PDA

View Full Version : Uk Countdown

GeordieTheSith
03-09-2002, 05:28 AM
Im new here just thought id do a UK countdown as i cant see one on here anyway.........

5 days to go :D:D:D:D:eek:

4 days to go :D:D:D:D:eek:

2 days to go

Only 1 Day left, 1 day left, walking along singing a song walking in an Xbox wonderland.

Afro Aura
03-09-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by GeordieTheSith
Im new here just thought id do a UK countdown as i cant see one on here anyway.........

5 days to go :D:D:D:D:eek:
OK I'll join you on your way to the new Christmas 14/3/02

I've been there before but it's nice to know I'll be there again Yeeaaahh

Mr.XboxLover
03-09-2002, 11:23 AM
Hello,

I get my Xbox March 15th and personally - IM EXCITED!!! :eek:

I cant believe I have preordered a £700 xbox!!! Thats including all the major kits and games et cetera. Once i get this baby going be sure to look out for more reviews and forum posts!!

I think Will Youngs 'Evergreen' (Or should that be Westlife's) is dedicated to Xbox, lol. Number 1 single (Stole it off Gareth Gates you posh gimp) for a Number 1 console!!

Chocs-Away

Mr.XboxLover

HaloUK
03-09-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr.XboxLover
Stole it off Gareth Gates you posh gimp
It's Gareth who's the gimp - he's more like a girl! They should get him to cover 'My Generation', he should do that fine with his stutter ;-)

Anyway, back to the subject, 5 days to go!!!! (drool, drool)

Mr.XboxLover
03-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Hellooooo, earth to HaloUK,

Why are you taking the mick out of people with stutters, his stuttering doesnt affect his singing anyway!!! As for a girly person, so what - FLOWER POWER!!!! Crawl back to your pro-heterosexual anti-stuttering orthodoxy!

Now Will where do I start!!! On my trip to Reading, guess who I met with my mate, oh yes you guessed it Will!!! I have never met such a posh snob in my life!!! He basically told us that he was above us and didnt want to talk. He hasnt sung on TV since winning either, do you know why! I do coz he thinks he's above it all! Hes got such an ego problem ..~'now who does that remind me of?? Will cant even get his own song!!! He nicked it off West-life!

<<may the games continue>>

**hehe**

Mr.XboxLover

HaloUK
03-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Why are you taking the mick out of people with stutters, his stuttering doesnt affect his singing anyway!!! As for a girly person, so what - FLOWER POWER!!!! Crawl back to your pro-heterosexual anti-stuttering orthodoxy!

Now Will where do I start!!! On my trip to Reading, guess who I met with my mate, oh yes you guessed it Will!!! I have never met such a posh snob in my life!!! He basically told us that he was above us and didnt want to talk. He hasnt sung on TV since winning either, do you know why! I do coz he thinks he's above it all! Hes got such an ego problem ..~'now who does that remind me of?? Will cant even get his own song!!! He nicked it off West-life!
Will HAS sung on TV since (he was on twice just this morning) but I want to make it clear that I don't care for either him or Gareth. You can't complain that he nicked the song off Westlife as most of the time that Gareth opens his mouth a Westlife song falls out!! (and he won't have a choice in what songs he sings as he is just another pop puppet).
Also, by calling Gareth a girl I was in no way being homophobic - I was merely stating fact. I apologise for the stuttering joke though as it was in poor taste...

Kilik
03-09-2002, 10:25 PM
You people in the UK are in for a real treat when you get the
XBOX. I just love the system and the future games look like
they're going to be even better than the great games allready
out.

Afro Aura
03-09-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Kilik
You people in the UK are in for a real treat when you get the
XBOX. I just love the system and the future games look like
they're going to be even better than the great games allready
out.
Yep your right mate, I've got myself a US XBOX and I just waiting in line for my good old PAL, games like Rallisport Challenge thats the first game I'm getting for my PAL XBOX as I've got Halo, JSRF, DoA3, Genma Onimusha, Wreckless are all awesome and some of the other titles I got rid of as I completed them Max Payne, Silent Hill 2 and so on. Oh yes this is gonna be a happy new Christmas for me on the 14/3/02

Halo of Flies
03-10-2002, 02:32 AM
Only 4 days left!!! I can't wait!
:D :D :D

Mr.XboxLover
03-10-2002, 03:46 AM
I apologise for the stuttering joke though as it was in poor taste...

I was only having a little fun!!! Its wrong of me to wind you up! I apologise also. Im a very big fan of Gareth, was a big fan of Zoe, but she got kicked (mind you it is understandable).

