PDA

View Full Version : Question about Halo on Gamespy.

Punkbob
03-08-2002, 03:35 PM
When playing it online through Gamepsy, how many people can play per XBox? Is it just like 1 person can play online, or could like 4 friends come over and we all play online?

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 03:40 PM
Up to 4 people can play on one XBox. Think like Halo's System Link option...however, with Gamespy, instead of having a local area network of mutliple XBoxes and TVs in your living room, you get to play other people while they are in their living rooms!

So, yes, you can have between 1-4 players on your XBox! It's AWESOME!!! Get on-line! If you have questions on how to do it, just ask! I'll walk you through every simple step :)

Mercury
03-08-2002, 04:00 PM
But as you add more players on one xbox, 2-4, you will need a higher upstream bandwidth on your internet connection.

Just something to think about.

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
But as you add more players on one xbox, 2-4, you will need a higher upstream bandwidth on your internet connection.

Just something to think about.

Excellent point! Very true...I recommend that if you have four people all at once, only play another team that has four people on theirs...There will be very little lag, if any at all! :)

Besides, 4 vs 4 in Halo, in my opinion, is perfect!! 8 vs 8 is utter carnage...too tough to move around without getting killed every 5 seconds. Personally, the levels should be much bigger for something like 8 vs 8.

I played Free For All with 12 people once in Hang Em' High and everyone had Rockets! It was so much fun! The level: Hang Em High, definately didn't look the same by the time everything was done! lol...it was all BLACK!!! :D