reclaimer
08-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Hmm.. I was wondering what the update was for. Apparently to murk Ninja's Xbox only.

I have the launch Elite. Nothing bad has happened.

Let me rephrase that. No RROD's.
Now my disc tray is broken and it only opens one out of 10 attempts and it won't close until I push it close.

But no RRODs. I can handle that.

Ninja Scroll
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Hmm.. I was wondering what the update was for. Apparently to murk Ninja's Xbox only.

I have the launch Elite. Nothing bad has happened.

Let me rephrase that. No RROD's.
Now my disc tray is broken and it only opens one out of 10 attempts and it won't close until I push it close.

But no RRODs. I can handle that.

:cuss: Scew you Reclaimer!! Yes, MS set me up! They got me good! They did a mass US update just to jerk me around! Now my 360 Elite is gone for a good 2-3 weeks!
I even check the UPS Tracking at work even though I know it's status will not change until Tuesday when it is set to be delivered to Texas. :crying:
It could had been worse... it could had happen when Gears2 was about to ship.
Dude, what's up with your disc tray though? :watchout: I aint heard of having to close it yourself. If I were you I would pray for a RROD, but then again, they would fix that, but leave your disc tray broke! LOL!

Reclaimer
08-09-2008, 05:58 AM
:cuss: Scew you Reclaimer!! Yes, MS set me up! They got me good! They did a mass US update just to jerk me around! Now my 360 Elite is gone for a good 2-3 weeks!
I even check the UPS Tracking at work even though I know it's status will not change until Tuesday when it is set to be delivered to Texas. :crying:
It could had been worse... it could had happen when Gears2 was about to ship.
Dude, what's up with your disc tray though? :watchout: I aint heard of having to close it yourself. If I were you I would pray for a RROD, but then again, they would fix that, but leave your disc tray broke! LOL!

I think the gear drive that rolls the tray in and out pops loose because when it won't retract, it just freely rolls when I push it with no resistance.
When it won't pop out, it tries and tries and I think the gears finally catch and eventually it rolls out.

I'm not going to sweat it. In fact, when the arcade edition makes its supposed price drop, I'll get it and put my hard drive on it. Then I'll have two 360's so I can get a second TV, put that in the bed room and having system link madness.

gameking28
08-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Well, my Halo Edition 360 just decided to RROD on me. See crappy pic attached.

I feel your pain Ninja.

Ninja Scroll
08-09-2008, 06:40 PM
:crying: Misery loves company, but I can't feel any better with someone else getting the RROD! Worst part is you actually bought that ugly ass Halo Edition 360. :(
Dude, what is that sitting next to your 360 on the right side? That is a huge bookshelf entertainment center! :eek: I thought about posting a pic of my 360 when it just died, but I was too ticked off to go get the digital camera, then upload it on the laptop, then JPG the joint.

Did you already ship it out yet? Man, that sucks. I wonder if the new 60GB 360's have the new crap inside to avoid this and many other hardware failure issues?

mattgame
08-09-2008, 07:28 PM
My PS3 has never RROD'ed on me.:whistle:

gameking28
08-09-2008, 07:34 PM
On the right of the picture is my TV. It's actually on the left but the camera on my laptop flips the picture for some reason. There's normally a PS3 and Wii to accompany the 360 but I hooked those up to another TV last night.
I bought the Halo Edition more or less because I was going to the Halo 3 launch event in Hollywood and thought it would be cool to get a Halo 360 signed by some of the developers of the game. So I sold my Zero Hour launch system (which also went RROD on me the previous January) and bought it.

I'm going to call XBox support right now to send it back.

gameking28
08-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Compliments of SpaceGhost2K:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/th_BillyG.jpg (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/BillyG.jpg)

Ninja Scroll
08-09-2008, 09:18 PM

Matt Hardy, go kill yo self dude, no one is coppin a ps3! Get over it! :rolleyes:

On the right of the picture is my TV. It's actually on the left but the camera on my laptop flips the picture for some reason. There's normally a PS3 and Wii to accompany the 360 but I hooked those up to another TV last night.
I bought the Halo Edition more or less because I was going to the Halo 3 launch event in Hollywood and thought it would be cool to get a Halo 360 signed by some of the developers of the game. So I sold my Zero Hour launch system (which also went RROD on me the previous January) and bought it.