Only 4 days left!!! I can't wait!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :eek: :eek: :eek: :p
**bouncing up and down**

Well here in Norfolk there isnt hardly any Hype for Xbox, im the only person i know even getting oneby the sounds of it!!! Oh well, i shall be an good little deciple and spread the word. It doesnt help that the Xbox in EB says "please consult our microsoft support centre" and thats the only kiost in town. Mind you they only started advertising this week.
I have only seen ONE xbox advert, so I think microsoft must be relying on hype more than anything. I didnt think the advert was very good persoanlly. It was very swish, but i think Bill Gates type of humour is different here. People landing in graves isnt really that appealing to me.

Cant wait for Xmass Eve - I'll put some cables down with a glass of oil and hope Mr.Claus does special delivery.

Mr.XboxLover

GeordieTheSith
03-10-2002, 04:38 AM
Wooooo only 4 days left :D Can wait, need to have my xbox ive waited long enough :D

mattcoxonline
03-10-2002, 06:50 AM
I pre-ordered my Xbox through Gameplay.co.uk and they said that they are sending them out on the 12 and 13th so people get them in time for launch.
Maybe if they send mine out on the 12th I will get it on the 13th - here's to hoping!
*opens a beer* [:D]

Maximus, teaching me bad habits...tut, tut! [;)]

Mr.XboxLover
03-10-2002, 06:54 AM
That maximus!! Bad bad boy! lol
~~opens a beer and a bag of peanuts, then put his feel on the table~~

Mr.XboxLover

Halo of Flies
03-10-2002, 12:30 PM

I was only having a little fun!!! Its wrong of me to wind you up! I apologise also.
Thanks, anyway lets all just concentrate on looking forward to the XBox. 4 days to go!!! :D

.. and yes, I've had a slight name change.

Mr.XboxLover
03-10-2002, 12:36 PM
:D

Thanks, anyway lets all just concentrate on looking forward to the XBox. 4 days to go!!!

Yeh its 5 for me as I have to wait an extra day, boooohooooo. I wont bore you with my sob story. Have fun!!!

Like the new name :p

Mr.XBoxLover

nick san
03-10-2002, 01:26 PM
So whats everyone getting with thier XBox?

I'm getting:
Console
Halo
THPS3
Extra Joypad
Rf adapter
DVD kit

all for about £430, not too bad if you ask me.

Halo of Flies
03-10-2002, 02:24 PM
On the 14th it's just gonna be the bare essentials for me - an XBox and Halo!

GeordieTheSith
03-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Im getting the:
console
Extra controller
Halo
JSRF

Then a couple of weeks later im getting another couple of games and a DVD kit, im not in a rush for the DVD kit though, i just watch the DVD's on my PS2 or on my Comp pref my comp :D

Mr.XboxLover
03-10-2002, 03:46 PM
Xbox Console
Halo
DOA3
Project Gotham Racing
Extra Controller
Advanced Scart Cable
DVD Kit

Was going to get Fuzion frenzy but I have a demo i'll try first as its not very good apparently!

Rock Steady

Mr.XboxLover

Afro Aura
03-10-2002, 04:40 PM
Xbox Console
Halo
DOA3
Project Gotham Racing
Extra Controller
Advanced Scart Cable
DVD Kit

Was going to get Fuzion frenzy but I have a demo i'll try first as its not very good apparently!

Rock Steady

Mr.XboxLover
Yeah it's not very good if your playing on your own, maybe ok if there are more that 4 people in the house, if not then forget it

Mr.XboxLover
03-11-2002, 01:25 AM
Hiya

I did play it round my mates, and did write a review about it. I didnt think it was that bad, but I would get bored with it after a day maximum.

I think its a great idea just its execution was very good.

I have ordered more than I put but they arnt released until later in the month.

Good Morning everyone

:)

Mr.XboxLover

Halo of Flies
03-11-2002, 03:52 AM
THREE DAYS TO GO!!!!

I said a few weeks ago that I had found out that I have a hospital appointment on the 13th and I thought back then that it had taken the shine off the XBox's release. But as it get closer I don't even consider the hospital 'cos I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to the XBox!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

GeordieTheSith
03-11-2002, 07:25 AM
3 Days to go :D:D:D:D:eek:

Halo of Flies
03-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Bah! I just found out that our local 'Game' store will be opening at midnight on Wednesday night. That would be great news if I hadn't ordered my XBox from Dixons - I'll have to wait 'till eight on Thursday morning!!!

Mr.XboxLover
03-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Hiya

I cant wait to get my Xbox on the Friday, a day late but oh well. I have heard people saying that their Xboxs' are ready and in the shops already. I thought that none of the Xbox hardwear arrives in stores until tomorrow.

Cant wait **giggles like a naughty school-girl**

Mr.XboxLover

GeordieTheSith
03-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Ive got mine ordered at Toys r us, so i guess im going to have to wait till Thurs morning, but i'll be there 30 mins before the shop opens that a fact :D

Halo of Flies
03-11-2002, 05:54 PM
I have heard people saying that their Xboxs' are ready and in the shops already. I thought that none of the Xbox hardwear arrives in stores until tomorrow.

