PDA

View Full Version : Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution Faceplate Contest WINNERS

SpaceGhost2K
08-18-2008, 04:45 PM
1 - Symmetric - gets Lincoln poster and signed Napoleon poster.
2 - J1cubed - wants poster
3 - wasabisabi
4 - Variation
5 - Steeps5
6 - Sir Baldo - no poster
7 - gameking28
8 - Not Yellow
9 - Clintman - no poster
10 - KatamariKutie

OK, so here's the deal. This "winner picker" program that goes off the thread doesn't give me address information because it didn't require you to submit that information. I will go make room in my PM box. I will PM all the winners.

When you PM me back, I need your address AND I need to know if you want a poster or not. Because some of the posters were damaged, I want to give them first to the people who really, really want them, and I'll spread out the rest until I run out of good posters. And, if you just say "no, thanks," I just won't send one.

Congratulations to all of the winners. :)

gameking28
08-18-2008, 05:58 PM
That's 2 for you Symm! Congrats! :cheers:

Ok, so who wants to start the bidding for my plate? Anyone? :rofl:
(That's a JOKE by the way)

Symmetric-XBA
08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
1 - Symmetric - gets Lincoln poster and signed Napoleon poster.
2 - J1cubed - wants poster
3 - wasabisabi
4 - Variation
5 - Steeps5
6 - Sir Baldo - no poster
7 - gameking28
8 - Not Yellow
9 - Clintman - no poster
10 - KatamariKutie

OK, so here's the deal. This "winner picker" program that goes off the thread doesn't give me address information because it didn't require you to submit that information. I will go make room in my PM box. I will PM all the winners.

When you PM me back, I need your address AND I need to know if you want a poster or not. Because some of the posters were damaged, I want to give them first to the people who really, really want them, and I'll spread out the rest until I run out of good posters. And, if you just say "no, thanks," I just won't send one.

Congratulations to all of the winners. :)

This is the first thing I've ever won! Thank you to everyone on here for helpin me get though this! Words can't express it......

KatamariKutie
08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
WINNAH WINNAH

WHEEL OF FISH!!!!

I mean a CIV REV Plate WAHOO!!

Clintman
08-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Sweeet. Also the first thing I've ever won, I'm so excited! Hahah. Congrats to everyone who also got a faceplate!

cin84_12
08-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Yay, something else I didn't win. :(

SpaceGhost2K
08-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Yay, something else I didn't win. :(

We already have plates lined up for two additional contests. There will be more chances.

Hey, I need to direct everybody's attention to something. There were numerous wrong entries in the contest. A couple had "Egypt and Rome" for #1 instead of "Cleopatra and Caesar." Most of the incorrect entries were on the rating though. I received numerous entries with the answer "E" when the answer was actually "E+10". When I posted that someone had it incorrect, I got corrected answers back from everyone... but I missed changing one post to reflect that, and that posts happened to be Symmetric's. His post in the thread says "Incorrect," when he actually did submit a subsequent, and correct, entry.

Didn't want to sweep my dumbness under the carpet. We're just the inmates running the Asylum here, and I appreciate the slac... understanding.

:D

MosleyTank
08-19-2008, 12:28 PM
If you got the question wrong you should'nt be able to send another one It should be a one shot deal. It's there own fault for being a dumb ass

SpaceGhost2K
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
If you got the question wrong you should'nt be able to send another one It should be a one shot deal. It's there own fault for being a dumb ass

The object of the contest entries was not to weed out the idiots. It was to encourage people who wanted a plate to visit the official sites to get the answers. And I wouldn't be calling people dumb asses if you can't write a paragraph with proper punctuation, use of contractions and spelling. Srsly.

Besides, it was my contest. I made the rules and MY rules said that you could have another stab at it until you got it correct. If you'd like to see different rules, find a thousand dollars worth of faceplates to give away and $100 worth of shipping and handling, and go for it yourself. We'd be happy to enter and abide by YOUR rules.

Variation-XBA
08-19-2008, 06:17 PM
*does a little dance*

woopwoop! Thanks Space, Xba, and all providers!

Not Yellow
08-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Ah, cool.
Thanks Spacey, and everyone else associated with this.

Congrats to all the other winners.

J1cubed
08-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Wow, I can't believe I won. Thanks Spaceghost and everyone at 2k. Congrats to everyone else that won.

Clintman
08-20-2008, 02:51 AM
I'm an *******, I forgot to thank everybody involved! Thanks guys, I really appreciate all you've done and continue to do to make us feel special :cheers:

wasabisabi
08-20-2008, 03:29 AM
I am new here and it's also my first time ever winning something. Thanks so much, words can't express my appreciation. I'll try to come around more often.

