PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space : Who's Buying?

thrAsher
10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
October 14th is right around the corner. I personally can't wait, EA or not I'm going to be all over this game.

wicked_d365
10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm gonna grab it. Looking forward to it.

Whoopage
10-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Buying, no. But I will be playing it.

Shawn-XBA
10-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm going to be picking it up, it looks very good.

Edit: First review for Dead Space is out:

The first verdict for EA's impressive survival horror game is in - and the score should keep fans excited.

The latest Xbox World 360 mag, on shelves today, awards the survival horror game 91%, claiming that Resident Evil developer Capcom should take note, "Because EA can teach them a thing or three about survival horror."

Exploring the decks of the Ishimura is a "nail-biting experience," says the mag, driven forward by the "film-worthy" script and "inspired" setting. "It's Rapture in space: every bit as disturbing, just as meticulously designed and easily as believable.

The strategic dismemberment system, it says, enforces a much more tactical approach and makes other horror game foes look "decidedly average".

"Keeping a clear head sits just below keeping a head at all in the importance stakes," it says. "Because unless you carefully pick the limbs off the approaching enemies you'll find yourself surrounded with an empty cartridge in your weapon.

"The Ishimura has a fully designed vent system which allows monsters to make their own way through the ship. Fail to stop them before they jump into an air duct and they'll pop out behind you minutes later and take two bites out of your arse."

But Dead Space's real showpiece, continues the review, is its Zero G environments. "When the gravity is removed the fun really starts," it says. "Usually the space hopping is combined with a lack of oxygen. If you've not been bolstering your O2 supplied via the BENCH upgrade system, the time limit can make for a tense scramble for the next airlock."

According to the mag the Zero G environments, which it calls Dead Space's "party piece", make up less than the 33% promised by the game's exec producer. It also complains that one boss encounter, described as "scariest beast we've ever faced" could've last longer.

"Dead Space doesn't quite give its strengths as much screen time as they fully deserved," it says, "and often falls back onto the standard staple action of Resident Evil 4.

"But what action to fall back on. The very fact that we wish Dead Space included more of its original features and less content pulled from the last generation's greatest game speaks volumes for the quality on show."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198352

Omen28
10-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I probably won't buy it. I am going to try and get it from gamefly. If anyone hasn't done so already you should go on the marketplace and download the comic videos for Dead Space. There are four of them. They are great plus they give a background story for the game.

OBL infad3ll
10-02-2008, 06:12 PM
i was wondering when someone was going to start a thread about this. but back on topic, im most defenitely going to buy this game. i waited in the line at PAX for like two hours and once i finally got to play it i was consumed in it. i liked... actually i loved it so much i ordered the xbox ultra limited edition from EAs website and preordered a normal Ps3 copy. i wouldent be supprised if it contends for game of the year.

GamerSince'76
10-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Buying !!!!!!!!!!

thrAsher
10-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the review tid-bits, Silent.

I mean, look at any video, the quality is just oozing from every corner. I've been waiting for this game, it's the true start to the winter onslaught.

Wizziokid
10-03-2008, 07:38 AM
This game looks awesome, defiantly on my xmas list :)

Variation-XBA
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Waiting till post christmas. Even if I got it, it would sit on the back burner with all the other things coming out that I need to sink time into.

thrAsher
10-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Alrighty, so the game is out in the wild, but won't hit most stores until tomorrow sometime. Anybody lucky enough to grab a copy?

ALSO: the launch trailer is up and it's badass.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41505.html

Seriously, seriously need this game.

mattgame
10-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Var is right. So many Alist games and no money. What's a gamer to do?

GamerSince'76
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
It's in tomorrow (Wednesday) due to Thanksgiving being yesterday. Can't wait !!!

thrAsher
10-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Var is right. So many Alist games and no money. What's a gamer to do?

Sell your plasma, sell your baby-butter, DO WHAT YOU MUST!

I've got some wiggle room in my budget for games this year. I was thinking about FarCry 2, but Dead Space looks too damn good to pass up.

