PDA

View Full Version : Best Game?

XBOX Nerd
01-02-2009, 03:43 AM
What game do you think would be best for me? All I played was Left 4 Dead and I really liked that game. Are there other games that would be the same or kinda the same?

WillyV2
01-02-2009, 05:30 AM
What game do you think would be best for me? All I played was Left 4 Dead and I really liked that game. Are there other games that would be the same or kinda the same?

What genre of game do you like in general?

I would suggest picking up Call of Duty 4, maybe even CoD: World at War if you like shooters.

Ainokeatoo
01-02-2009, 03:03 PM

I'll go through the genre's that are my picks in my opinion.

Shooters:
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Saints Row 2
Grand theft auto IV
Call of duty four or Call of duty World at War

RPG:
Fable 2
Mass Effect

Sports:
I don't play much of the sports game, but the soccer ones are fun.

Fighting:
Naruto Rise of a ninja or Naruto broken bonds (if you like the anime)
Dead or Alive 4, though I don't know how many people still play online.
Star Wars The Force Unleashed, not an online game, but I thought it was fun.

Racing:
Burnout Paradise, worth the buy, it's actually challenging and really fun. But, you have to unlock cars to use them online.

Some games to stay CLEAR away from.

Two worlds, it was a good looking game, but they entirely messed up the Frames Per Second and it's still messed up, I haven't been able to get halfway through the game because of it.

Final Fantasy XI - Worst MMORPG in my opinion, economy in the game is messed up beyond repair, the most creatures drop is about 100 gold if you're extremely lucky that they drop any at all. Low level weapons cost way to much and by the time you can afford them you're past the level and need better equips, not worth the time.

pastries r fun
01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
for multiplayer...
Left for Dead (for an amazing co-op experience)
Gears of War 2 (Every mode is made around co-op and multiplayer is a addicting and exhilarating experience that leaves you begging for more carnage)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (great co-op coinciding with an amazing tactical and realistic multiplayer experience)

For single player...
Mirrors edge (entirely new experience and beyond all its fun and addicting, the controls are different but once you get them down it becomes a thrilling and joyous experience to attempt to tackle different time trials and levels to compete to be the best runner on the leaderboards)

Fallout 3 (with a full and crazy setting this game delivers a fulfilling dialogue experience alongside a crazy customizable weapons and fps like gameplay, also a rocket launcher that you can use to shoot anything....ANYTHING!!!!! and all that i know without even playing the game

NiNeBReaKeR
01-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Well the only other Zombie game i know of for the 360 is dead rising and that game was amazing but its a little old and may be hard to find i dont know.
if its shooter games you lookin for
Call of Duty 4, World at War
Gears of War 1 + 2 of course
Halo 3

Ive put alot of time into Fallout 3 lately and basically you where locked up in a vault underground your whole life cause of a nuclear fallout turns everything into a radioactive wasteland and you get a main story to work on and TONS of free roaming and sidequests to take part in. Its just like oblivion and morrowind in a shooter game form its alot of fun and the world that you can explore is HUGE.

yeah i got the Rock-it Launcher as they call it. you can put anything in there. got a head shot on a raider will a bent tin can. took his head clean off i laughed my ass off. think soda bottles,teddy bears,plungers,an iron,coffee pots anything

Lieutenant Ownd
01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I haven't played Left 4 Dead yet; heard its good..

Um, for Shooters..

CoD4: In my opinion, one of the best Online games. Story's good, also, but the online playability is great; people still prefer it over CoD:WAW.

Halo 3: Good first time shooter, great Custom Games system. Might want to stay in a party, though; seems as if only 8-10 year olds play Matchmaking anymore. Good multi-player fun.

GoW2: Great game, story's good, you don't really need to play the first one to understand what's going on. Online play can be VERY FRUSTRATING at times, but once you get the hang of it, it's great.

Bioshock: Good game, gets a tad old after a bit, but the story will keep you going. No online play.

For Racing:

NFS: Undercover: Actually a good game. The customization system is WAY different, sort of locked up, but its a decent game. Has a fun online game mode called Cops and Robbers.

For Adventure:

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: One of THE BEST games I have EVER played. It's so big , scenery seems real, and there are so many quests to do. Amazing character customization system, once you play you'll be wanting to play it for DAYS. Plus, you can get the expansion packs with it to unlock more lands to explore and more quests to do.

Thats about all I've played.

Hope it helps.

