PDA

View Full Version : I got TONY HAWK 3!!!!! Ask me some questions!!!

wweomaniac
03-08-2002, 09:36 PM
I got tony hawk pro skater 3 today from Electronics Boutique for $79.99 CDN. The game is amazing and I wonder why I didn't buy THPS2x.

I also bought the OXM magazine for the month of April.

If anyone wishes to know anything about the game, just ask me. :) I am into the third level after playing for 3 hours with my friends (we've been screwing aroung).

THIS GAME KICKS

raVen
03-08-2002, 09:54 PM
I bought TH1 and loved it to death, bought TH2 and loved it to bits until I realised I played it so much I didn't need to think while playing it. I realised that was because with the addition of manuals, I didn't need to suss out where to go so i could pull off an amazing grind combo, as you can do a trick, manual, trick, manual, grind, trick, manual, etc.

It seems that with TH3 I'll have to think even less with reverts, and as much as I'd like to think I'm going to love this game I'm not sure if I will.

Please give me reasons to love it!!!

wweomaniac
03-08-2002, 09:59 PM
WOW! You seemed to of played this game a lot. Well... THPS3 is a lot about grinding. The grinding is more difficult and so is the landing.

I have only played THPS2 on both N64 and PS2, and I have never played THPS1. From playing the N64 and PS2 version, I can tell you that this game seems harder.

You can play your own music while boarding!!!!!!! There are different maps (why not just buy it for the maps).

You can create your own skate park....

*opens his crisp new THPS3 manual*

and... multiplayer options are:

graffiti
trick atack,
horse,
slap!,
king of the hill,
free skating.

I think this game can be played on gamespy but not M$'s internet. More skaters!!!

That was a tough question and I haven't played enough of the game to know enough of it. When I do, Ill post soem mroe interesting information. But I think this game is totally betetr than 2.

raVen
03-09-2002, 02:30 AM
Hey thanks, the increased difficulty sounds good.
I also read that the grinds and moves look more realistic (ie make the models look less like robots when they trick and lean sideways on a grind:rolleyes: )

Yeah, I'll definately at least rent this one, thanks.

sinizuh
03-09-2002, 04:08 AM
Where do babies come from?

why the hell did you pay $80 for THPS3? are you slow minded?

Crazy Joe
03-09-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
why the hell did you pay $80 for THPS3? are you slow minded?

holy crap, i am really sick of americans not understanding what CDN means after a monetary value, CANADIAN!!! do you get that, all the time people are like, why did you pay so much for this or what the hell is wrong with you $50 for a DVD kit. Understand that Canadian currency is not the same as american currency and if you see a price that seems extremely high, it's probably in canadian funds, so my question to you is, are you slow minded?

wweomaniac
03-09-2002, 10:00 AM
American's can be so ignorant about their neighbours.

Us currency is $1.6 in Canada. Therefore you would proabbaly have to of paid somewhere between $45-50 in US. that is just equivalent to the price I paid!! And BTW, the game would be worth $80 US anwyays. Its that fun

FlyBoy
03-09-2002, 11:51 AM
I know THPS 2x included the original levels from 1 and 2... do they do this again w/more additions in 3?

nick_bmx
03-09-2002, 12:29 PM
when u change ur vharacter, does it load for about 2 seconds? i dont know if its just mine or if it meant to be like that.

XboxGamerX2
03-09-2002, 12:45 PM
i got it 2! its awesome..i already beat it almost..just need 2 beat tokyo the main part of this game is grinding, manuling and reverts

Batman2372
03-09-2002, 02:04 PM
To answer your question, Flyboy... no... The levels are all new... and they are sweet. They're absolutely huge!!! The first level is called the Foundry, and it's a metal working plant. The second is called Canada, and it's a combination skate park/ Abandoned Mine. There are (of course) more levels, but if I told you that... I'd have to kill ya.

The game has all the usual stuff (collect hidden tapes, S-K-A-T-E, high scores) and then other objectives based on the actual level.

Take it from me, boys and girls, you're gonna love this.

wweomaniac
03-09-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
American's can be so ignorant about their neighbours.

Us currency is $1.6 in Canada. Therefore you would proabbaly have to of paid somewhere between $45-50 in US. that is just equivalent to the price I paid!! And BTW, the game would be worth $80 US anwyays. Its that fun

No its only tony hawk 3. There is no tony hawk 1 or 2. But the only diference between this game fro xbox and the ps2 version is that there is an additional level, more skaters and soundtrack taht comes with it.

wweomaniac
03-09-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by nick_bmx
when u change ur vharacter, does it load for about 2 seconds? i dont know if its just mine or if it meant to be like that.