For those thinking about buying, you can download the Elite suit FREE from the Marketplace for a limited time.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/10/13/marketplace-roundup-for-october-13-2008.aspx

The Scorpion suit is also up for 200 MS points.

GamerSince'76
10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Sell your plasma, sell your baby-butter, DO WHAT YOU MUST!

I've got some wiggle room in my budget for games this year. I was thinking about FarCry 2, but Dead Space looks too damn good to pass up.

For those thinking about buying, you can download the Elite suit FREE from the Marketplace for a limited time.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/10/13/marketplace-roundup-for-october-13-2008.aspx

The Scorpion suit is also up for 200 MS points.

Nice find. I hope the Elite suit is still free when the game finally gets to Canada.

thrAsher
10-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Nice find. I hope the Elite suit is still free when the game finally gets to Canada.

I'm pretty sure you can DL it now. I'm going to check that out in a few when I hop onto LIVE.

GamerSince'76
10-14-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty sure you can DL it now. I'm going to check that out in a few when I hop onto LIVE.

If it is I'll DL tonight. Right now I have to drop a Mr. Solid and then nap (I'm old).

thrAsher
10-14-2008, 06:28 PM
(I'm old).

You ain't the only one, son.

Shawn-XBA
10-14-2008, 07:38 PM
I'll have it on Thursday, shipped out earlier today.

l Maximus l
10-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Looks awesome! Who's doing a review!?

GamerSince'76
10-15-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm worried it's not coming in tomorrow. :moody:

Symmetric-XBA
10-15-2008, 12:54 AM
god i hope they got my shipping address right. shelled out $174 for my copy. granted its a lot for a game, but since there are only 1000 copies of this version in the world, then I'll take it.

also a lil heads up to anyone ever thinking of ordering directly from EA. DO NOT do it if you expect any form of customer service. I had to log in 3 different times, and it literally led me in a circle untill their "contact us" page said "if you need assistance w/ non account related items, visit us at (corporate ea page)". The funny thing is, is that if you go to that page is says "coming soon" lol. this has got me all sorts of worried.

thrAsher
10-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Just an FYI, but I will very soon be completely absorbed in dissecting alien zombies.

I can smell them.

They stink like feet.

Dirty, ready to be dissected feet.

OBL infad3ll
10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
wow after hours of sitting and waiting for school to be over i scurried home to play this masterpiece of a game, and wow is it amazing so far!!! if you havent already bought it, do so!! and has anyone who ordered the ultra limited edition recieved it yet? i was expecting it would arrive the same day as the street release, but i guess not. i guess ill play my normal copy til it comes.

GamerSince'76
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM
This game is just as good as all the reviews say it is. I've just killed my first few Necromorphs and the game is scary, disturbing, gory and clausterphobic. Who else playing?

OBL infad3ll
10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
This game is just as good as all the reviews say it is. I've just killed my first few Necromorphs and the game is scary, disturbing, gory and clausterphobic. Who else playing?

im waiting till it gets dark now. hopefully thats when it gets super creapy and scary :eek: also go and download the animated comics!! their like a prologue for the game, and their cool!

GamerSince'76
10-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Damn. Elite suit is for Gold members only. :bang:

Symmetric-XBA
10-15-2008, 10:00 PM
wow after hours of sitting and waiting for school to be over i scurried home to play this masterpiece of a game, and wow is it amazing so far!!! if you havent already bought it, do so!! and has anyone who ordered the ultra limited edition recieved it yet? i was expecting it would arrive the same day as the street release, but i guess not. i guess ill play my normal copy til it comes.

I'm waiting for my copy of the ultra limited edition to arrive. I've been waiting eagerly for this to happen. lol got my whole surround home theater ready and waiting to go hunting lol.

thrAsher
10-16-2008, 03:07 AM
I need sleep, but how can I sleep after all that I've SEEN!!!

Damn, guys, Dead Space is legite. Blows my mind, it sounded stupid as hell when I read about it last year, but the game is pretty freaking excellent.

wicked_d365
10-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Going to grab mine tonight. I was going to get it last night, but I got stuck in a flash flood. had to sit in my car for an hour and 1/2.
Glad to hear it wasn't just hype, looking forward to it. Finally EA has made a good game.

