PDA

View Full Version : NHL 09 Freeze bug fix

Rochey69r
10-21-2008, 12:21 AM
Hey all,

i got NHL 09 the day it came out and had a major problem with it freezing everytime i went into 'be a pro' mode. lucky i googled it and found out its ea's bug.

all you must do is empty/reset the cache. to do this go to the 'memory' blade, press 'y'. x,x,lb,rb,x,x. confirm you want to 'do maintenance on the hdd' and then the game will work fine.

apparently they are working on a patch to fix the problem, but i thought i'd let XBA members know so if they do buy the game and have trouble they know its not their xbox or the disc.

GamerSince'76
10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
If I know that a game does this, I won't buy it until it's fixed. No excuse for developers to put out broken games and maybe patch them later.

CrazyCougar
10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I havent run into a freeze problem with NHL 09, KNOCK ON WOOD!!! But good to know that clearing the cache will help resolve the issue.

Whisper
10-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Hundreds report the problem in the EA forums. I have it too, it is a pain.. it crashes while loading online be-a-pro about 15%-20% of the time. The cache clear will only fix you for a gaming session, which is fine, since it takes seconds.. but yeah.. a billion dollar corporation should be able to eliminate major bugs before games are released

stuff like toe-drag against the grain blocker side shots going in all the time is ok.. but dont crash the game on me!