PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fever 2003!!!

Mercury
03-08-2002, 09:09 AM
Check it out here at xboxaddict. They just announced it. I think that's great for the xbox that a quality football game like that will be added to and brought again to the xbox.

And with online play!!!!!!!!!!

AlBoogy
03-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Hey Mercury, you do realize that Nfl Fever was made by Microsoft right? It's like Gameday for Sony. 989 is owned by Sony. So you know that every year Gameday will be coming to PS2.

Mercury
03-08-2002, 09:28 AM
Well duh! Of course I do. But you never know what they might decide. It's just nice to know that they aren't throwing in the towel on Fever.

khaos2005
03-08-2002, 09:29 AM
I know I'm looking forward to it.

JJaX
03-08-2002, 09:37 AM
Fever was the worst game ever.

Ill pass on this one.

MaddenFanatic
03-08-2002, 10:04 AM
fever 2003 having online play is big...if madden 2003 doesnt have that option than i might be changing my forum name...

I would love to get you guys online for some football tournaments...

xboxer2002
03-08-2002, 10:12 AM
I think fever was wayyyyy over hyped.I thought madden and nfl 2k2 had better graphics.In fever,the guys ran like they were constipated and all looked like gorillas in the face.None of them looked like themselves in real life.Take a look at NFL 2k2.Now that's what a game should look like.And madden is quite awesome to.I can't wait for madden or 2k2 and well fever.......hmmmmmmm..... IT JUST BLOWS!!!!

JJaX
03-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by xboxer2002
I think fever was wayyyyy over hyped.I thought madden and nfl 2k2 had better graphics.In fever,the guys ran like they were constipated and all looked like gorillas in the face.None of them looked like themselves in real life.Take a look at NFL 2k2.Now that's what a game should look like.And madden is quite awesome to.I can't wait for madden or 2k2 and well fever.......hmmmmmmm..... IT JUST BLOWS!!!!

You da man xboxer2002!

I hate fever with a passion and i think anyone who actually enjoys this game is a tool. Its got the gameplay of Pong and the animations are crap. (watch out for that one tackle animation!) The sound of the hits is weak as hell. If you enjoy yourself while you play fever maybe you really dont get football.

I could go on about this pathetic football game but id be here all day. Bottom line, Fever is for people that "think" they understand football. (thats why they dont see all the gameplay flaws)

canes56
03-08-2002, 10:52 AM
Some people fail to realize that this was MS first attempt at a console Football tile. I think they did a great job and you if stop and think about it you might just agree. Football titles get better with age and feedback from the consumer. (except 989 sports) I think this game has promise or at least it will make Madden work on there collision engine, because the tackles suck in Madden and for that matter Sega has it's collision problems to. To me you can't have to many football titles out there. I liked all three for different reasons, but the first one to incorporate all the best features from all the football games out there will be The Gridiron King.

JJaX
03-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by canes56
Madden work on there collision engine, because the tackles suck in Madden and for that matter Sega has it's collision problems to.

WTF are you oN bOY?

The collision engine is sweet in madden. Tackles feel solid and realistic.

Oh, and welcome to the boards :D

AlBoogy
03-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Off Topic for a quick second,,,,

A fellow canes fan in the forums! Woohoo its about time! Welcome canes56!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJaX
03-08-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Off Topic for a quick second,,,,

A fellow canes fan in the forums! Woohoo its about time! Welcome canes56!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLC Utah?????? CANE??? WHAT??

canes56
03-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Next time you are playing Madden run an instant replay. The guy falls before he is even touched! I was born and raised in Miami and went to U of M. I have traded sun and fun for a little snowboarding and Rock climbing, but I will be back to my Home land in a few years JJAX.

canes56
03-08-2002, 11:04 AM
AlBoogey,

Good to see a fellow Canes Fan Also!!!

AlBoogy
03-08-2002, 11:06 AM
Hope you make it back in time for our home game against the Gators in 2 years. We will kick some ass and chew bubble gum.

JJaX
03-08-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by canes56
Next time you are playing Madden run an instant replay. The guy falls before he is even touched! I was born and raised in Miami and went to U of M. I have traded sun and fun for a little snowboarding and Rock climbing, but I will be back to my Home land in a few years JJAX.

Do you notice it during actual gameplay? NO

Who gives 2 s4its about super slow motion hit detection crap. PLay the dam game.