Symmetric-XBA
10-16-2008, 05:04 PM
MY ULTRA LIMITED EDITION FINALLY ARRIVED TODAY!!!! OMG IS THE BOX HUGE!!! I had some issues w/ EA's lovely "ordering system" so I ended up buyin 2 of these just to be safe. THIS BOX IS HUGE!!! Its a LITTLE thinner than say "assassins creed collector's edition" but its taller and WIDER lol. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa time to go hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

321/1000

Symmetric-XBA
10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
wow the items available in this edt. are AMAZING!!!! This was worth EVERY PENNY!!!

mattgame
10-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Are you rich? And if so can I come over?

Symmetric-XBA
10-16-2008, 10:25 PM
i'm not rich, lol but i do live "comfortably" lol. My 2nd copy of this is coming from EA!!!! If someone wants to buy it, let me know, otherwise the lower the number btw the 2 I have are goin up on ebay. Right now I have #321 out of 1000, and if the next one is lower, then that is for sale, if its not #321 is. lol

GamerSince'76
10-16-2008, 10:33 PM
MY ULTRA LIMITED EDITION FINALLY ARRIVED TODAY!!!! OMG IS THE BOX HUGE!!! I had some issues w/ EA's lovely "ordering system" so I ended up buyin 2 of these just to be safe. THIS BOX IS HUGE!!! Its a LITTLE thinner than say "assassins creed collector's edition" but its taller and WIDER lol. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa time to go hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

321/1000

This is one game that it's worth having the collectors edition. Happy for you.

Symmetric-XBA
10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
thank you, just checked emails and got my tracking number for the 2nd copy.

Symmetric-XBA
10-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Does anyone here want my 2nd copy of the Ultra limited edt. when it arrives via fed ex?? If not, then I will be selling it on ebay.

wicked_d365
10-17-2008, 07:51 AM
I LOVE THIS GAME!!:hail: Finally EA has regained a little of my respect. I played through the first and most of the second chapter last night.

This game is intense. I'm not gonna lie. I've been scared a few times, damn things come from nowhere, fast.
Graphics are sweet, everything looks amazing. Weapons are cool. I really like the line gun, that thing kicks ass. Can't wait to get home and play some more.

Solid 5/5

Enamelized420
10-17-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm hoping to have the extra Cash to pick this up and add it to my collection. Glad to hear it's living up to the hype it received so I've got something to look forward to.

thrAsher
10-17-2008, 09:33 AM
I LOVE THIS GAME!!:hail: Finally EA has regained a little of my respect. I played through the first and most of the second chapter last night.

This game is intense. I'm not gonna lie. I've been scared a few times, damn things come from nowhere, fast.
Graphics are sweet, everything looks amazing. Weapons are cool. I really like the line gun, that thing kicks ass. Can't wait to get home and play some more.

Solid 5/5

Yeah, game is gold. I'm on Chapter 6 and it's just getting crazy. LOTS of attention to detail in the graphics department, and it sounds freakish as hell. I'm also a huge fan of the line gun, it's just a beast of a weapon. The game, honestly, feels like a blend of a lot of different games all set in a new universe: RE4, Doom, and a little bit of Half-Life 2 to sweeten the pot. And I've found the difficulty to be just challenging enough once I got past Chapter 4.

Glad you're enjoying the game, man. I probably won't be able to really sit down with this game until tomorrow night, but I can't wait to get back on board the Ishimura.

mattgame
10-17-2008, 05:23 PM
i'm not rich, lol but i do live "comfortably" lol. My 2nd copy of this is coming from EA!!!! If someone wants to buy it, let me know, otherwise the lower the number btw the 2 I have are goin up on ebay. Right now I have #321 out of 1000, and if the next one is lower, then that is for sale, if its not #321 is. lol

So can I come over?:(

LINKINPARK8591
10-18-2008, 06:33 AM
i'd love to pick that up from you Symmetric but i'm broke like matt. How much were those limited copies? Well i'll be looking into getting later in the week. Glad to here it's kicking @$$. Can't wait.