Symmetric-XBA
08-20-2008, 09:21 AM
is it just me or are there multiple wasabisabi's?? i've seen some different spellings on here??

Steeps5
08-20-2008, 05:38 PM
sweet!!! i actually won something. congrats to all the other winners of this contest, and may we all enjoy the faceplates. :hump:

Chris W
08-21-2008, 07:50 PM
damn ****, i was supposed to enter but i was too busy sorting things out for the start of uni lol congrats to everyone and i shall be participating in the next one

btw is this only for Americans?

Variation-XBA
08-21-2008, 08:16 PM
btw is this only for Americans?

Nope, XBA is probably 50% Canadian anyways

Chris W
08-22-2008, 06:52 AM
Nope, XBA is probably 50% Canadian anyways

i'm not Canadian either lol do you ship to the U.K or is it too expensive?

Fargoth
08-22-2008, 10:23 AM
is it just me or are there multiple wasabisabi's?? i've seen some different spellings on here??

Theres Wasabi_ the one who made my sig. And theres his faceplate counterpart.

SpaceGhost2K
08-22-2008, 05:00 PM
i'm not Canadian either lol do you ship to the U.K or is it too expensive?

I do, but if someone overseas wants to throw me a couple of bucks to help cover shipping, I'd be grateful, but it's not a necessity.

Not Yellow
09-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I got my faceplate and posters in the mail yesterday, and I am thoroughly pleased.
Thanks Ed, XBA, and everyone else involved!

:cheers:

SpaceGhost2K
09-10-2008, 01:15 PM
You're very welcome. :)

Variation-XBA
09-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Mine arrived today, thanks again Spacey, 2k, and the rest of the people involved! #240/2000!

Clintman
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Got mine in the mail today, it looks awesome! Thanks again to everyone involved, and I appreciate that you paid for shipping.

JakofallAces
09-15-2008, 03:03 PM
hey just wondering was i booted from the contest when i got banned??

SpaceGhost2K
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
hey just wondering was i booted from the contest when i got banned??

I was going to make that decision if I drew the ten names and you were on the list, but you weren't. I think if you HAD been on the list, I would have had to redraw, because the rule for any website contest is that you have to be a member in good standing at the time of the drawing.

We've got a couple more contests up our sleeves though. Plus, if you go to xbox360achievements.org, they're running a drawing for five of the Rise of the Argonauts plates. So just keep trying.

JakofallAces
09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I was going to make that decision if I drew the ten names and you were on the list, but you weren't. I think if you HAD been on the list, I would have had to redraw, because the rule for any website contest is that you have to be a member in good standing at the time of the drawing.

We've got a couple more contests up our sleeves though. Plus, if you go to xbox360achievements.org, they're running a drawing for five of the Rise of the Argonauts plates. So just keep trying.

i hate them and already won some really ugly cloning clyde shirt i am done with them

Clintman
09-24-2008, 07:53 PM
unexpected surprise today. I recieved 2 posters in the mail! I'm not sure if they were left over, or if it was a mistake, but I'm not complaining, haha. Thanks again, you made my day!

SpaceGhost2K
09-25-2008, 01:11 AM
I think I sent posters out to everybody except the couple who expressly said they would pass. Weird that it took this long to get there. I hope everybody else got theirs, especially the one signed one.

Clintman
09-25-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I asked to not get the posters and you had that marked down. So this could be a mistake then? They aren't signed btw.

SpaceGhost2K
09-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't have my list right here, but I checked everybody off according to their responses. No big. There was only one signed one out of the twenty posters.

Variation-XBA
09-27-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm pretty sure I asked to not get the posters and you had that marked down. So this could be a mistake then? They aren't signed btw.

Only one of the posters were autographed.

Symmetric-XBA
09-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I have received the posters and have even taken the liberty of framing them. I'm about to throw some gas on the fire for this one, but I am going to be selling the fp and posters. I know I'm going to get a lot of hell from all of you, the only reason I am is b/c I have to head out of the country by next week and if you've ever noticed the price of what a last min. airplane ticket costs to the UK is def. not something cheap. I know you will all flame me for doing this, but this way I wanted it to go to someone on here before I try to sell it on ebay and it goes to someone who wouldn't appreciate it as much as the members here would. I haven't researched how much it would cost to ship the framed posters, but needless to say I will be shipping all items via UPS and insured b/c I refuse from now on to trust my post office in my area. I have already discussed this issue in detail w/ other members and am considering doing a silent auction for this item where users may pm me offers for both framed posters and the fp. Granted this is a bit ahead of myself and come tomorrow or tues. at the latest I will be finding out shipping costs of the 2 posters, and then we can move on from there.

