PDA

View Full Version : netflix help

marty36
12-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi
does anyone know how often netflix's puts new movies on to there watch instantly list? i was told by netflix they add new one's every Wednesday but so far i do not see any new one's yet.

thank you

Variation-XBA
12-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Don't bother asking any of us Canadians as we probably won't get the feature for quite some time :(

CrazyCougar
12-11-2008, 11:10 PM
From what I understand, it is once a week. Since Tuesdays are the DVD release day in the US I would assume that Wednesday would make sense as the day.

The reason you may not see new movies is because they may be added to a different category or genre than you are looking for specifically. But I believe most new releases such as the new Batman movie hit the day after release.

marty36
12-11-2008, 11:39 PM
From what I understand, it is once a week. Since Tuesdays are the DVD release day in the US I would assume that Wednesday would make sense as the day.

The reason you may not see new movies is because they may be added to a different category or genre than you are looking for specifically. But I believe most new releases such as the new Batman movie hit the day after release.

Hi CrazyCougar

i click on watch instantly then click on new arrivale's but it is the same old same old. i do see the new movies i do see batman but its not on watch instantly list.

thank you

hellonearth159
12-12-2008, 12:15 AM
I think it's a licensing issue. Pay per view pays a pretty hefty premium to allow you to watch newly released movies instantly. Netflix is only paying the lower fees associated to older titles for this service. I'm sure the lag between new releases and instant availability will improve over time as more XBOX users sign up.
If microsoft has it's way, maybe we can finally get off this cycle of buying the same movies again and again with every new format they come up with.
I have a couple of Disney movies on VHS, LaserDisc, and DVD. I refuse to buy them again on Blueray!!!

Symmetric-XBA
12-12-2008, 01:21 AM
I may be wrong about this, but silent and I were looking up movies available on netflix, and the interesting thing is that Iron Man (a recent movie) was not on netflix but on the marketplace and in hd. I mean when ms only gets roughly 12,000 movies of netflix's total library you can't expect much. Granted it may expand in the future but for now i guess we just have to wait, and for our friends up north, pray. lol Yeah hell I'm just waiting for the Star Wars Blu Ray version to come out lol then I'll have over 18 different star wars movies total for only 6 movies lol.

gameking28
12-12-2008, 05:28 AM
lol Yeah hell I'm just waiting for the Star Wars Blu Ray version to come out lol then I'll have over 18 different star wars movies total for only 6 movies lol.

Ha, I feel your pain on that one. I'm sure we'll see a Blu-ray release some day - the Star Wars guys like to be the last ones to arrive at the party if the amount of time they took to put the movies on DVD is any indication.

I signed up for Netflix a couple hours ago (I want to catch up on Heroes!) and they said new releases hit the site every Tuesday - consistent with when they would hit store shelves. I haven't had enough experience with it yet to see if that's the case in actual practice though.

CrazyCougar
12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Lets not forget that Sony probably plays a big part in some movies not being instant plays. Sony Pictures along with their affiliates won't hand out licenses for the instant viewing with the thinking that it hurts Microsoft's relationship with Netflix. This will become all the more evident with the HD titles.