Variation-XBA
10-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Luckily I got this title free from work, so I'm furiously trying to finish Fable 2 to play this before Gears2 ;)

Unreal
10-18-2008, 11:33 AM
I have it. I am going to try and play some tonight when I get home.

thrAsher
10-18-2008, 01:37 PM
DAMN! This game has not let up for one second in the 9+ hours I've played. This game trumps everything I've played this year. I'm on Chapter 9, and story-wise it's started getting very interesting. Some of the enemies in this game are so well designed and creepy that they freak you out anytime you see one. My GOTY so far, easily.

Symmetric-XBA
10-18-2008, 03:30 PM
To make life a little easier on insane mode there are codes you can enter in dead space to help you along the way. These codes WILL NOT LOCK achievments, you can only use the node codes and money codes ONCE PER PLAYTHROUGH, however, the refill stasis and oxygen and kinesis can be used over and over again. To enter, simply hit start while you're playing and enter the codes, if you did it right you will hear a tone sound indicating that you have done it right.

x(2) = x,x

Codes:
--------
+5 Power Nodes: Y, X, Y, X(2), Y, X(2), Y, X(2), Y
+2 Power Nodes: Y, X(3), Y
$10,000 credits: X, Y(3), X(2), Y
$5,000 credits : X(3), Y, X, Y
$2,000 credits : X(3), Y(2)
Refil Oxygen: X(2), Y(3)
Refil Stasis and Kinesis: X, Y(2), X, Y

Symmetric-XBA
10-18-2008, 03:34 PM
i'd love to pick that up from you Symmetric but i'm broke like matt. How much were those limited copies? Well i'll be looking into getting later in the week. Glad to here it's kicking @$$. Can't wait.

Originally they were $180 per copy from EA, however, they're going for over $200 on ebay. The other thing is that people on Ebay selling them will not open up the box and show the card where it states what number it is, so you may be paying over $200 for like #900/1000. I literally spent hours sending msg's to every ebayer selling their copy and no one will open up the box to let ppl know what # it is. lol One d-bag on ebay posted a pic of the card for the copy he is KEEPING and he even put down "this isn't the one you will get, this is just the one I'm keeping". What a ****.

OBL infad3ll
10-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally they were $180 per copy from EA, however, they're going for over $200 on ebay. The other thing is that people on Ebay selling them will not open up the box and show the card where it states what number it is, so you may be paying over $200 for like #900/1000. I literally spent hours sending msg's to every ebayer selling their copy and no one will open up the box to let ppl know what # it is. lol One d-bag on ebay posted a pic of the card for the copy he is KEEPING and he even put down "this isn't the one you will get, this is just the one I'm keeping". What a ****.

i got copy number 226! (if you care)

Symmetric-XBA
10-20-2008, 03:06 AM
I JUST BEAT DEAD SPACE AND HOLY **** WHAT A ****ING AMAZING GAME IT WAS!!!!!!!!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE STORY, MUSIC, AND THE TWISTS MAKE IT ****ING UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna do a review on this game DEF.!

GamerSince'76
10-20-2008, 06:19 AM
I JUST BEAT DEAD SPACE AND HOLY **** WHAT A ****ING AMAZING GAME IT WAS!!!!!!!!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE STORY, MUSIC, AND THE TWISTS MAKE IT ****ING UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna do a review on this game DEF.!

Amazing game, story, controls, graphics.

LINKINPARK8591
10-20-2008, 07:04 AM

look forward to your review, been waiting for detailed info from someone who's played.

Symmetric-XBA
10-20-2008, 07:15 AM
The review is up! Its lengthy but the game deserves nothing but. I tried to post it 3 times lol but it was always freezing on the "saving" screen lol. Hope you all enjoy. If Gears of War 2, Fable 2, and Fallout 3 were NOT coming out this year, Dead Space would EASILY be hands down the game of the year.

