http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2008/12/11/the-top-15-xbox-360-case-mods/

These are just amazing check em out
:sleeping:

Variation-XBA
12-17-2008, 07:49 PM
The Halo Bookends one is still my favourite of all time

Ainokeatoo
12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
I like number 4 I'm a big fan of see through LED cases.

rezzurekted
12-18-2008, 08:14 AM
The Half-Life 2 mod is pretty sweet

pastries r fun
12-18-2008, 04:26 PM
some of those are cool but mostly are just external mods, water cooled one is the best but if it goes on live it would be instantly banned, which sucks

KungFuM0nk3y
12-18-2008, 05:03 PM
some of those are cool but mostly are just external mods, water cooled one is the best but if it goes on live it would be instantly banned, which sucks

I'm fairly sure Xbox Live will not ban you for using a console that only has a modded case or water cooling. They are only concerned with hackers that mod consoles to pirate games. If you were to add a new chip, then yes you will get banned.

Alex5101
12-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I really like the 360 Laptop...that is...man...so amazing. XD

pastries r fun
12-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm fairly sure Xbox Live will not ban you for using a console that only has a modded case or water cooling. They are only concerned with hackers that mod consoles to pirate games. If you were to add a new chip, then yes you will get banned.

MS can tell that it is running WAY too cool and will realize its modded and ban it from playing games, so sorry but your facts are 100% correct, its happened to people at a few sites i have visited

Reclaimer
12-20-2008, 08:29 PM
I miss my old Xbox.. the one that Hurricane Rita destroyed. I'll admit it.. I modded the crap out of it.
Well.. a former friend and staff member did the solder work.. (don't ask) I did the rest.

Yes I admit it, I had a modded Xbox but at that point, I had two Xboxes, one for Live and one to have fun with.
I took the jewel off the top, sanded it to be transparent, took a computer case fan light off and glued it to the underside of the jewel so it would glow red. (I cut a hole in the top lid)
Put artic silver on the CPU and GPU, put better fans on them, hacked up the hard drive trays to accomodate the new fans plus the case fan I put in.
Bigger hard drive. Like massive hard drive.
Basically that Xbox became a home entertainment unit.
Out of respect for the site I won't talk about what software I was running but before it was destroyed I turned it into a Linux box. Soldered a USB 4 port hub and used a keyboard and mouse to cruise the web on my TV.

Believe it or not, I never stole games off the internet. I did install the games I would buy on the hard drive though back then. (well except for one but that was a pain in the ass and I just took it off. Don't ask me about it)

It was an awesome little rig. Then it got ruined during the hurricane and left me with a legit Xbox which I loved to death until it just fell apart with old age.

Then after a bit I moved on to a 360.

/end story

rezzurekted
12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
MS can tell that it is running WAY too cool and will realize its modded and ban it from playing games, so sorry but your facts are 100% correct, its happened to people at a few sites i have visited

please dont talk wet man, Just because there is a water cooler doesnt mean you'll get banned, Mircosoft will probly patt you on the back for coming up with a great idea to stop it RRODing there is no way in hell they will ban you thats the most stupid comment ive ever read lol. You dont but any extra chips in your sytem to add a water cooler, i think these sites you've visited are blowing smoke out your ass, Oh and so you know you also dont get kicked off live for having it modded (chipwise) there's ways around it as most of my friends have hacked 360 and ALWAYS play LIVE games with me. Before you argue the case with me of "Rezz you full of sh*t" its called stealthing me dear boy

pastries r fun
12-21-2008, 10:50 PM
sorry but your persistence and egotistical train of thought are hard to comprehend...do you now what it is to be wrong? because that SIR is a load of BULLSH()T SIR!!! you might want hands on experience before you go around show boating and boasting of your knowledge, think and ask around i will retract all my comments if you can find definitive proof that MS WILL NOT ban your xbox for being modded excessively.

pastries r fun
12-21-2008, 10:53 PM
please dont talk wet man, Just because there is a water cooler doesnt mean you'll get banned, Mircosoft will probly patt you on the back for coming up with a great idea to stop it RRODing there is no way in hell they will ban you thats the most stupid comment ive ever read lol. You dont but any extra chips in your sytem to add a water cooler, i think these sites you've visited are blowing smoke out your ass, Oh and so you know you also dont get kicked off live for having it modded (chipwise) there's ways around it as most of my friends have hacked 360 and ALWAYS play LIVE games with me. Before you argue the case with me of "Rezz you full of sh*t" its called stealthing me dear boy

BTW hacked and flashed 360s are much different than modded 360s, those cant be seen as easily by MS

rezzurekted
12-21-2008, 11:42 PM
sorry but your persistence and egotistical train of thought are hard to comprehend...do you now what it is to be wrong? because that SIR is a load of BULLSH()T SIR!!! you might want hands on experience before you go around show boating and boasting of your knowledge, think and ask around i will retract all my comments if you can find definitive proof that MS WILL NOT ban your xbox for being modded excessively.

ROFL sorry didnt realise you was studying Game development like me. Weird huh? You'll find im not wrong here. There is no way in HELL that just because you have put a water cooler in your system will mean you will be banned from live! im so sorry that your still wrong but face facts you clearly are!. And as for your advice for me having "hands on ecperience" Sonshine ive touched more than you've seen! So dont try pulling the wool over my eyes. Oh and just so you know a hacked and flashed xbox 360 or what ever it is would still be a mod as you are modifying the console/item! and change is called a modifying! Might wanna look that up incase you think im wrong about that aswell kiddo.