AlBoogy
03-08-2002, 11:14 AM
JJax you like madden or 2k series better?

canes56
03-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Do you notice it during actual gameplay? NO

Who gives 2 s4its about super slow motion hit detection crap. PLay the dam game.

You are right about that, but when you are playing and friends and family want to see what the hit looked like in slow mo and you find yourself explaining if console and games have come so far why is that replay look so fake, then I think just maybe they might have a point. If you read my first post correctly you would have noticed I said "I liked all three games"

xboxer2002
03-08-2002, 11:41 AM
I said It once and I'll say It again.Madden and NFL 2K2 are by far superior to fever.Madden's collision detection is the bomb.And NFL 2K2's collision detection is just as great.And ya, that fever animation tackle,You would think that the field was on fire,STOP DROP AND ROLL.Madden and 2K2 just feel like real football to me.Also look at the faces in fever.They all look like they have dracula teeth.

JJaX
03-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Madden 2002 all the Way man.

I plays like real football. You can actually see plays develop and every Defensive postion can be played how its supposed to be played. The run game is amazing and passing requires skillz.

-=Madden 4 LiFe=-

The 2k games by sega are ok. But theres little things taht annoy me. For example the Spin just voids a tackle (defense men just dives into him with no effect). But in madden a spin done right will avoid the tackle like in a real game.

AlBoogy
03-08-2002, 11:58 AM
Ok, just wondering. I used to like the madden series but then EA decided not to make games for the dreamcast. I vowed never to buy another EA product again. (Although if college football comes out for xbox i might just have to break my vow)

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 12:04 PM
I own NFL Fever 2002...love it...and, it's has fulfilled my football gaming interests very well, personally. The last football game I bought was Madden 97...so, it has been a long time since I bought a football game. I have played Madden, and while I like it, I wasn't interested since it is a direct port of the PoS2...I also wanted to see what Microsoft had in their pockets.

While Fever may have it's flaws, it's still Microsoft's first run at this. Personally, I think they did very well as I enjoy the game. Is it an NFL 2K2 or Madden? Well, not quite, as I have played all three. But, graphically, I love the game...the fluid movements of the players is nice, too.

I will also admit that Fever has gotten me back in the football genre...and, I can't wait to play Fever 2002 on-line!! This is HUGE!!! :)

scarecrow kfj
03-08-2002, 12:44 PM
Max this summer it looks like we will finialy be able to play...lol I perfer fever for the simple fact it has more of a running game. Not to mention how stiff madden runs I feel like I am playing madden on NES. I will admit I only played the 2002 madden on P2 but I hated it there 2001 was much better. 2k series I loved on DC but From the looks of what I saw I didnt see much change. Grant it I havnt played it yet but that is due to the fact I have no desire to rent it when I already have a football game that I love. Oh and max get ready cause you going to get stuffed buster.. lol

JJaX
03-08-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by scarecrow kfj
I perfer fever for the simple fact it has more of a running game. Not to mention how stiff madden runs I feel like I am playing madden on NES.

Maddens running game is leagues beyond Fevers. In fever you leap or to a weak ass spin that makes you invinciple for half a second and break any tackle. Im sorry but if you know how to run in madden its the bomb. Try it out sometime, Stiff arms actually keep defenders away, Jukes work great. And getting 3 to 5 yards per run then breaking a 40+ yard run is considered a good thing. Madden keeps its realistic and fun.

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by scarecrow kfj
Max this summer it looks like we will finialy be able to play...lol I perfer fever for the simple fact it has more of a running game. Not to mention how stiff madden runs I feel like I am playing madden on NES. I will admit I only played the 2002 madden on P2 but I hated it there 2001 was much better. 2k series I loved on DC but From the looks of what I saw I didnt see much change. Grant it I havnt played it yet but that is due to the fact I have no desire to rent it when I already have a football game that I love. Oh and max get ready cause you going to get stuffed buster.. lol

Dude, you are the first person I thougth of when I read this post, Scarecrow! :D What a coincidence! Well, yes, we will finally get to show eachother who's the REAL man...I'll even play with the Seattle Seahawks to give you that extra edge that you may need ;)

Ah, yes...bring on the good old trash slingin'!! :D

scarecrow kfj
03-08-2002, 01:42 PM
yup its getting time. So you might as well start thinking up reasons on why you lost.. lol cause you are going to need a whole lot of them.

Brevity
03-08-2002, 02:24 PM
The only thing I did not like was that every team had the same plays, and that you could not change them. This new one will be much better,,Now for the excuse to give my local W-M for an exchange?;)