PDA

View Full Version : PURE - Buy This Game NOW!

thrAsher
09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
I just had to give you boys a heads up on this game. I'm not one to enjoy racing games, but the demo for this game, along with some pretty good review scores, turned it from off the radar to a day one. It's simply the most fun I've had with a racing game in a loooooong time. Everything about the game screams polish, and everything from the insane amount of air, the sense of speed, the loose and sexy driving, the huge variety of customization options - it's all damn impressive and more importantly, F-U-N.

This game seriously needs your attention. DL the demo and prepare to have a kickass time. I'm off to play.

frag yo mamma 2
09-19-2008, 02:36 PM
<- didnt like it :( l4d>pure

Kamshaft
09-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Apparently you can race up to 16 racers online!
:hail:
That will rock.

Unreal
09-19-2008, 04:07 PM
I am hoping to get online tonight to play it. (retail version). The demo does rock though.

CrazyCougar
09-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah I look forward to playing this one too. Cant wait! Loved the demo and I was a huge fan of the old ATV Offroad Fury game.

OBL infad3ll
09-19-2008, 10:27 PM
<- didnt like it :( l4d>pure

ya but l4d doesnt come out for another 2 months :watchout:

Variation-XBA
09-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Quite liked the demo, just don't have the funds to pick it up right now. Hows the online?

Ainokeatoo
09-20-2008, 02:19 AM
Eh I don't see what's so good about this game, It's a regular atv game, race around a course do stunts and earn boost... It bored me to much to quickly.

thrAsher
09-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Quite liked the demo, just don't have the funds to pick it up right now. Hows the online?

The online is smooth as warm butter, and the graphics don't take the slightest hit. I've yet to play a full room of 16 people, but the game is somewhat niche and has only been out a couple days. I think the game will hit it's stride over the weekend and should stay strong from there. A lot of people are still playing the World Tour to unlock the A-class engines, also. I played a couple hours yesterday to get my A license, and then played way too much online. The most people I had in a match was 13, and it was pretty hectic stuff.

As far as options, you can either go quick match, which puts you into a 'rotating' lobby. That is, the gametype can change from race to race (Race, Sprint, Freestyle), and while you don't go back to the exact same lobby after each race, the game is pretty good about putting you back with people you just raced with. Not sure if this is because of the lack of players at the moment, or what.

You can also choose to just play Race matches, or Sprint matches, or the hell of fun Freestyle matches. There are some custom player match stuff that I didn't even check out, but apparently there is a pseudo free-roam mode.

All in all, just a fun game. I can't believe I played as much as I did yesterday, it's got that 'just one more race' thing going on. Also, as a side note, it's pretty cool to see all the crazy combinations of ATV's people come up with. It's rare to see anyone with the same setup as you.

Kamshaft
09-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Write an XBA review! I'll post it on the front page! Just a short one.

Unreal
09-20-2008, 06:24 PM
ya but l4d doesnt come out for another 2 months :watchout:
What is l4d?

wasabi_
09-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Demo was kind of fun, but I already got a list of games I have to buy and I really wont be able to play much xbox until like January due to college applications/standardized testing/school.

Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears 2, Banjo Kazooie, Left 4 Dead, Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, maybe Mirror's Edge. (I like how all the AAA games that are must-buy are sequels other then Left 4 Dead, where is the originality?)

So I will have quite the backlog by time I play.

Unreal
09-21-2008, 10:50 AM
What is l4d?
Nevermind. I just saw that wasabi has it listed in his list of games he plans on getting. Left 4 Dead. :bang:

thrAsher
09-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Write an XBA review! I'll post it on the front page! Just a short one.

Uh....I might. It wouldn't be for a couple days. I'll see what I can do, though.

Clintman
09-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Tried it at my friend's place, it's really fun. The sense of speed and air are awesome. But some of the races in the last tier are ridiculously hard.

Omen28
09-23-2008, 06:41 PM
I loved the demo, i cant wait for the game. i should get it from gamefly in a few days. i might have to buy it.

mattgame
09-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Can someone buy this for me?

Variation-XBA
09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Can someone buy this for me?

Not till you put out

MXracer721
09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
After reading this thread I'll have to get the demo and give this a shot. I'm not sure I'll like the arcade style play though since I'm a huge fan of Rainbow's MX vs ATV series.

CrazyCougar
09-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I am loving the game. The game tends to have a bit of a rubber band AI but its still a blast to play. Nothing like insane air and larger than life tricks at blazing speeds. This game is easily one of the best off road games I have played since Rallisport.

I honestly think this game buries the MX series in fun factor.

Not to mention the graphics are gorgeous.

justinj1974
09-30-2008, 08:32 AM
just bought the game it looks great i will play it later and let u all know what i think

CrazyCougar
09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Kamshaft and I were playing this earlier today and we had a blast. This really is a ton of fun to play.

wicked_d365
10-01-2008, 09:40 AM
I just rented it last night. I like this one. I need to run through the game to unlock everything so I can keep up.

Anyone down to play tonight? Hit me up WickedD365

wicked_d365
10-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I can't figure out how to make my special trick work. Any help please?

thrAsher
10-02-2008, 01:55 PM
I can't figure out how to make my special trick work. Any help please?

You have to boost into the jump, pre-load, then hit LT & RT while pushing the RS in a direction. Make sure you're going to get some big air, the specials take a while to animate.

Got my highest score in Freestyle online last night (640,000), it was just such a seamless run. I still need to break a million.

CrazyCougar
10-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Finally beat the World Tour. Had one race that just kept eating me up until I found a shortcut that ended up being how they always took the lead back from me even when I thought I was way ahead.

Now I just have to work on some of the tricj achievements. 640,000??? Wow! My best is like 125,000 and thats with a 92,000 combo..LOL!