PDA

View Full Version : More Proof of Fanboys Here!

FlyBoy
03-07-2002, 11:54 PM
I went to Gamespot (not a normal thing) just to check out some reviews. When I checked out my first rating, I said to myself, "Wow! Gamespot gave THPS3 a 9.6 in their review! Amazing! Especially for an xbox game!"

Then...

I took a stroll over to the reviews for GC and PS2... low and behold, GC's version had a rating of 9.0 (not bad, but its to be expected from a less powerful, kiddy machine). Wait! Here' the good part... I took another stroll over to PS2 thinking there was no way PS2 could have a higher rating especially with the XBox's graphical capabilities. WHAT!?! They gave PS2's version a 10! A perfect score?!? What the heck are they thinking!?!

SOOOOOO, just more proof Gamespot is a biased fanboy only site. Anyone have suggestions for places with a good rating system (other than here, I already go to the reviews here non-stop):D

Heyyoudvd
03-08-2002, 12:01 AM
wow, you really are a stupid fanboy.

thunderkiss2k1
03-08-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
wow, you really are a stupid fanboy.

Man, you are just as bad as Smilebit. And just as blind.

Mercury
03-08-2002, 05:30 AM
Old news. We all know how biased gamespot is and this is a patheticly obvious proof that it's the truth.

JJaX
03-08-2002, 09:55 AM
When the PS2 Version was reviewed it was still a new experience for them. Now when they review a port its kinda old news to them thud resulting in a lower score.

FlyBoy
03-08-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
When the PS2 Version was reviewed it was still a new experience for them. Now when they review a port its kinda old news to them thud resulting in a lower score.

True, but considering all 3 were reviewed by the same guy (I failed to mention that earlier), you would expect some consistency and fairness (unless the PS2 version is that much better-I highly doubt it!). Most people have either an XBOX or a PS2 so if he's reviewing for XBOX fans a "timeline of release dates" shouldn't be included in the scoring system.

I know its old news that Gamespot favors PS2, I just think this is a good example of it.

AlBoogy
03-08-2002, 10:28 AM
I think gamespot is somewhat biased but complaining over a 9.6 score,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FlyBoy
03-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
I think gamespot is somewhat biased but complaining over a 9.6 score,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HAHA! I'm picky... I want total equality (and we all know XBOX's release has to look better than PS2's)

Don't get me wrong, I love PS2 also (play it about as much as the box down in my friend's room)... but I also know what its capable of. Oh well...

AlBoogy
03-08-2002, 10:43 AM
"I want total equality"

Here's something to think about,,,, It is impossible for both ps2 and xbox to be equal. Cause we all know XBox is capable of so much more. So do we really want equality? I expect more from the XBox then from the ps2 so thats why I think they score XBox games tougher.

MadDawg276
03-08-2002, 10:47 AM
THPS3 should at least get a higher score for having an extra level and a extra charecter not to mention that load times are faster.

Woocifer
03-08-2002, 11:19 AM
I think it makes sense to take into consideration that they are saying this game was done well on the PS2, and runs to perfection as much as perfect can be.

They aren't however comparing PS2 and Xbox. They are saying on the Xbox, its a 9.6 judging on how well an Xbox game can be shown and played on an Xbox. I mean think about it, if they judged the game the same on the Ps2 and the Xbox, it wouldn't make any sense. It may be the same game, but the idea is they don't judge Xbox games agains Ps2 because there is no point in doing that.

Why would you do that? The Xbox has different and albeit better hardware right now. What they are saying is to the capacity that Ps2 can be run, THP3 is a 10, its using everything the ps2 has and is using it to the best of its ability.

The Xbox score is based upon the same idea...that they are basing it on what the xbox can do and how well THP3 utilizes that. We all know how good the game is, but maybe the presentation isn't ENTIRELY a perfect showing. I can believe it. I don't care either... Why not feel better by NEVER looking at the PS2 section when trying to find an Xbox review. Why even bother to look? It can't be biased because the site is not based on PS2 VS. XBOX and basically it shows that you are looking to crush the PS2 with your XBOX haha who cares? Microsoft has a lot of money to keep its machine going, so pay attention to your own yard instead of worrying about how well the neighbours grass is growing. I hate perfect scores anyway...pure fanboys that do that.

manboy
03-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Dude, it's the same game as the PS2 version, except released months later, with some graphical tweaks and a new level. I don't think it's worth the 9.6 score even, IMO.

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Personally, I don't think any game on the planet deserves a perfect 10. THPS3 must be either mind blowing and completely flawless on the PoS2 or Gamespot are a bunch of idiots :rolleyes:

raVen
03-08-2002, 01:07 PM
If the same guy reviewed all three games, you can imagine how pumped he would have been when playing TH3 for the first time 3 months ago on the PS2. I think its a big ask wanting a perfect 10 for this version when it is practically another port, when the guy has already played the game to death.

You can't say Gamespot is completely biased when they give previews such as the Hunter: The Reckoning (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2851678,00.html) one a while ago:

Spaztic
03-08-2002, 01:26 PM
SOOOOOO, just more proof Gamespot is a biased fanboy only site. Anyone have suggestions for places with a good rating system (other than here, I already go to the reviews here non-stop)

...nothing personal but we are on the xboxaddict forum....go post this on gamespot forum....This is the exact reason I left gamespots forum!

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by raVen
If the same guy reviewed all three games, you can imagine how pumped he would have been when playing TH3 for the first time 3 months ago on the PS2. I think its a big ask wanting a perfect 10 for this version when it is practically another port, when the guy has already played the game to death.

You can't say Gamespot is completely biased when they give previews such as the Hunter: The Reckoning (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2851678,00.html) one a while ago:

Raven...good point about Hunter...the dudes over at Gamespot seem to really like everything about Hunter thus far. I have high anticipation for this game! :)

raVen
03-08-2002, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I saw the "Priceless" video a while back and loved the graphics, but now it appears that this is going to be a hellova fun game. It appears 4 player should prove to be amazingly fun too, oh, and one of the characters wears a trenchcoat! What could be cooler than that?

Spaztic
03-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Go check out the new movies that xbox.ign.com has on hunter, I messed my pants so bad I had to throw them away! They were not locked for igninsiders when I saw them but who knows what they have done since then!

Woocifer
03-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Kinda funny this turned into a Hunter thread...but seriously the game looks like it will at least look really good. The lighting on it looks sharp and detailed properly.

The game, who knows, gameplay, again who knows...but the idea behind a 4 player co-op game is AMAZING. I love co-op games that involve others. It just adds to the entertainment value when you're either yelling at yer friend for bein a dink or kickin the ***** out of everything on the screen. It rocks.

As pointeless and kinda crappy as Fuzion Frenzy can be, when I had a couple people over and played it, it soon became the first game everyone wanted to play in the future.

But you all know this because we're all waiting for online gaming rather impatiently. But this game is going to rock...no stupid split screens, just carnage all at once.