The guy I spoke to in Dixons today said they already have all their XBox stock and in Game they had Halo running on the demo machine.
I had a quick go and am a little worried because I wasn't completely bowled over. It looked very good but ... am I expecting too much? :confused:

Afro Aura
03-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies

The guy I spoke to in Dixons today said they already have all their XBox stock and in Game they had Halo running on the demo machine.
I had a quick go and am a little worried because I wasn't completely bowled over. It looked very good but ... am I expecting too much? :confused:
Hey dude you in the shop playing the game I'm not sure what level you where on but I'm telling you this game is brilliant wait until you take it home then play you'll see this game kicks ass and if you play it in cooperative play it's even better

tmo
03-11-2002, 06:11 PM
not long b4 i get my X-BOX, role on 14th. Getting Halo and Max Payne plus extra controller and Advanced AV Pack !! Then it's hours of solid excitement !! Yeeeha !! :eek:

Halo of Flies
03-11-2002, 06:15 PM
I admit that I only had 5 minutes on it. It was in co-operative mode but me and some other bloke just had a run around shooting each other. we were on a beach and a hill with trees and occasionally I'd bump into an alien or two.
I love FPSs (my fave type of games) and this did look very good, but I was expecting to be knocked out over it. Half-life is probably my fave and I'd heard this was better. It certainly looked nicer but HL is soo old now and I don't think it looked as nice as recent PC games (MOHAA etc.) as the poly-count seemed a bit low.
I am still looking forward to Thursday but am a little scared of feeling dissapointed.....
Also the aliens looked a bit too clean and cute - I prefer nasty enemies. Please let this game blow me away!

Afro Aura
03-11-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by tmo
not long b4 i get my X-BOX, role on 14th. Getting Halo and Max Payne plus extra controller and Advanced AV Pack !! Then it's hours of solid excitement !! Yeeeha !! :eek:
Welcome tmo
Nice to know you've chosen the best XBOX site on the net anyway I hope you have a great time with your XBOX and the many hours of sleep your gonna lose

Have fun

tmo
03-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Cant wait, not long now, been running an application called Sametime at work which is our own little XBOX forumz, convinced 3 guys to get an XBox with all web links to W!LD xbox sites and reviews ;)

Role on March 14th..........Getting Halo, Max Payne, DOA3 and Oddesey.....:eek:

Afro Aura
03-11-2002, 06:24 PM
I admit that I only had 5 minutes on it. It was in co-operative mode but me and some other bloke just had a run around shooting each other. we were on a beach and a hill with trees and occasionally I'd bump into an alien or two.
I love FPSs (my fave type of games) and this did look very good, but I was expecting to be knocked out over it. Half-life is probably my fave and I'd heard this was better. It certainly looked nicer but HL is soo old now and I don't think it looked as nice as recent PC games (MOHAA etc.) as the poly-count seemed a bit low.
I am still looking forward to Thursday but am a little scared of feeling dissapointed.....
Also the aliens looked a bit too clean and cute - I prefer nasty enemies. Please let this game blow me away!
LOL you'll find them mate just keep looking, play the game on your own first then see how good the game really is. I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed

Afro Aura
03-11-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by tmo
Cant wait, not long now, been running an application called Sametime at work which is our own little XBOX forumz, convinced 3 guys to get an XBox with all web links to W!LD xbox sites and reviews ;)

Role on March 14th..........Getting Halo, Max Payne, DOA3 and Oddesey.....:eek:
good on ya mate, you know you've done the right thing lol

Halo of Flies
03-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

LOL you'll find them mate just keep looking, play the game on your own first then see how good the game really is. I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed

OK, I'll try to stay positive (LOL). Anyway it's 1.14am on Tuesday so ... TWO DAYS TO GO!!! :D :D :D

Mr.XboxLover
03-12-2002, 01:30 AM
Hiya

I must say its not Halo I am looking forward to. Some of the things I have seen in it are exciting, but others look a bit weak. I have played Halo a bit on multiplayer, and it really bugs me actually. Its not so bad when you are on foot seperatly, but when one person is shooting in the jeep and the other driving... now that really narks me. Luckily we do have a big modern TV to play it on so hopefully multiplayer will seem a much better experience at home.

Im looking forward to DOA3 for no apprent reason other than to kick some serious ass, lol. Halo as a single player game is very good in my experience. Im a loyal fan of Team Fortress and this game certainly will never take away its shine but its certainly a great game.

So will you be dissapointed. I dont think you will be, Halo is a great game in its own right and there isnt really anything you can compare it to.

