PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Everyone!

gameking28
01-01-2009, 07:35 AM
2008 was a tough year for pretty much everyone financially. Here on a website devoted to xbox and in our little faceplate collecting section especially, the effects of a bear market can be felt. I know I built up most of my collection in 2007 and it seems like I didn't buy much of anything in 2008.

We've seen a lot of changes around here in the last year - thanks to the tireless efforts of SpaceGhost2K and Kamshaft (the former being the man that brought most of us here and the latter the founder of XBA itself), we've seen the rise of the most comprehensive faceplate database anywhere; and it is still being expanded upon and improved as more faceplates enter the world. As one of the members here can tell you (tacohead), building and maintaining a faceplate database is a very difficult task and really something to be proud of.

Old members have disappeared, but in their place new ones have arrived - some with incredible talent over in the customizers corner.

As 2009 begins I am extremely grateful to have a place where I can go to share my hobby with other people like you guys (and girls - we do have a couple on here)! It's very easy for someone to join and not contribute - just checking out the "Head's UP!" or "Deals!" threads for tips on what's available on eBay, but the people that do stick around and throw in their two cents from time to time are what keep me coming back and what make this such a fun place.

Here's to 2009! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and wish everyone the best in this new year! :cheers:

SpaceGhost2K
01-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Thank you to everybody, those who contribute and those who just drop in to check us out just to appreciate the hobby and what we do here.

When I first started this madness, it was April 7, 2007. I made the "Design an Elite Faceplate Contest." I had no idea it would result in this.

Once I get into the groove of the new job, I promise you'll start seeing more from me, both in the form of contests, customs and my own collection. Not to mention a couple other surprises up my sleeves. We're not dying and we're not fading away. We WILL be stronger, and louder, and shinier.

Happy New Year, to all y'all.

Fargoth
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Happy New Year. 2008 is a year I will truely a year I won't forget. Honestly I can say Good Riddance. I hope 2009 will be a better year for everyone.

Enamelized420
01-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Here's to to a great 2009!!!

Variation-XBA
01-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Happy New Years fellow faceplate peeps!

Shawn-XBA
01-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

mrpunchy
01-01-2009, 05:46 PM
First Happy New Years to all of you.
Second In finding this place you all have justified a desire to collect faceplates. So while I may thank you my wife thinks that you all are spending her money!:yikes::cuss:;);)

pastries r fun
01-01-2009, 11:13 PM
its been fun guys, the faceplate forum has really developed in the year i have been here, and i really enjoyed hanging out with you guys, have a great new year guys and cya around the forums