Symmetric-XBA
10-20-2008, 08:39 AM
I just took a look at the review I posted and I'm kinda disapointed that the language settings prohibit me from saying words like surpa$$ed and everything just b/c of the 3 letters inside the word. I understand the reasoning behind it, however, I feel it just made the review look a little less credible.

thrAsher
10-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm on the last chapter. Should have this beat today. Game is deserving of the scores it's getting (mostly).

OBL infad3ll
10-20-2008, 10:12 PM
it got a 6.5 out of 10 from OXM?!?! WTF?!?! :confused:

Unreal
10-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know if money carries over to the new game. I am on the last chapter and I don't want to lose the money on my next play through. Thanks ahead of time if you know and answer this for me.

GamerSince'76
10-20-2008, 11:33 PM

Chick reviewer :mad:

Symmetric-XBA
10-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Does anyone know if money carries over to the new game. I am on the last chapter and I don't want to lose the money on my next play through. Thanks ahead of time if you know and answer this for me.

I did my 1st run through of the game on easy so that way I could get a lot of achv. in the game and not have to worry so much. Your money, power nodes, weapons, everything will carry over into your next playthough, HOWEVER, it will ONLY carry over if you load the same save slot that you saved in at the end of the game. Example, if you play through it on easy and get all the way through, you CAN NOT carry over your weapons, items, money, etc.. if you start a NEW game on insane. Hope this helps. I'm going though my 2nd run through now on easy and I'm just going for my melee, upgrade and weapon achv. I haven't save at all b/c after I get those achv. I'm just going to reload the game from the start of my 2nd run through at the beginning and just use the plasma cutter and blow through the game. Then it'll be on to insane mode where you have to start from scratch. Hope this helps explain it a little bit.

Symmetric-XBA
10-20-2008, 11:42 PM

Thats such B.S. so let me get this straight, they're saying that GTA4 was better than Dead Space?? lmao wow oxm just lost all crediblity in my eyes. I want to read their review and then use it for toilet paper since i'm running low. lol It just goes to show that there are some people who do not know a good game when they play one. Who knows, maybe they got too scared?? awwww booooo hooooo hoooooo.

Unreal
10-20-2008, 11:56 PM
I did my 1st run through of the game on easy so that way I could get a lot of achv. in the game and not have to worry so much. Your money, power nodes, weapons, everything will carry over into your next playthough, HOWEVER, it will ONLY carry over if you load the same save slot that you saved in at the end of the game. Example, if you play through it on easy and get all the way through, you CAN NOT carry over your weapons, items, money, etc.. if you start a NEW game on insane. Hope this helps. I'm going though my 2nd run through now on easy and I'm just going for my melee, upgrade and weapon achv. I haven't save at all b/c after I get those achv. I'm just going to reload the game from the start of my 2nd run through at the beginning and just use the plasma cutter and blow through the game. Then it'll be on to insane mode where you have to start from scratch. Hope this helps explain it a little bit.
Thanks it did help. I am going through on medium and I have only used the Plasma cutter so far. I will go through again to use the other weapons.

thrAsher
10-21-2008, 12:14 AM

Hah, yeah, definitely a highlight game this gen. Very intense throughout and just slick as hell. Loved the whole last chapter and the ending. Will play again.

Unreal
10-21-2008, 01:13 AM
Hah, yeah, definitely a highlight game this gen. Very intense throughout and just slick as hell. Loved the whole last chapter and the ending. Will play again.
Agreed. I am starting my second play now.

Symmetric-XBA
10-21-2008, 01:29 AM
and to think OXM gave this game a 6.5 lmao

OBL infad3ll
10-21-2008, 07:48 AM
ya and OXM gave Brothers in arms a 9! and that game was an uber POS! i agree OXM lost all their creditability in my oppionion

LINKINPARK8591
10-21-2008, 08:18 AM
and to think OXM gave this game a 6.5 lmao

hope it will live up to expectations, just got a copy today but i'm not home to play it yet. can't wait.

ya and OXM gave Brothers in arms a 9! and that game was an uber POS! i agree OXM lost all their creditability in my oppionion

i wouldn't say you've lost any creditability, everyone's got different opinions. There's been some games in the past where everyone's crazy about and i'm like eh what's the hype about?!? Don't trip, obviously they like it but it doesn't do much for you, it's all good.