Mr.XboxLover

tmo
03-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey Afro,

Thx 4 da intro, believe me, hrs or fun, marked 2 days off work aswell so that I can drown myself in HALO !!

Fingers itchin, the excitement is rising...........

****, I WANT IT NOW !!! :D

Afro Aura
03-12-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by tmo
Hey Afro,

Thx 4 da intro, believe me, hrs or fun, marked 2 days off work aswell so that I can drown myself in HALO !!

Fingers itchin, the excitement is rising...........

****, I WANT IT NOW !!! :D
hehehehe nice you got yourself worked out there, 2 days off work and the Halo experience well done, I'm just happy I have to wait roughly 25 hours for my PAL XBOX as the shop is opening it's doors at 12 midnight yeeeaaahhh

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 04:59 PM

OK, I'll try to stay positive (LOL). Anyway it's 1.14am on Tuesday so ... TWO DAYS TO GO!!! :D :D :D

Dude!!! You have absolutely NO IDEA what Halo is going to be like! Seriously, don't judge Halo in only 5 minutes! It takes about 10 minutes just to get used to the controls and even the XBox controller! Dude, you will see and you will take your love for Half Life and put it on the back burner! Now, Half Life 2 will be a different story :D

But, about Halo, the game is immersive not only in the Campaign mode (that's the normal mission play), but also in Multi-player! The game has the largest replay value of any game I have ever played...I have had it since November 15, 2001, the day I got my XBox, and today is March 12, 2002 and it's still my #1 game! Only a few days have gone by that I haven't played it! And, every time I play multi-player on-line through Gamespy, it's a different enjoyable time than the last!

Just wait until you master the controls, which takes awhile - and to me that's a good thing because in Halo you actually get better and better! Who wants to master a game in a few days anyway? :D Anyway, that's my philosophy!

All I know is that if I were you, I wouldn't be able to sleep between now and 2 days!!!!

Halo of Flies
03-13-2002, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the reassurance Maximus!
Anyway things are hotting up now 'cos ....

THERE'S ONLY ONE MORE DAY LEFT!!!!!!!!

I've got a crap day today (I'm setting off for the hospital NOW) but I'll just keep tomorrow morning in mind to get me through. I'm counting the hours..

stilly
03-13-2002, 06:47 AM
tomorrow is the day we have all been waiting for, halo will be mine, booked 2 days off work, got the wife to stay with friends for the 4 days, so it'll be just me and halo for 4 days, pant, pant, what games are you lot getting on day one, after carefully planning (reading every review i can find on launch titles) it's gonna be halo (was always the first game i was getting just needed to choose the second) which is project gotham, just hope they've improved it over msr, in regards that you can see things in the road before you smash into them, at night in tokyo was a head fluck, but thats the two i'm after. halo, dribble dribble

GeordieTheSith
03-13-2002, 07:24 AM
im getting halo and maybe JSRF or NHL 2002 or my prefered choice Knockout Kings 2002, if its released :D

noodleboy
03-13-2002, 08:08 AM
Good Luck on getting your Xbox at launch everyone, you are definitely going to love it....and with so many titles coming out, with a ton of reviews out there, you guys should be in great shape. You guys will love it, and all this Halo talk going on......just get the game and you will see how great it is, I have yet to see or hear anyone disappointed with it, myself included.

Halo of Flies
03-13-2002, 05:08 PM
Less than nine hours left!! (will I be able to sleep tonight?) :eek:

tmo
03-13-2002, 05:13 PM
Yeeeha !! The day is almost here, da celebrations r about 2 begin !! No more sleepless nytz, da tym has come.........What a great day it's gonna b.

Enjoy all.........

Should reply soon, provided I aven't carpet burned my fingers on the controller and remembered to feed myself :p

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!

Afro Aura
03-13-2002, 06:59 PM
well the count has finished here at 1.00am I've got may new baby sitting in my living room waiting to set it up for playing Rallisport Challenge and with the Advanced AV pack it's gonna sound cool aaaawww look at them sitting side buy side US XBOX and PAL XBOX what a team

See ya

Kilik
03-13-2002, 07:41 PM
Congrats dude let me know how you like it.

Afro Aura
03-13-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Kilik
Congrats dude let me know how you like it.
hehehe yeah I would the only problem I've got a US XBOX as well so I wasn't surprised but I have to say I'm am so glad they but in that 60hz option now I've got full screen and a high rate of gameplay, thanks Microsoft I'm sure everyone over here in the UK will be as happy as I am.

And Rallisport Challenge is a great game too
So yea I love it, 60hz and all

See ya mate

Halo of Flies
03-14-2002, 01:35 AM
It's 7:35 and I'm setting off to collect my XBox NOW! ;)

Halo of Flies
03-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Just one word - Halo!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

My life is complete...