PDA

View Full Version : how do u people find these??

frag yo mamma 2
08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
man, im new here... so this mst be a nub thing.. but were the heck do u find these plates at??? heck i just wanted a few customized ones, lol and u guys got that, and some other sick stuff!!!! - i want to join lol

gameking28
08-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Well you came to the right place!
Welcome, pull up a strait jacket and stay awhile!

Most of the plates can be found on eBay. A lot of the customs are done by folks around here (SpaceGhost2K, MyPaintEffects, etc.). You'll catch on quick. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions, most of the regulars don't bite. ;)

Variation-XBA
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Don't be afraid to ask questions, most of the regulars don't bite. ;)

Some of us prefer to ;)

SpaceGhost2K
08-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Most of us have some kind of "connections," but they're connections that we forged ourselves. They didn't fall into our laps. The whole idea of this site is to bring people together to share connections and grow the whole hobby.

There's eBay, there are retail stores (game stores only at this point), events, customizers online, websites that give them away, importers, preorder opportunities, bundle opportunities. Lots of ways to start a new collection.

frag yo mamma 2
08-19-2008, 09:36 PM
how can i get a customized plate? :D with my GT on it

SpaceGhost2K
08-20-2008, 02:37 PM
how can i get a customized plate? :D with my GT on it

Well, you could make one. Or you could pay one of us to make you one. Most of my customs start at $40 and go up if there is elaborate art, Swarovski crystals, toys, figures, sculpting, etc.

If you just want your name on it, use some colored Sharpee pens. Or take a few pieces of masking tape and tape them side by side so you have a sheet. Spray your plate and let it dry. Cut out the letters of your gamertag and stick them on the plate. Spray it again and let it dry. They peel the letters off. Or go to Michael's and get you some letters. There's lots of ways to do it. Most game stores should still have some kind of a faceplate for less than ten buxks that you can use, and read the "Tutorial" thread for more ideas.