Symmetric-XBA
10-21-2008, 09:17 AM
There's been some games in the past where everyone's crazy about and i'm like eh what's the hype about?!?

lol when you play it you'll fully understand. i almost envy you getting to play through it w/ fresh eyes. enjoy!

edit: yyyeeeaahhhh hooooooo! just got the 2nd ultimate collectors edt! i love my ups driver lmao

thrAsher
10-21-2008, 11:04 AM
lol when you play it you'll fully understand. i almost envy you getting to play through it w/ fresh eyes.

You know, although the game was intense all the way through, it genuinely scared me on a handful of occasions. I'm gonna show it off to a buddy of mine here soon who's not a gamer but LOVED to watch me play RE4. I told him about this game, and he got all excited. It's funny as hell to have him backseat driving while I play, he gets far more freaked out than I do.

Ninjermy
10-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Renting it this weekend :o

Unreal
10-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I beat the game on medium and I am going through again on medium. With a maxed out rig and a couple of maxed out weapons the game is really, really easy so far. I am almost tempted to just start a game on Insane.

wicked_d365
10-21-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm playing on hard right now. It didn't give me an insane option. I figured do the hard one first and get the achievement. That's part of the reason I'm only on chap 3. That and I have been working my ass off as of late.

Snake Eyez
10-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Playing but not buying. Time to get the Blockbuster games pass with a number of great titles coming out soon. Mid Nov will be gaming time and I better have my 360 back by then.

Symmetric-XBA
10-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm playing on hard right now. It didn't give me an insane option. I figured do the hard one first and get the achievement. That's part of the reason I'm only on chap 3. That and I have been working my ass off as of late.

You don't have to play through it the first time on hard to get the achv. only on insane diff. do you get an achv. for beating it. I went through it the first time on easy and got a lot of achv. and am going through my 2nd run through (not saving ever) just to build up the weapons and I finally got my maxed out achv. so now I'm going to run through it quickly on easy using only the plasma cutter, then its off to insane mode. If you're havin troubles just restart it on easy and you'll get all the same achv. you would get on hard, there's no "hard specific" achv.

wicked_d365
10-21-2008, 04:50 PM
You don't have to play through it the first time on hard to get the achv. only on insane diff. do you get an achv. for beating it. I went through it the first time on easy and got a lot of achv. and am going through my 2nd run through (not saving ever) just to build up the weapons and I finally got my maxed out achv. so now I'm going to run through it quickly on easy using only the plasma cutter, then its off to insane mode. If you're havin troubles just restart it on easy and you'll get all the same achv. you would get on hard, there's no "hard specific" achv.

I know that now. I did some homework and found out that you unlock the hardest difficulty after you beat it one time. oh well. There is an achievement for beating the game on the hardest difficulty.
Epic Tier 3 Engineer 150
Complete the game on the hardest difficulty setting

LINKINPARK8591
10-21-2008, 05:23 PM
here's the achievment list if anyone's looking i was curious so i looked it up. Didn't seem to have it here on the game list. Looks like i won't be able to play for another couple days, oh well.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-space/achievements/

Symmetric-XBA
10-21-2008, 05:36 PM
the 2 achv. i had the hardest time w/ were the don't get c**ky kid which is found on lvl 4, and I missed the shooting one on lvl 9

OBL infad3ll
10-21-2008, 05:58 PM
the 2 achv. i had the hardest time w/ were the don't get c**ky kid which is found on lvl 4, and I missed the shooting one on lvl 9

OMG thats going to be a pain! im going through on hard and i only beat it with about 8 shields left! and that after spending about three hours doing it!

Symmetric-XBA
10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
OMG thats going to be a pain! im going through on hard and i only beat it with about 8 shields left! and that after spending about three hours doing it!

yeah its def. not easy, the trick i've found is to ONLY focus on those that come right at you or just off to the sides. when i started this I tried shooting everything down, but realized that some WILL actually miss you as they fly off to the left and right. ALSO a helpfull tip, on the BIG asteroids, use BOTH guns at the same time. by pulling both triggers you can just romp through the big ones and then focus on the smaller ones. also random circle gunfire works well as well to dispatch some of the smaller asteroids.

