PDA

View Full Version : NBB Demo review (naruto broken bonds)

Ainokeatoo
11-05-2008, 02:48 AM
As an anime enthusiast and owner of the first naruto game to come out on an xbox console, it would be horrible for me not to pick up this demo and try it out.

First impressions : Lets do a bit of history on this game first, as it looks like, this is the second installment of ubisofts original Naruto Rise of a Ninja game, but instead of it being new downloaded content it's a whole new game. It starts off with the invasion of the village at the time when the third hokage is killed. Everything is pretty much the same cell shaded bustling city it was in Naruto Rise of a Ninja. At first you're racing through the city as it's being demolished by the giant snakes matching the anime/manga, controls are basically all the same.

But what got me to up and comment on this game, is not the graphics, but the battle system. The battle system has been completely 'completely' revamped, new moves, new strategies, this is basically what the first game should have been. The enemies are actually a challenge, and there is no side stepping cheap tactic that was used constantly in the first game. There is finally an actual tag mode, you're allowed to play up to (as of now) three different characters while out on a mission (though only able to control only one outside of the fight that i've noticed). That in itself has a great deal of strategy to it.

Music's the same not much change, though, as there are new moves during the fight, there are new moves outside of the fight, such as something called the 'clone' bridge, basically a bunch of naruto clones stacked on each other across a large space to walk on.

My final verdict: This is the game I thought I was buying when Naruto RoaN came out (in terms of gameplay/battle) COMPLETELY new battle system and the AI are actually a challenge.

I would keep an eye on this game for those who enjoy the series, or have kids who do.

http://narutoxbox360game.us.ubi.com/

This is I believe Ubi's second fighting game and they're getting a lot better. Keep up the good work!

Variation-XBA
11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Did you submit it as a real review on the front page too? Glad you enjoy it.

Ainokeatoo
11-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Did you submit it as a real review on the front page too? Glad you enjoy it.

Nah, I'd rather review the full game if I will at all review it, than the demo think of it as more or less, an opinion on downloading the demo. I'm glad they improved the game, at put most of what was promised in the first game, into the second, even if it is just a demo still.