PDA

View Full Version : My full version arcade games turned into trials?

wasabi_
08-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I had a bunch of full version arcade games, which i rarely played. However, now that I check, they are trials now.

The only thing I can think of that caused it was when my xbox red ringed and I got a replacement unit from microsoft.

Anyone know how to fix this, other then paying another 40 bucks for the games?

Enamelized420-XBA
08-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Since you had to swap consoles when it was sent in for the RROD once putting your HardDrive back on it you have yo go back and choose DL but it won't charge you for it again as your GT is linked when it was originally purchased.

If I remember right though you will be like me and other that can now only play those Arcade games on Live and not Online. This is a big F up on MS's part that will hopefully be addressed at some point and time. Hope this helps.

wicked_d365
08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
You need to transfer your licenses. They are all assigned to your old system, you need to follow the instructions on the xbox sit and all will be well, just did mine a week ago.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Enamelized420-XBA
08-19-2008, 01:32 PM
thanks Wicked I learned something New today, as I asked around and never was referred there. Now I might actually play a few of the Arcade games that I hadn't in awhile... Appreciate it.

Variation-XBA
08-19-2008, 07:15 PM
They were supposed to do that for you when it's in repair, so you can always call and ask why they didnt.

But yes, follow the link and move your licences to the new console and you are set