PDA

View Full Version : Would you like pain in video games?

UltraMuffin
03-08-2002, 06:35 AM
I just read about this thing on Slashdot.org

"If you enjoy gaming and pain, this is for you. Two German designers have developed the Painstation, which is basically a revamped Pong. Except for one major difference - The PEU(Pain Execution Unit), which delivers a dose of pain to your left hand in the form of heat, punches or electroshock, when you mess up."

http://www.painstation.de/

Now, how many of you would like this sort of technology for an Xbox controller? I think it would be great! Especially for multiplayer games... I'm sure nothing like this would ever be introduced by a major company since there would be lawsuits aplenty... but ehhh... I can dream.

Mercury
03-08-2002, 08:02 AM
BRING ON THE PAIN!!!

Hugh_Jass
03-08-2002, 08:39 AM
This isn't a good idea. We've got enough to worry about with repetitive stress injuries without adding electrical shocks to the mix.

Spaztic
03-08-2002, 09:15 AM
Yeah pain isn't a good idea. I died like 5 times on max payne last night trying to beat this one part. I would have probably been dead by the time I beat the chapter!

03-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Pain is good, unless it hurts on the inside...*sniff*

LynxFX
03-08-2002, 01:18 PM
What is wrong with some people? :D

GokuX
03-08-2002, 01:23 PM
It'd be a lawyers dream come true if they released it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Terminator
03-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Anyone for it is a Sadist.

LynxFX
03-09-2002, 01:01 AM
This is just scary:

"I think this really explains the appeal of something like the Painstation," said its co-inventor Tilman Reiff. "When you're playing in public against a friend with people cheering you on, it's very hard to throw in the towel without putting up a good fight. I've seen people leave the table with blood on their hands and their skin completely raw because they didn't want to back down in front of an audience."
Oh sounds like so much fun. :rolleyes:

Dre
03-09-2002, 01:04 AM
Sure... maybe they could invent the 0rgasmstation.. now that would get some sellers.... bring back the Leisure Suit Larry series... hehehe... and don't pretend you don't know what I be talkin bout :)

TRUE_GAMER
03-09-2002, 08:49 AM
Funny you should ask I just read a couple days ago about a controller that will be able to shock you. It works somewhat like the rumble feature. I did not read it on the net but I have the mag at home. I'll have to get the rest of the info later to back up my words.

Hugh_Jass
03-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Sure... maybe they could invent the 0rgasmstation.. now that would get some sellers.... bring back the Leisure Suit Larry series... hehehe... and don't pretend you don't know what I be talkin bout :)

I would never leave the house. :D

UltraMuffin
03-09-2002, 10:20 AM
I thought the OrgasmStation was called your hand :D
My mistake!

MixMasta
03-09-2002, 10:46 AM
to continue on what True_Gamer said, they are developing a controller that has shock feedback. It is being developed by Mad Catz. Wheteher it will come out, that will be a differnet story. If you have the april oxm, go to page 92 where the letters are and read about it in the box that says SHOCKING!

Plewis
03-09-2002, 10:58 AM
reminds me of one of those old james bond's with seam connery... I can't remember the one but him and a bad guy play a game, and they have to hold on to the joystick nomatter what pain the get, and if they let go they lose.. but there is a game going on the whole time. I wouldn't buy that pain thing. How would that be used on NBA 2k2... at least 50 pts a game... divided by 2... you'd at least get shocked about 25 times... OW! Or Fuzion Frenzy:confused:

Toder
03-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Hell yeah. Thats what they need for an Xbox game. What was better than trying to get Leisure Suit Larry laid. I remember in the first one you start off buy doing a hooker and if you didn't go buy a condom first, you died from aids.

TRUE_GAMER
03-10-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
to continue on what True_Gamer said, they are developing a controller that has shock feedback. It is being developed by Mad Catz. Wheteher it will come out, that will be a differnet story. If you have the april oxm, go to page 92 where the letters are and read about it in the box that says SHOCKING!

Thanks Yo I forgot to look for the info. I'm glad someone else read that. Good looking out..