PDA

View Full Version : fanboy?? what is a "fanboy"

gtaplayer
03-08-2002, 02:30 PM
FANBOY... yes the beloved word everyone uses or gets called at...fanboy...what actually is a fanboy?is it someone that doesnt agree along with what u have to say? it sure sounds like it coming from the mouth of some people here in the forums...and whats up with giving new people a hard time...they come into these boards looking for some nice talk about games and increasing there knowledge about the videogame industry...but yet some people come along and critize them saying..."oh hey ur just new fanboy...just get your post count up a little and then ull be able to give your opioion..." NOW whats up with that?? i heard many poeple say that before and many people said it to me when i came here...but before i actaully joined these boards...i read many topics and threads and made sure i wasnt gonna say anything stupid...back to the meaning fanboy... alot of people use to its extreme...lets try to keep it down huh?

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 02:36 PM
To me, a Fanboy is a person that puts down another console for no reason...even if they have never played on it...

That's just my opinion. But, does it really matter? Personally, I can't stand people that come to this website to put the XBox down. This is an XBox fan site...probably the best on the net with a great sister site: TeamXBox which have mutual respect for one another. And, people that simply come on this site to bash the XBox are nothing but Spammers. Maybe that's what term should be used instead of fanboy... :confused:

JJaX
03-08-2002, 02:42 PM
A fan boy is someone who is biased based on what genre/console they have or enjoy. They arent willing to try new things.

For example Hugh_Jass is a Xbox fan boy because he wont get GTA3 because it was ported from the PS2. He will only play xbox exclusives. (yeah that still bugs me Hugh_Jass)

Thats a fan boy.

Read more here

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8404&pagenumber=2

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

That's right. If I had my way XBOX would have nothing but superior exclusive titles.

:) "Hi!" Hugh_Jass (fanboy Exposed!!!!)

Afro Aura
03-09-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
For example Hugh_Jass is a Xbox fan boy because he wont get GTA3 because it was ported from the PS2. He will only play xbox exclusives. (yeah that still bugs me Hugh_Jass)

Thats a fan boy.

:) "Hi!" Hugh_Jass (fanboy Exposed!!!!)
in all honestly would you play a game that has been ported over from the PS2 with no enhancements I don't think I would, now I did buy Genma Onimusha as there were some really good encahancement for the XBOX

Yes I've played GTA3 on the PS2 and I hope there are some major improvements when it comes over to the XBOX as there is one thing I hate the most and thats lazy programmers

and by the way I aint a fanboy I just want quality from a quality machine

NomadLLama
03-09-2002, 11:29 AM
a fanboy is really someone who goes on the console generator's website forums and start SPAMming everywhere on that site. really, they just hate other consoles becuase they think that their's is the best when really, they have never even played on any other system. wanna see an example? go to xbox.com's forums and if they are still there, (I haven't checked for a while) the gamecube bastards will be putting up 100 messages a time and PS2 fanboys are talking about how the emotion engine is so much "superior". ***gots....

gtaplayer
03-09-2002, 11:31 AM
u guys all sound right to what a fanboy but how each of us xboxers are calling each other fanboys?? whats up with that...we gotta stick together

Razor70
03-09-2002, 01:27 PM
Me...I am proud to say I am a Xbox Fanboy! I will stand up and fight the good fight in the name of Xbox! I wave the Xbox flag proudly anywhere I go, and if I hear someone put the Xbox down I step in and tell them a thing or two! Xbox may have some flaws (not many though) just like any of the other systems..but to me Xbox is the greatest system to come out so far and will be for years to come in my book.

As for buying ports of games from other consoles..sure I will buy a port even if there are not improvements. Why would I want to miss out on a fun game like GTA3. Even if there were no improvements to the game at least I get to play it. That's my opinion on that.