PDA

View Full Version : Smart Xbox?!?!

linkycat
03-08-2002, 11:05 AM
So... What's up with the regional controllers and the Xbox?

Anybody heard about this... I picked up Rallisport challenge yesterday from Target, and came home and played some multiplayer with my girlfriend.

Anyway, point being, My girlfriend will only play with the Japanese controller I imported because her hands are so small. When we went to the controller configuratoin section, It showed a picture of the Jap controller.

The box new which player had which, and was able to graphically assign orders to the different controllers. How did it know?!?

Has anyone else found a game where it shows the controller you are using. I'd love to test it out on a different game. Do you think that maybe this will help break the code so that you can play non-US games on a US console? If the box can recognize different controllers well enough to display that in a game... well I don't know. I'm sort of a technical moron.

I just thought that was terribly interesting.

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 01:08 PM
Wow, that's pretty d a m n cool, dude! I want to buy one of those Japanese controllers, too, for my fourth controller. They are coming to the United States soon...so, that would be a good addition. But, again, that's really cool about Rallisport actually recognizing the controller! I wonder if it does that with 3rd party controllers!?

Definately very cool :cool:

GokuX
03-08-2002, 01:31 PM
Ain't USB great.