XBOX Nerd
01-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I guess I will try "Call of Duty" also what is "Halo" if you can explain what both are about. Also one questions, how much is everything? Like adding the online card (I heard you needed one), the main box, a game (Mostly Left 4 Dead), etc.

l Maximus l
01-03-2009, 03:37 AM
I guess I will try "Call of Duty" also what is "Halo" if you can explain what both are about. Also one questions, how much is everything? Like adding the online card (I heard you needed one), the main box, a game (Mostly Left 4 Dead), etc.

You don't know what Halo is? I'm jealous....why? Because I would absolutely love to experience it for the first time all over again!

Purchase Halo: Combat Evolved. That is the first one. You should be able to find it for cheap - $10 or less, because it's been out for a long time. It's an Original XBox game, but, it's so good, it doesn't matter. It will play perfectly on your 360.

Halo 2 is good, but, not nearly as good as Halo CE (Combat Evolved that I mentioned above). Halo 3 is amazing, though.

Anyway, you have to start from the beginning by getting the first one! Do you have a buddy? Play split screen co-op...it's awesome.

Halo is a first person shooter in which you play a Marine in the year 2552. The first game predominately is in space where you play on a man-made planet that is in the shape of a "halo" (like a ring). Anyway, think of a giant "ring" (or halo) where you are anywhere on the inside of it...on the surface. When you look up, you'll see the planet halo progress upwards doing a loop all the way around to where you are. It's pretty awesome - obviously, only viewable when you're outside, of course.

Halo CE single handily redefined first person shooters by setting a new benchmark.

As for XBox Live: You have to have high speed internet (Cable or DSL) first. You also will need to purchase a router if you don't have one already. You can sign up right on your XBox 360. XBox Live offers a ton of stuff above and beyond playing with or against people all around the world. For instance, download movies, games, demos, Netflix, and a lot more. Halo CE is not XBox Live compatible, sadly, but, Halo 2 and Halo 3 are.

Gears of War 1 and 2 are great shooters, too. They are more of a third person shooter that play like a first person shooter with how the crosshairs operate. Killer games, for sure.

Ainokeatoo
01-03-2009, 04:26 AM

Depending on where you get it, walmart is doing bundles, Indiana jones lego game, Kung Fu panda, and one game of your choice from their list. 13 Month xbox live card which you will need to play online (usually about 50 bucks). A wired (or wireless for ten bucks more), for $419, this also comes with the console of which has the new 60 gigabyte hard drive allowing you to store more things on it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7893550

Not Yellow
01-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Halo 3
Call of Duty: WaW > Call of Duty 4
Bioshock
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Rockband 2/GHWT
Mirrors Edge
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Grand Theft Auto 4

Variation-XBA
01-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Purchase Halo: Combat Evolved. That is the first one. You should be able to find it for cheap - $10 or less, because it's been out for a long time. It's an Original XBox game, but, it's so good, it doesn't matter. It will play perfectly on your 360.

Halo 2 is good, but, not nearly as good as Halo CE (Combat Evolved that I mentioned above). Halo 3 is amazing, though.

You can download Halo 1 and 2 right on your 360 without having to go hunt down a disc remember!

pastries r fun
01-03-2009, 03:38 PM
You can download Halo 1 and 2 right on your 360 without having to go hunt down a disc remember!

ya i have it on mine, loads great and everything, also wish they had incorporated live into it but that would have been alot of work and i have the other 2 for that

Ainokeatoo
01-03-2009, 05:22 PM
ya i have it on mine, loads great and everything, also wish they had incorporated live into it but that would have been alot of work and i have the other 2 for that

Nah the first one never had live, in fact, i believe, it was released before live was available. When it was still in beta testing, Var and a few here can tell you all about that.

XBOX Nerd
01-03-2009, 07:59 PM
OK so I need the main box thing (Of course), a online card, and a wire thing? So in total its around $419? :D

pastries r fun
01-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Nah the first one never had live, in fact, i believe, it was released before live was available. When it was still in beta testing, Var and a few here can tell you all about that.

no i know, you could still play online multi if u had it on pc

Variation-XBA
01-03-2009, 09:36 PM

Yea, Halo was a launch game, LIVE didn't come till exactly one year later.

l Maximus l
01-03-2009, 09:42 PM
OK so I need the main box thing (Of course), a online card, and a wire thing? So in total its around $419? :D

Once you purchase a router, you can set up XBox Live right from your XBox 360. Just go to the XBox Live tab and follow the steps to get set up.

When you purchase a router, make sure it works with XBox Live. Most of them do; however, there are a few out there that don't. If you buy a Linksys router, you're good to go. Linksys is a name brand.

