PDA

View Full Version : User Created Xbox 360 Panels

Feeta
11-19-2008, 02:40 PM
No advertising for financial gains allowed without permission from the owner of the site.

SpaceGhost2K
11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
If I broke any forum rules posting this as pennance I will sign up for 1 year of Hello Kitty Online

Actually, I was emailed a complaint about your post that was "advertising," and I'm not sure how to respond to it. On one hand, Wal-Mart is the only official advertiser on the site, since they pay the owner ad fees that help pay for the site. Anyone who could be competition, expecially if they don't pay, is a no-no.

On the other hand, the collectors and customizers advertise their stuff all the time. Generally speaking, we're dealing in things that aren't available at Wal-Mart.

I do know that there are many people who would love to have a retail-quality custom plate for their Xbox. The problem with most of it is licensing. They don't want swirls and polkadots and crap. They want Babylon 5 and Star Wars and Halo and Parasite Eve, etc.

Right now, it is cost prohibitive for a website to get faceplates made because of the quantities required for an initial order, and the overall cost. If you could do plates in 1's, 10's or 100's, and your picture transfer program is adequate, you could probably get a nice gig by contacting websites.

So, let me end with this... at LEAST you're in the right catagory with the faceplates. 1) DON'T pimp the other stuff. 2) Hang out and chat all you want. 3) When the program is up and running, show us off some stuff. Once it's going, you're welcome to sell any XBOX FACEPLATES you can. 4) DON'T shop for investors. Not having seen any actual product, I would not encourage anyone here to invest money in the company. We collect faceplates, not interest in companies. :)

Besides all that, welcome.

On, and if you're a bot.... Hello Kitty would be a godsend.