OBL infad3ll
10-21-2008, 10:05 PM
yeah its def. not easy, the trick i've found is to ONLY focus on those that come right at you or just off to the sides. when i started this I tried shooting everything down, but realized that some WILL actually miss you as they fly off to the left and right. ALSO a helpfull tip, on the BIG asteroids, use BOTH guns at the same time. by pulling both triggers you can just romp through the big ones and then focus on the smaller ones. also random circle gunfire works well as well to dispatch some of the smaller asteroids.

is it easier on the lower difficulties or is it hard as hell no matter what?

Unreal
10-22-2008, 10:09 AM
is it easier on the lower difficulties or is it hard as hell no matter what?
Thats what I am wondering as well. Because on my second play through I am still missing the 50% :(

Symmetric-XBA
10-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I am at the stage on hard mode and there is no difference btw easy and hard in this situation. It does take some time to get considering you have to wait for the comp. to do their job (which takes years it seems). Remember though, DO NOT let your guns overheat. If you overheat your guns it will almost guarantee that you do not get the achv. b/c it takes time for your guns to get back online. One thing I found was that to get the achv. focus your fire on them when they are off in the distance, this is kinda difficult due to the fact that the guns seem to be a bit "touchy" to control. However, if you can eliminate the FAST moving asteroids 1st, then it will give you time to regain your bearings when you go after the slower ones. Also do not waste time focusing to get ALL of the asteroids, not all of them will hit you anyways. The smaller ones take less damage away (obv.) than the larger ones. A good rule of thumb that I went by was when you hear the comp. tell you "just one more min" thats a lie, you actually have about a min. when you hear after that quote "just a little more". I found that having about 78% when you hear "just one more min" will more than likely give you a good chance to get the achv. Also you can hit "pause" and take a break in the middle of the fight and give yourself a chance to look for your next targets. Hope this helps, it took me a while but I managed to get it.

Unreal
10-22-2008, 11:38 AM
I am at the stage on hard mode and there is no difference btw easy and hard in this situation. It does take some time to get considering you have to wait for the comp. to do their job (which takes years it seems). Remember though, DO NOT let your guns overheat. If you overheat your guns it will almost guarantee that you do not get the achv. b/c it takes time for your guns to get back online. One thing I found was that to get the achv. focus your fire on them when they are off in the distance, this is kinda difficult due to the fact that the guns seem to be a bit "touchy" to control. However, if you can eliminate the FAST moving asteroids 1st, then it will give you time to regain your bearings when you go after the slower ones. Also do not waste time focusing to get ALL of the asteroids, not all of them will hit you anyways. The smaller ones take less damage away (obv.) than the larger ones. A good rule of thumb that I went by was when you hear the comp. tell you "just one more min" thats a lie, you actually have about a min. when you hear after that quote "just a little more". I found that having about 78% when you hear "just one more min" will more than likely give you a good chance to get the achv. Also you can hit "pause" and take a break in the middle of the fight and give yourself a chance to look for your next targets. Hope this helps, it took me a while but I managed to get it.
Thanks for the tips. I will try to follow them the next time I play the game. I am pretty much just maxing out my gear. I will take a breat from it when I am done because Fable 2 is sitting in the wings to get some play time :)

Symmetric-XBA
10-22-2008, 12:28 PM
lol tell me about it, I've got Fable 2, Fallout 3, and GoW2 on the radar as well lol

Unreal
10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
lol tell me about it, I've got Fable 2, Fallout 3, and GoW2 on the radar as well lol
I told my girlfriend that she can buy Fallout 3 for christmas because Fable 2 (co-op) and Gears 2 (co-op) will be taking up all my time. As I type this I am thinking about putting Dead Space back in. You know when a game is good when you think about playing it when your not at home :crying:

Symmetric-XBA
10-22-2008, 01:27 PM
lol totally. when i was working on my audio projects i kept thinking to myself "dam, gotta get through this so i can get back on the ishimura" lol I've played only a little bit of Fable 2, but I know for a fact that its gonna be hard for the games coming out this year to top dead space's story, esp. if you watched the animated movie before playing.

