PDA

View Full Version : Immersion to pay Microsoft $21 million, Sony groans

Not Yellow
08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Immersion, the company that owns virtually every vibration and haptic tech on earth, is getting a taste of its own medicine now that it owes Microsoft $21 million. You may remember back in 2003 when Microsoft floated an unknown sum of cash in the direction of Immersion in order to include patented vibration technology in its Xbox 360 controllers. Around the same time, Sony told us all that we don't need no stinkin' vibration and passed on paying up. Last year, though, Sony bowed to customer pressure and paid Immersion $121 million in order to unleash the Dual Shock 3. Immersion was supposed to share some of that Sony booty with Microsoft -- and they didn't. So there we have it: we all got a piece of Sony and we have the DualShock 3. Everyone happy now?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/27/immersion-to-pay-microsoft-21-million-sony-groans/

SamSmith
08-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Interesting news.

What did you do to your hair?

Not Yellow
08-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Interesting news.

What did you do to your hair?

I shaved it all off.:cool:

mattgame
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
RAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

GamerSince'76
09-11-2008, 05:30 PM
"Immersion, the company that owns virtually every vibration and haptic tech on earth"

My ex-wife owned the rest of the vibration devices. I'm not sure what "haptic" means but if it's another word for butt plug, my wife had lots of those too.

Variation-XBA
09-12-2008, 01:19 AM
My ex-wife owned the rest of the vibration devices. I'm not sure what "haptic" means but if it's another word for butt plug, my wife had lots of those too.

LOL!!! :hail::hail: