PDA

View Full Version : NXE Download Launch Time?

Ninja Scroll
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Does anyone know what time the NEW XBOX EXPERIANCE will launch. Like is it Eastern Time (my time) or Pacific? And will it be Midnight for either of those times?

I need to know for getting up for work in the morning purposes. I intend to play GearsOfWar2 into Midnight ET, but if it's Pacific I will just go to bed and just get up early in the morning before work.

I MUST CREATE MY AVATAR ASAP!! I FEEL LIKE A CRACK BABY RIGHT ABOUT NOW FEENIN FOR MY AVATAR DRUGS DOWNLOAD! :trippin::bang::trippin:

Ainokeatoo
11-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know what time the NEW XBOX EXPERIANCE will launch. Like is it Eastern Time (my time) or Pacific? And will it be Midnight for either of those times?

I need to know for getting up for work in the morning purposes. I intend to play GearsOfWar2 into Midnight ET, but if it's Pacific I will just go to bed and just get up early in the morning before work.

I MUST CREATE MY AVATAR ASAP!! I FEEL LIKE A CRACK BABY RIGHT ABOUT NOW FEENIN FOR MY AVATAR DRUGS DOWNLOAD! :trippin::bang::trippin:

Hopefully it's 12 est, but I would place bets on PST, since ms is in washington state. XD Hell if I know, did you check xbox.com?

Shawn-XBA
11-18-2008, 08:21 PM
2am Pacific Standard Time is when most of the dashboard updates get released.

Ainokeatoo
11-18-2008, 08:27 PM
2am Pacific Standard Time is when most of the dashboard updates get released.

Aw damn... What do you mean 'most' of the dashboard updates?

Do you mean, most as in, there are more than one download files that I need to download.

Or do you mean, that's when the dashboard updates regularly released?

Ninja Scroll
11-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Good point about MS located in Washington state. And that's probably true, because when a hot XBLA game is due for release on those Wednesdays I stay up till 12am ET with no game to be seen in marketplace.
Yet I wake up in the morning and it's there. DAMN U MS FOR BEING LOCATED ON THE WESTSIDE!!! :( It's not fair to us East Coast peeps who are ahead of the times.

Shawn-XBA
11-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Or do you mean, that's when the dashboard updates regularly released?
Yeah, its when most of them are released. And MajorNelson just posted on his blog, "We'll START deploying at 0200 PT. Not everyone will get it right away though." I think what he means by not everyone is getting it right away, is I guess different time zones will receive it at different times so everyone isn't downloading it at the same time.

Ainokeatoo
11-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Good point about MS located in Washington state. And that's probably true, because when a hot XBLA game is due for release on those Wednesdays I stay up till 12am ET with no game to be seen in marketplace.
Yet I wake up in the morning and it's there. DAMN U MS FOR BEING LOCATED ON THE WESTSIDE!!! :( It's not fair to us East Coast peeps who are ahead of the times.

Lol it is true :P the figure head, well, ex figure head of microsoft worked in washington. So since he worked there I would assume that is the 'base' of operations. But eh I don't know nothing bout that.

Yeah, its when most of them are released. And MajorNelson just posted on his blog, "We'll START deploying at 0200 PT. Not everyone will get it right away though." I think what he means by not everyone is getting it right away, is I guess different time zones will receive it at different times so everyone isn't downloading it at the same time.

That's a great idea, good on you MS for thinking things through unlike the horrible H3 beta last year.

CrazyCougar
11-19-2008, 12:00 AM
East Coast will start to see the update starting at 5 AM EST. So when you get up out of bed int he morning, it should be there for ya. Unless you are a real early riser. I figure it should be waiting for me when I take my daughter to school at 7:30 AM.

Rochey69r
11-19-2008, 12:36 AM
i logged on then and it says 2 days to go still. wtf?

any guesses on how big this update will be? in terms of mb.

my guess is 200-400mb

Ainokeatoo
11-19-2008, 12:51 AM

my guess is 200-400mb

Somewhere between 128 - 512 mb's seeing as that's the memory card ms was offering.

Shawn-XBA
11-19-2008, 01:17 AM

my guess is 200-400mb
Haha, yeah I noticed that too, it still says 2 days to go.

As for the size here is what Microsoft said: "The New Xbox Experience will require 128MB of free space. A hard drive is recommended for the optimal experience, to take advantage of some new features, and to be able to enjoy the great movies, TV shows and games available on Xbox LIVE."

Ninja Scroll
11-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Well it's 2:20am ET and im up on a solo campaign about to beat Gears2 on Hardcore so I can unlock Insane Difficulty. I'm going to bed in a min, forget this. It will be there when I wake up. Which I will set my clock an hour earlier! :hump: I'm a slow ass morning person when it's time to get up for anything, ... well, just for work for the most part. ... But I know it won't be no trouble getting up for this! It better own!:cool:

edit: btw, Xbox.com has been down for the last couple hours, ... hmmm, wonder why. =D

Variation-XBA
11-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Supposed to be 2am PST/5am EST, but that's if everything goes on track and smooth...so who knows honestly.

Ainokeatoo
11-19-2008, 02:12 AM
Well you guys are up late, it's getting hard for me to stay up, but eh, Gunz is keeping me busy and so is gow1

LINKINPARK8591
11-19-2008, 06:06 AM
update downloaded haha got my avatar

Ninja Scroll
11-19-2008, 06:41 AM
update downloaded haha got my avatar

Well I just got up at 7:35am. Beat Gears2 about 3am ET! :sleeping: Then went to sleep. Downloading update as I speak.

Dude, is that what you look like? :yikes: Your dude looks like a doofus geek nerd all rolled into 1! :p

LINKINPARK8591
11-19-2008, 07:01 AM
no not exactly i'm not really done with it i keep making changes as i go. he'll look more like me in the next week. just kind of put him together Yeah when i looked at it i said to myself that doesn't look to much like me.

Ry
11-19-2008, 07:17 AM
no not exactly i'm not really done with it i keep making changes as i go. he'll look more like me in the next week. just kind of put him together Yeah when i looked at it i said to myself that doesn't look to much like me.

haha me too, well idk, its fun to play around with them, and then go to delete them and see them go all scared.

LINKINPARK8591
11-19-2008, 07:33 AM
haha me too, well idk, its fun to play around with them, and then go to delete them and see them go all scared.

so your performing avatar cleansing lol, creating a default and forcing the others to watch his demise. j/k

Ninja Scroll
11-19-2008, 07:36 AM

It's all good homie. :D Well I just finished my dude and I can assure you I look just like this Mii,..err.. Avatar! :cool: My only concern, complaint, whatever you want to call it- is the limited create the character options.

I can see Nike, Reebok, Adidas, and other clothing companies licking there chops for making money off these avatars. I will surely be a sucker for Nike/Air Jordan apparel. Right now my dude is sporting fake Timberland boots. I need some fresh name branded Jordans on his feet, and a Nike Swoosh T-Shirt to go with it! :cool:
Aight, got my dude made, time to shower and head to work now! :hump:

wicked_d365
11-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Only took me about 5 mins to download the entire update. I love it, can't wait to play with it for real after the game tonight. I do have one complaint. I have the Gears 2 theme gamestop (look I was nice to them for once) gave away, and the pic in the back is cool, and super detailed, but it only changes the pic when you change blades in the My Xbox section, weak. I would avoid the "premium" themes for a min untill we see if they change it.

CrazyCougar
11-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, It only took a few minutes here to DL and install as well. And so far I love it as well.

Ainokeatoo
11-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, It only took a few minutes here to DL and install as well. And so far I love it as well.

Nice, well those on my friends list love the update as do i. I also like my avatar

thAshAdyOne
11-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Well...I'm at work now...I get off in 30 minutes and have a class at 3...chances are that I'm going home

Ninja Scroll
11-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Like most everyone else, I love this update! :cool: That's cool how when you look at your friends list, and all the people not online have their avatars sleeping, lol! That's tight.
I did however put Gears2 on my 120HDD and did not notice any difference in the load times. Did not seem any faster that before. Obviously it is vastly noticeable though that the 360 fan is not waking up the neighborhood anymore. Pretty damn quite now.

Like cougar said, I have no issues with how they plan to market these avatars by nickle and dime'n us. I'm ready to blow my MS points away ASAP! :hump: NEED OFFICIAL BRANDED GEAR, COME ON, ... WHERE U AT NIKE!;)

I also think the menu is much, much cleaner, polished, edgier, and fresher.
Now you can actually find anything in marketplace much easier. MS will see the difference now more than every with downloaded products.

The itunes "coverflow" highjacking is sweeeet! :p

Shawn-XBA
11-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I love the new dashboard update, a lot of new features. I signed up for the Netflix free trial about 4 hours ago, I'm in the middle of my second movie now. Movies that you put in your queue from Netflix.com get into your queue on the Xbox within seconds and are ready to be watched right away. Both SD and HD movies stream very well, no hiccups at all. The avatars are very cool, not as many customization options as I would have liked. The party system is very nice, the ability to talk to up to 7 friends at the same time is awesome. You have the ability to invite your whole party to a game as well as when you are playing a game you can choose either the party chat or game chat, which comes in very handy sometimes. The ability to be able to install games has become my most favorite feature since the dashboard has come out. Most importantly it makes the console whisper quite which is a huge plus IMO, not only is the console quitier but the load times are also faster. The downside is if you want to install games you really have to have a 120GB HDD as most games take up 3-6GB's each.

Ninja Scroll
11-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I was under the assumption Netflix only came in SD quality. That it could not stream HD movies on the 360, and also that many people where having blury issues with the quality of the movies.
I swore I read about this at ign.com & gamespot.com not too long ago when they were previewing the update before it officially came out like a week or two ago.
I personally think it is too much to go through, but that's just me. I either buy them on Blu ray, or check them out on ComcastHD OnDemand which is just waaaaay to easy and increases my laziness for that single click of a button. :hump:

Variation-XBA
11-19-2008, 11:32 PM
I was under the assumption Netflix only came in SD quality. That it could not stream HD movies on the 360

HD streaming is coming eventually and only on the 360, just not yet.

Shawn-XBA
11-20-2008, 01:51 AM
IDK, I have 7 pages worth of HD movies that I can stream from Netflix. Not all of them are available to be streamed on the Xbox 360 though but they are in HD.