OBL infad3ll
10-23-2008, 10:19 PM
lol totally. when i was working on my audio projects i kept thinking to myself "dam, gotta get through this so i can get back on the ishimura" lol I've played only a little bit of Fable 2, but I know for a fact that its gonna be hard for the games coming out this year to top dead space's story, esp. if you watched the animated movie before playing.

did you watch all the animated comics before the movie, then play the game?

and i cant get over the OXM review! it makes me so pissed off!!:bang: :cuss:

Symmetric-XBA
10-23-2008, 11:27 PM
yeah if you watch the animated comics b4 playing the game it will add a deeper appreciation for the story. case in point when you play the game you come accross some of temple's story, well it helps to develop even those characters as well, including the capt. of the ship. It was DEF. a big enjoyment bonus thats for sure. I haven't watched it since, but it was def. enjoyable to say the least.

Nurb
10-24-2008, 02:03 AM
I fully encourage everyone to pirate EA into oblivion :D

LINKINPARK8591
10-25-2008, 07:28 AM
well been playing like crazy and been enjo it's living up to the expectation and exceeded in some aspects.

Symmetric-XBA
10-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Glad you enjoy it! lol get ready for your expectations to be smashed by the end lol.

LINKINPARK8591
10-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Glad you enjoy it! lol get ready for your expectations to be smashed by the end lol.

expectations were completely smashed, i'm in ayyyyyyy... Best In a long time. hands down

Marcello
10-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I got Dead Space and the game is amazing, it has the grand style of scenarios (in terms of size and realism) from Bioshock, and the tense feel of the Alien movies with horror elemnts from Resident Evil hehehe I loved it, the story isn't too original (looks like a gore version of Event Horizon, great movie, watch it if you haven't already), but it's good enough, graphics are amongst the best, gameplay is great and hell, i dunno what else. I wonder if I'm gonna end it before my Fallout 3 arrives ¬¬ I live in Brazil and I get the games from this store that imports softwares in general, thank goodness they already confirmed that they'll be receiving Fallout 3 limited edition (I'm addicted to fallout 2 :p) heheehehprepare for the future you know... Vault Tech ahuahuauh I'm on chapoter 8 from dead Space I guess I can finish it but I'm so FULL of stuff to do from college and work. You know what? There should be an internaticional gamers association, where we could join in and get paid to do nothing but play games 'till our eyes burst into flames ahuahuahu

Unreal
10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
I knew if I put Fable in, that I wouldn't finish Dead Space on the hardest difficulty setting. Its good too see the praise the game is getting. I never thought I would say this. But it is the best EA game, EA has released to date.

OBL infad3ll
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
I knew if I put Fable in, that I wouldn't finish Dead Space on the hardest difficulty setting. Its good too see the praise the game is getting. I never thought I would say this. But it is the best EA game, EA has released to date.

besides the annual monotonous sports game, its really the only good game thats come from EA

Marcello
10-27-2008, 06:44 PM
besides the annual monotonous sports game, its really the only good game thats come from EA

True enough o.O EA is, most of the times, wonderful with graphics but the games per se tend to be extremely simple and, as you said, monotonous, it's good to see that Dead Space is a huge exception :)

"I feel butt-f*cked by the devil!"
-The Electric Hellfire Club

Variation-XBA
10-28-2008, 12:46 AM

Don't forget the old Battlefield games (pre 2142)

TheCovenant
10-28-2008, 04:01 AM
finished it the friday of the weekend it came out. Great, great game although the ending was kinda b-movie cheesy. You know, when he's alone in his ship and we finally see his face and right after something scares him.

the boss battles (all two of them) were damn epic. Some of the greatest boss battles of all time. But seriously, 2? i guess they make up fo it by sprinkling mini bosses all over the place, but still...