You my friend have just been school as well as TOLD!!!

coming on here telling me that im wrong about moding a xbox in a completely legal way. There is only thing that will happen when any person Visualy edits there xbox or installs hardware (ie a cooling system amd anything that does not involve breaking the copyright laws) is that they will indeed loose there gurantee nothing else not a ban!

Face it sonshine you truely have been schooled here!

rezzurekted
12-21-2008, 11:53 PM

Sorry just to go back on a old post. But how in the hell will mircosoft be able to tell if you xbox 360 is runing wa too cool? if they cant find people with stealthed xboxs then how are they goin to tell if you console is too cool you have just proved your own stupidity here sorry but its there in black and white now,

Please no more comments from you on this subject you clearly arent clever enough for this kind of talk lulz :cool:

J Dub
12-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Considering most modern day PCs (and many PCs of yesteryear) have built-in temperature monitors, I don't see why it would be difficult for Microsoft to monitor temperatures and possibly boot people for have temperatures too low.

Having said that, why would they boot you for keeping your Xbox cool? Doesn't make sense to me.

pastries r fun
12-22-2008, 02:57 PM
ROFL sorry didnt realise you was studying Game development like me. Weird huh? You'll find im not wrong here. There is no way in HELL that just because you have put a water cooler in your system will mean you will be banned from live! im so sorry that your still wrong but face facts you clearly are!. And as for your advice for me having "hands on ecperience" Sonshine ive touched more than you've seen! So dont try pulling the wool over my eyes. Oh and just so you know a hacked and flashed xbox 360 or what ever it is would still be a mod as you are modifying the console/item! and change is called a modifying! Might wanna look that up incase you think im wrong about that aswell kiddo.

You my friend have just been school as well as TOLD!!!

coming on here telling me that im wrong about moding a xbox in a completely legal way. There is only thing that will happen when any person Visualy edits there xbox or installs hardware (ie a cooling system amd anything that does not involve breaking the copyright laws) is that they will indeed loose there gurantee nothing else not a ban!

Face it sonshine you truely have been schooled here!

Sorry just to go back on a old post. But how in the hell will mircosoft be able to tell if you xbox 360 is runing wa too cool? if they cant find people with stealthed xboxs then how are they goin to tell if you console is too cool you have just proved your own stupidity here sorry but its there in black and white now,

Please no more comments from you on this subject you clearly arent clever enough for this kind of talk lulz :cool:

calm down there. Here is where your wrong, modifying lets explore that okay? their is hardware mods such as coolers fans and lights, and software mods like "flashing" and xbox 360 so that it can burn and play downloaded games. CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE??? sorry but your idiocy is astounding you must have your entire house or apartment or room filled with pictures of yourself to satisfy your ego...anyways fyi MS can observe which consoles are running on what temperature when they are connected to live, and they assume that when you have one running WAY too cool, that you have modded it and therefore it is breaking terms of use and furthermore BANABLE!!!! YAYAYAYYAY so yes it can and will be banned, stop being so damn persistent at being wrong, its really ****ing ANNOYING!!!

Ainokeatoo
12-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Considering most modern day PCs (and many PCs of yesteryear) have built-in temperature monitors, I don't see why it would be difficult for Microsoft to monitor temperatures and possibly boot people for have temperatures too low.

Having said that, why would they boot you for keeping your Xbox cool? Doesn't make sense to me.

I'd like to see it happen first though, I know plenty people with water cooled 360's don't know if any of them got booted from live yet. So long as you're not being reported for modding or what not during games to get an unfair advantage over other players I don't see the problem. But then again, maybe the unfair advantage would be not having the xbox freeze in the middle of the game like they're supposed to? :P

I don't think it's plausible that they would ban you because you want to make sure your product lasts.

You two up there, stop the name calling and the degrading remarks, i'm up for a good debate prove your point and prove the other, but, don't insult each other.

Reclaimer
12-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I just seriously doubt Microsoft's XBL servers poll individual Xbox 360's connected to the server to query hardware temperature as observed by the Bios of each unique 360.

Then to go through on the spot and determine which temperature samples fall within some predetermined parameter. Obviously the parameter must have some leverage to account for people who use fan coolers and so on.

Seems a bit excessive to me.

pastries r fun
12-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I'd like to see it happen first though, I know plenty people with water cooled 360's don't know if any of them got booted from live yet. So long as you're not being reported for modding or what not during games to get an unfair advantage over other players I don't see the problem. But then again, maybe the unfair advantage would be not having the xbox freeze in the middle of the game like they're supposed to? :P

I don't think it's plausible that they would ban you because you want to make sure your product lasts.

You two up there, stop the name calling and the degrading remarks, i'm up for a good debate prove your point and prove the other, but, don't insult each other.

i havent really insulted him just observed his social interaction faults and egotistical point of view

rezzurekted
12-28-2008, 12:48 PM
calm down there. Here is where your wrong, modifying lets explore that okay? their is hardware mods such as coolers fans and lights, and software mods like "flashing" and xbox 360 so that it can burn and play downloaded games. CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE??? sorry but your idiocy is astounding you must have your entire house or apartment or room filled with pictures of yourself to satisfy your ego...anyways fyi MS can observe which consoles are running on what temperature when they are connected to live, and they assume that when you have one running WAY too cool, that you have modded it and therefore it is breaking terms of use and furthermore BANABLE!!!! YAYAYAYYAY so yes it can and will be banned, stop being so damn persistent at being wrong, its really ****ing ANNOYING!!!

your a parrot you just said what i said you know nothing and i aint saying i know everything but as for other people post they seem to be with me on this. Go bug someone else child please. Ive grown tired of you now.