If you have cable internet, just hook the cable into the cable modem and then connect a CAT5 patch cable into the modem and put it into the "Uplink" port on your router. From the router, use any of the open ports (like Port 1) and plug in another patch cable into that and the other end into the port on the back of your XBox 360. Reset your modem and router by unplugging your modem and wait 30 seconds...then wait 30 seconds to plug in your router. Let it load up after another 30 seconds and then turn on your 360.

From then on out, all you have to do is turn on your 360 and you're golden. To sign up for XBox Live, just go to the XBox Live tab and follow the instructions to get set up. $50 will automatically be withdrawn from your account for the entire year. With XBox Live, you can play on-line, play free demos, purchase games, movies, etc.

Welcome to the 21st century in gaming!

l Maximus l
01-03-2009, 09:43 PM

Doh! You're right - well, I mainly said that just in case he doesn't get XBox Live...but, you're right - if he gets XBox Live, he may as well as download them!

Ainokeatoo
01-04-2009, 10:09 AM

The online card or if you have a credit card it can automatically renew your subscription when it's finished so if you have a credit card and want to use that you don't need the xbox live 13 month card. You need a controller, I don't remember if the xbox comes with a controller or not but most likely you'll need one, and with that bundle it comes free, at least the wired does, the wireless controller is only ten bucks more. So all of that plus one three free games, you get to pick one out of the three for free. All of that is $419 I thought you'd like that bundle as one of your free games you could choose some pretty good ones. New to.

OBL infad3ll
01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
since Left 4 dead is very fast paced, another faced paced fps you might like is unreal 3. in my oppinion thats the closest to L4D there is. or maybe FEAR.

UrNowRIPPED
01-15-2009, 03:19 AM
There Aren't Alot Of Games What You Could Basically Evolve Around L4D!
But I Would Recommend Unreal Tournament 3, Great Online.
FEAR. But Beware In Mind That FEAR2 Comes Out Sometime This Year :)

Danny

Symmetric-XBA
01-15-2009, 04:22 AM
FPS:
Halo 3 - Its like a drug you just can't put down even after years of playing it.
COD 4 - The only FPS to dethrone halo 3 in online play so thats gotta say something about the quality.

Zombie
Left 4 Dead - I've seen my friend play through it and its very entertaining, def. a new twist on the zombie horror games.
Dead Space - If you are into survival horror (bioshock) then this game should never leave your library.
Bioshock - "Would you Kindly" has never haunted my dreams till this game came out. A def. purchase.

Adventure:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - If you're into star wars, then pick this game up immediately. Great storyline and a wonderfull soundtrack (thank you skywalker sound) there are some amazing surprizes as well that will make you be thankfull you went to the dark side.

Oblivion - I've had the collectors edt. of this game since it came out and it has to be hands down one of my all time fav. 360 games. So much depth and beauty with a soundtrack that is phenominal. A must have.

Fallout 3 - Atomic aftermath, guns, and done by the same people that did Oblivion?? All is a recipe for one amazing game. Get ready to go atomic w/ this great game.

Racing
Forza 2 - crazy art work, amazing cars, real life physics engines, and a multiplayer experience unlike any other racer, this game is one you will wanna hold on to.

Grid - A solid race title hands down. This will def. make you part w/ another $59.99 (i'm almost pos. you can find it cheaper used). Def buy this is you love racing titles.

Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - I know its an arcade title but this legend is worth every single MS point you spend on it. I wish other titles would follow suit. Very solid fighting game, hey its Street Fighter for cryin out loud lol.

DOA 4 - Fluid, Fast, Beautifull, all of these words fit DOA 4 perfectly. The online is very good (i'll still throw down if anyone wants a game lol) and the quality and design from team ninja is spot on amazing.

Virtua Fighter 5 - Wow, get ready to do your homework, but if you can master the button presses and the movement timing then this game will open itself up to you and allow you to enjoy one of the most in depth fighters ever made.

Sports
What can I say about sports games, just buy the latest version of it, play it constantly and then trade it in immediately before your trade in value drops to $1 lol.

Ainokeatoo
01-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Lmao Sym, back in my day, I was a DoA4 Jan Lee/Brad Wong/Hayabusa master I was rarely beatable, and was often called a counter whore. Lol if I can get back in the groove i'd gladly take you.

StudioAlex
01-21-2009, 01:31 PM
If you really enjoy the zombie genre, I'd recommend Dead Rising. Different style game but great, zombie smashing fun!

Steeps5
01-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Great games in my opinion:

Shooter- Call of Duty 4 (better than world at war)
Gears of Wars 2
Grand Theft Auto IV (amazing game)

Strategy- Civilization Revolution
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3

Racing- GRID (got mine for $16 from Gamefly)