PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember the guy that went to El Salvador?

GamerSince'76
09-07-2008, 12:07 AM
I was really active here. Then when I was in El Salvador, I couldn't log on here because of the ' in my username. I was using a keyboard set up for Spanish.

Long story short, I came home and had problems with MS not sending me a Play & Charge kit (10 months ans still nothing) so I bought a PS3 after trading in my 360.

I really ended up missing games like Gears and Halo 3. I had a huge credit at Blockbuster and bought an Elite tonight. It runs cool and quiet. It is new and sealed but the manufacture date is January of this year. Did I still get a decent motherboard?

I hope some of you remember me, if not I am looking forward to making new friends.

LINKINPARK8591
09-07-2008, 01:20 AM
welcome back man good to have ya back

GamerSince'76
09-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks. The price drop put me over the edge. I missed Halo 3 really badly. MGS$ has superb graphics but the gameplay doesn't compare.

How about the fact my console was made in January. Do I have a bad motheboard?

frag yo mamma 2
09-07-2008, 03:28 AM
gt frag yo mamma 2

dunno...

Shawn-XBA
09-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Welcome back man, glad to have you back!

SamSmith
09-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Hey man, was wondering where you had gone. Nice to see you back :)

tsrdawg
09-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks. The price drop put me over the edge. I missed Halo 3 really badly. MGS$ has superb graphics but the gameplay doesn't compare.

How about the fact my console was made in January. Do I have a bad motheboard?

Dont know if this will answer your question...click on the link..it seems that your Elite has either the falcon or jasper chipset...failure rate is about 10%...a helluva lot better than the xbox2's made in 2005-2006.

Personally, I'll wait for the Valhalla chipset, scheduled to begin production next year.

Peace.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/5/

Enamelized420
09-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Welcome back and glad to have you joining up with us again... I too think your Elite Falls into a good production time but could be wrong with that.

Enjoy and hope to see you around man...

Fargoth
09-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Gamers back YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaY!!

GamerSince'76
09-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Today I bought Gears, Alone in the Dark and Halo 3.

It's nice to have a 360 again. :cheers:

Fargoth
09-07-2008, 07:47 PM
We actually thought you fell in the volcano like you said.

GamerSince'76
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
We actually thought you fell in the volcano like you said.

I got really ticked at MS when I got home and there was no Play & Charge kit but missing out on great games like Gears and Halo 3 hurt me more than it hurt MS. I will say one thing, rather than trusting any company again by paying for postage and waiting, I'll do "the switch". I get a new replacement product the same day and they get their defective product back.

I have enjoyed owning a PS3 but times have changed. Sony does not have the great games anymore. It's like the 360 is the PS2 and the PS3 is the GC. Things have changed.

Variation-XBA
09-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Welcome back

laughs
09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
You son of a *****! You said if you didn't come back, you fell in a volcano... I thought something terrible had happened to you. :cry:

Variation-XBA
09-11-2008, 01:10 AM
You son of a *****! You said if you didn't come back, you fell in a volcano... I thought something terrible had happened to you. :cry:

Can we throw you in a Volcano?

LINKINPARK8591
09-11-2008, 03:07 PM
can i throw var in the volcano if he doesn't start posting something in the babe thread?

GamerSince'76
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM

Wow. Did I say that? Seriously I was wondering why everyone was mentioning volcanoes.

If it's any consolation, I had diarrea for most of the trip. Nothing I ate or drank, I just rarely have a solid bowel movement. Then I got the flu and my brother-in-law who is a doctor gave me a needle in the butt (I hope it was a needle as we shared a smoke afterwards). Then TACA (shiatty airline) gave me a printed paper since my ticket got lost and then the paper they gave me wasn't good enough to get on the plane. We paid like $55 and sat in first class. So that part was good on good.

laughs
09-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Can we throw you in a Volcano?

Are you coming onto me?

GamerSince'76... Seriously, you should take a Cod Liver Oil pill every day... You wouldn't believe how great they make you feel. It's insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GamerSince'76
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Are you coming onto me?

GamerSince'76... Seriously, you should take a Cod Liver Oil pill every day... You wouldn't believe how great they make you feel. It's insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yeah people swear by them....what does it help with? Digestion? I swear sometime I'm one cough away from changing my underwear.

laughs
09-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah people swear by them....what does it help with? Digestion? I swear sometime I'm one cough away from changing my underwear.

Cod liver oil has many health benefits. It is rich in essential fatty acids as well as vitamin A and D. The omega-3 fatty acids in cod liver oil provide nutrition for the heart and reduce the risk of heart disease. Cod liver oil is beneficial for people who experience chronic joint pain or inflamed joints. The vitamin A content of cod liver oil provides a boost for the immune system and enhances memory function. Cod liver oil also improves learning and promotes normal brain development. It is also helpful for people who experience inflammatory skin disorders.

I'm with you on the cough thing :cheers:

GamerSince'76
09-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Cod liver oil has many health benefits. It is rich in essential fatty acids as well as vitamin A and D. The omega-3 fatty acids in cod liver oil provide nutrition for the heart and reduce the risk of heart disease. Cod liver oil is beneficial for people who experience chronic joint pain or inflamed joints. The vitamin A content of cod liver oil provides a boost for the immune system and enhances memory function. Cod liver oil also improves learning and promotes normal brain development. It is also helpful for people who experience inflammatory skin disorders.

I'm with you on the cough thing :cheers:

Thanks for the info laughs. I'll probably give it a go. :cheers:

LINKINPARK8591
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Wow. Did I say that? Seriously I was wondering why everyone was mentioning volcanoes.

If it's any consolation, I had diarrea for most of the trip. Nothing I ate or drank, I just rarely have a solid bowel movement. Then I got the flu and my brother-in-law who is a doctor gave me a needle in the butt (I hope it was a needle as we shared a smoke afterwards). Then TACA (shiatty airline) gave me a printed paper since my ticket got lost and then the paper they gave me wasn't good enough to get on the plane. We paid like $55 and sat in first class. So that part was good on good.

****sound of static****

we interrupt your thread to inform you that our brother, gamersince 76 is having unusual bowel movements. This announcement is brought to you by gamersince 76 in cooperation with XBA. We now return you to your thread.

****sound of static****

Conchord
09-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Are you ****ting me? GC is the only console from that generation that I still play... love it.

GamerSince'76
09-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey guys. I'm posting video game reviews on MySpace. Hit me up with a friends request. OK

http://www.myspace.com/videogamereviews129