I'm going to call XBox support right now to send it back.

Damn, everyone seems to have gotten burned multiple times by the RROD! this is my 2nd, your 2nd. Shiit is crazy son!
Was the Zero Hour Launch 360 any different from the regular retail editions?
MS deserves to have the multi billion dollar loss for their fucck ups with the high failure rate of their 360's.

They are going to have some convincing to do when the next Xbox console launches.
I predict it will be called Xbox 1080 or one of my favorite names from the last gen "Xbox NeXt".

mattgame
08-09-2008, 09:34 PM
I mean at least I have a system that works! Sounds like you might need to take that little red pill!!:cheers:

gameking28
08-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Was the Zero Hour Launch 360 any different from the regular retail editions?

Exactly the same as the regular retail ones... they were actually sold to us by Best Buy on site. I don't really know why I included the fact that it was a Zero Hour console since there wasn't anything special about it. I guess it's just the way I've always referred to it.

Ninja Scroll
08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I mean at least I have a system that works! Sounds like you might need to take that little red pill!!:cheers:

It's probably a great thing you have a ps3 for your confidence, and a real reason to not kill yourself yet, since you suck at 360 games **cough**NinjaGaiden2**cough** you need an inferior console with lame titles that you can do decent on. ;)

Exactly the same as the regular retail ones... they were actually sold to us by Best Buy on site. I don't really know why I included the fact that it was a Zero Hour console since there wasn't anything special about it. I guess it's just the way I've always referred to it.

Your just being technical. that's how I am. Did you get your confirmation email and UPS shipping info yet? I got mines about 2-3 hrs after I reported by phone about the RROD.
Dont remind me about BestBuy, I love dem and all, but they screwed me over the day the 360 launched.

I was in line ( got in line at around 6:30am) and when they passed out the tickets they ran out of Pro HDD SKU's when they got to me. They gave me a ticket for the barebones model.
So what I did was throw it away and stayed in line incase someones credit card or debit card was denied which was exactly what happened!!!!

When I got to the line for my turn dem biitch ass muva****az said I couldnt get it cause I got rid of my ticket even though I was buying several games at the same time which I still did!
Co-ck suckaz! That's why I didnt get my 360 till 12/23/08, and that was cause of a friend of mines that worked at circuit city held one for me.

mattgame
08-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Ouch. Ninja. Ouch.:(

gameking28
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Dude, I'm having a bad weekend.

My 360 RROD'd on me. And yes, I got the UPS label from MS Ninja - I'll be sending it off to Texas tomorrow.

Now my PS3 has decided to stop playing DVDs and Blu-Rays. It seems to load games up no problem, but put a DVD in and it freezes up.
On top of that, the console only has a 1 year warranty and you have to keep your original store receipt to send it in for service.

One thing that can be said for MS, they stand by their high-failure rate consoles and fix em. I'm basically getting the finger from Sony. :mad:

mattgame
08-10-2008, 10:07 PM
That finger, are they jammin the ol dirthole with it or are they just showin it to you?

gameking28
08-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Naa, although if it was a serious PS3 problem they would have. Out of warranty my ass.
Their support page was useless: "reload the factory settings... if that doesn't work your PS3 needs to be repaired!"
It was a problem with my video settings. For some reason it played games just fine but when it tried to play any kind of DVD it crapped out.

Wish my RROD problems was this easy to fix. :p

mattgame
08-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Naa, although if it was a serious PS3 problem they would have. Out of warranty my ass.
Their support page was useless: "reload the factory settings... if that doesn't work your PS3 needs to be repaired!"
It was a problem with my video settings. For some reason it played games just fine but when it tried to play any kind of DVD it crapped out.

Wish my RROD problems was this easy to fix. :p

Oh damn, I hope my PS3 never goes on the blink!!

Ninja Scroll
08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
It only took 13 calendar days, and I finally got my 360 Elite back today. Lazy ass MS just sent a new console and called it a day.
Now I can finally get back to my achievement whoring ways. Almost 2 weeks.
I was patient. Was quicker than I thought.
Hopefully no more RROD's for me. :watchout:

frag yo mamma 2
08-19-2008, 06:27 PM
hmmm... do u have proper venting? :/ leave it on alot?

mattgame
08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
He plays more than he plays with his PS3 that's fo' sho!