Omen28
09-28-2008, 06:23 PM
If anyone read the first post here I am sorry. symmetric sent me a message and everything is just about worked out. I am sorry for any disrespect I sent Symmetric's way. Please don't think any less of Symmetric. I didn't know some of the facts so I apologize for any disagreements.

Symmetric-XBA
09-28-2008, 06:44 PM
How much do you want? And I would like to know the shipping number for the other plates I ordered, because it has been over a month and you said you would ship it last monday and I still haven't heard anything.

Everybody be careful with this guy.I bought some plates from him and sent him the money and everything but he has yet to ship them. I have sent him various messages and all he had was excuses. Then I sent him one final one saying I am going to open a dispute if you do not send me a tracking number for the plates. Then he responds saying I will ship them tomorrow. Well that was last monday. So this whole thing has taken OVER A MONTH!! So I will probably have to open a dispute on paypal saying I didn't receive my package.

SO ALL I AM SAYING IS BE CAREFUL IF YOU BUY ANYTHING FROM SYMMETRIC!

Lets start the flaming. Excuses?? Obv. you have never had to deal w/ what I've gone through so the fact that you're making these kinds of comments only solidify that. Space as well as others have received their faceplates. You haven't received your package yet? Thank you for letting me know this, esp. by flaming me. Lets not bring up the rude and insensitive msg's you have left me simply b/c I chose to deal w/ more important things that required a more immediate response than your xbl msg's. Your fp are on the way and instead of posting your mailing information here publicly for other's to see I will simply say that after this I will be sending you a PM in regards to your mailing address.

Ok now that the inital beating has been dealt with your question as to how much is it going to cost? You need to read the full post that I did where I clearly stated that I have to find out via ups how much it would cost to ship both framed posters. Untill then I will not be taking offers, hence the reason that I need to get that information first. After that has been established I'm doing a silent auction where offers will be taken into account via pm only. I figured that this will also help me to establish relations w/ other members who a) may be new to the site as well as other members and b) allow people who do not have this the chance to obtain it.

Omen28
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Lets start the flaming. Excuses?? Obv. you have never had to deal w/ what I've gone through so the fact that you're making these kinds of comments only solidify that. Space as well as others have received their faceplates. You haven't received your package yet? Thank you for letting me know this, esp. by flaming me. Lets not bring up the rude and insensitive msg's you have left me simply b/c I chose to deal w/ more important things that required a more immediate response than your xbl msg's. Your fp are on the way and instead of posting your mailing information here publicly for other's to see I will simply say that after this I will be sending you a PM in regards to your mailing address.

Ok now that the inital beating has been dealt with your question as to how much is it going to cost? You need to read the full post that I did where I clearly stated that I have to find out via ups how much it would cost to ship both framed posters. Untill then I will not be taking offers, hence the reason that I need to get that information first. After that has been established I'm doing a silent auction where offers will be taken into account via pm only. I figured that this will also help me to establish relations w/ other members who a) may be new to the site as well as other members and b) allow people who do not have this the chance to obtain it.

Sent you a pm and fixed my post. Again sorry but its going to be 2 months now so i am just getting antsy I guess.

JakofallAces
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
i hate to be spacey here guys but just calm down, we dont want any heated fights on these forums or you'll get like i did BANNED, anyways i am sure everything will resolve itself dont be all hasty to file complaints and such, just wait a bit if nothing happens ask nicely dont demand or threaten, things like these have a way of fixing themselves out. no need for flaming

Omen28
09-28-2008, 07:56 PM
i hate to be spacey here guys but just calm down, we dont want any heated fights on these forums or you'll get like i did BANNED, anyways i am sure everything will resolve itself dont be all hasty to file complaints and such, just wait a bit if nothing happens ask nicely dont demand or threaten, things like these have a way of fixing themselves out. no need for flaming

Yeah everything is almost worked out. It just been 2 months and I haven't received anything so I just assumed the worst with everything that has happened, not even a tracking number but we are working it out.

Symmetric-XBA
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Hope you enjoy the fp omen, i didn't know if you had one of those fp's so i decided to throw it in as a lil bonus. I framed the poster (only the signed one, not both), however, I doubt that ppl will want to pay the extra shipping charges for the poster though so if ppl want the fp and posters send me a msg. and let me know your offer and if you want it framed or not.

SpaceGhost2K
10-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Speaking of which, I got J1Cubed's poster back as undeliverable, but not the plate. I wasn't given a real "name" or email, so except for this place, I have no way of getting hold of him/her.

Symmetric-XBA
10-16-2008, 04:45 AM
"here comes santa claus, here comes santa claus, right down santa claus lane....." lol sent ya a msg. space.