PDA

View Full Version : Uk Dvd Uh-oh

Mr.XboxLover
03-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Hello All,

Having preordered my Xbox on Amazon.co.uk, i was eagerly awaiting its delivery on March the 15th.

I checked my order today, and was shocked to discover that the DVD Kit has been taken off!!! You can no longer order it from Amazon.co.uk. What has happened!!!!

If anyone has any news where the DVD Kit has gone, and does anyone know about this mysterious replacment "DVD Region X"!!!

Well any news is gladly received! The most important thing is those who havent checked their Amazon orders, and have ordered the DVD kit with their Xbox should now select the different delivery, dispatch on availability option if they want to get their Xbox on time. I do not know wether the Xbox DVD kit will return or not.

C ya

Mr.XboxLover

Spaztic
03-08-2002, 04:42 PM
I haven't been able to find a dvd kit since the xboxes release!

greggp666
03-08-2002, 06:22 PM
try toys r us. everytime i go there they have a ton of them for like 30 bucks.if you cant find it there maybe i can find it here for you.

Mr.XboxLover
03-09-2002, 02:49 AM
Well Im fairly ticked off!!

First of all they encourage me to buy the DVD kit as a MAJOR accessory, which it is. Without it I cant use the DVD function! One of the major reasons was to have the DVD function as a sort of all round entertainment system.

Then Amazon.co.uk remove the item and didnt say anything to me about it at all. I checked my order, and it is still on the order list (which i cannot remove it from) and claims it hasnt been published yet which it did about a month ago. If I had not checked, my entire Xbox package, games, console, the lot wouldnt have arrived until the release of the DVD Kit which just aint gonna happen. So my advise to all those who have preordered their DVD Kit with console and everything is to change the delivery plan (UK Only) as otherwise you'll never get it on time.

I'll keep you updated if the DVD Kit comes back from the graveyard.

Amazon.co.uk do offer DVD Region X and are trying to push it instead. The problem with this is that its totally impractical and uneccessary (hence its use for PS2!!!). Anyway, DVD REgion X cannot be used without the DVD Kit. What are Amazon playing at!!!!

Region X is a DVD-rom which enables multi-region DVDs or summin.

Either way i am really annoyed, and I think everyone deserves an explanation, and at least some notification why it has been withdrawn and when it will be available.

Over and Out

Mr.XboxLover

GeordieTheSith
03-09-2002, 05:22 AM
There have been a few places that have changed there bundles, i ordered mine from toys r us in the UK, i was supposed to get 2 games an extra contoller and the Xbox, but now it says on the website that you get one game and one game, i phoned them and they said i will still get what i ordered, i have no idea what im getting on the 14th, i hope its the 2 games but........

Mr.XboxLover
03-09-2002, 07:13 AM
Hiya,

Well I ordered a bundle and the DVD kit. And i had i set so they only deliver it when they have got everything i wanted. Now it seems liek the DVD kit basiclaly doesnt exist. They didnt even send me and email or anthing to say that the status of the order had changed.

Basically if I hadnt checked then I would be waiting a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before I got anything.

Waiting for a reply to an email i sent to Amazon.co.uk, and they ahvent said anything yet!!!

Let you know wot happens

:)

Mr.XboxLover

Mr.XboxLover
03-09-2002, 11:28 AM
Basically,

The problem is they have reshuffled their site and that its no longer in hardware and accessories but in a Pick'n'Mix section. I have now reshuffled all my orders and after ordering it from the Pick'n'Mix section it works fine and will be delivered on the 15th!!

Oh well that little drama for the day is solved!!

Mr.XboxLover