Yeah, I know. So far, that has been the only annoying factor aboot the game. It has a long load time when changin characters, changing your characters appearance and ... i think thats it. The game/level loading time is normal so you dont have to worry.

Only the character/appearance changing has slow loading, but you won't spend a lot of time in that screen anyways, so don't hesistate to buy it just b/c of loading times.

wweomaniac
03-09-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by XboxGamerX2
i got it 2! its awesome..i already beat it almost..just need 2 beat tokyo the main part of this game is grinding, manuling and reverts

Well, after owning it for just a bit more than 18 hours, I have played it for about four hours. I'm at Suburba, and I have beaten most of the goals for most levels. The goals do get very harder as you go through the levels. This adds a challenge factor that is harder to notice in games like SSX, Amped and Dave Mirra.

I usually find extreme games a lot easier, but this one is a bit more challenging and fun.

Wu3000
03-09-2002, 03:47 PM
anyone have any codes.

wweomaniac
03-09-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Wu3000
anyone have any codes.

I don't think there are codes yet, but I'll go check. I never thought of that.

2 minutes later....

wow... there are codes. More like secrets:
goto http://codes.ign.com/ob2/068/016/016375.html

GTA3 Dude
03-10-2002, 08:36 AM
I dont know how anyone really could think this is hard. My friend got it Friday. He came over and in about 2or 3 hours we beat it 100%. We now have the oil rig, x-ray, and darth maul.

(Darth Maul is unlocked by beating it 3 times)

Toder
03-10-2002, 10:24 AM
Wait until you unlock Wolverine (by beating it 8 times)

wweomaniac
03-10-2002, 03:55 PM
Whats this about unlocking a wolverine??? Beating the game 8 times??? Who would have the time to do that?

X-Factor
03-10-2002, 04:25 PM
I've already unlocked The Oil Rig, X-Ray, Darth-Maul, Wolverine, The Warehouse, Burnside, Officer ****, Private Carrera, Ollie the Magic Bum, Kelly Slater, Roswell, Super Stats... I think I've unlocked everything.

wweomaniac
03-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Xfactor, could you tell us all how you did it??

How many times have you beaten the game???

Blade
03-10-2002, 07:19 PM
Does THPS3 have four player split screen?

It may sound like dumb question,I just want to be sure before I buy it.

JADE8704
03-10-2002, 08:04 PM
does the game have real looking grass like thps2x, or is it a slab of green cardboard like what all the other systems have (ps2, gamecube)?

DT21
03-10-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Blade
Does THPS3 have four player split screen?

It may sound like dumb question,I just want to be sure before I buy it.
No, only 2 player split screen. You can hook up 2 Xboxes so that there can be a total of 4 players.

DT21
03-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
does the game have real looking grass like thps2x, or is it a slab of green cardboard like what all the other systems have (ps2, gamecube)?
Nope, no real grass:mad:

Blade
03-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by DT21

No, only 2 player split screen. You can hook up 2 Xboxes so that there can be a total of 4 players.

you gotta be freakin' kiddin me!

thanks for the reply BTW. NO 4player Split, no volumetric grass?...
Crap!

DT21
03-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Blade

you gotta be freakin' kiddin me!

thanks for the reply BTW. NO 4player Split, no volumetric grass?...
Crap!
Still a great game though, but if u have it on another system already, don't get it.

wweomaniac
03-10-2002, 10:20 PM
I dont think there is any grass in the game for that matter.

Why would you want four player split screen. I don't think it has ever existed on Tony Hawk games. And if it did, you wouldn't be able to see anything.

There is 4 console system link. That allows up to 8 players to play simutaneously. It also allows you to play on gamespy. Four player split screen is a dumb idea and thats why it doesn't exist. Enjoy the system link :)

Blade
03-10-2002, 11:23 PM
4 player split screen existed in THPS2x, as well as HALO. on a nice size TV it doesn't suck. it's rather cool.

and when you have four children that all want to play TH at the same time... it saves on the Advil.

It's not dumb. many games have four player split screen

sinizuh
03-10-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
holy crap, i am really sick of americans not understanding what CDN means after a monetary value, CANADIAN!!! do you get that, all the time people are like, why did you pay so much for this or what the hell is wrong with you $50 for a DVD kit. Understand that Canadian currency is not the same as american currency and if you see a price that seems extremely high, it's probably in canadian funds, so my question to you is, are you slow minded?

<--------- look. I'm also Canadian, fool :P

i'm not slow minded... do you have a short temper?

btw, you can get THPS3 for under $75... but some of us don't have money to burn.