PDA

View Full Version : How to draw?

Hurr0
01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey guy's i'm working on a couple plates that I have, but the thing is my drawing is a bit off. Could anyone link a page that has a book I could purchase so that I could start off with a pad and pencil? :cheers:

SpaceGhost2K
01-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Man, there's a thousand "how to draw" books. It just depends on how much effort you want to put into it. Good artists spend years, so it's not something that an untrained person can read a couple of books and be good at it.

Books are good for understanding concepts, but the only way to get better at drawing it to draw relentlessly. The more you draw, the more you'll see what doesn't work so you can NOT do it the next time.

Don't let that keep you from giving it a shot, though. You don't have to be the best to enjoy it, and everybody has to start somewhere. I took a drawing class at 40 from the local community college just for the fun of it. Still can't draw a straight line, but I can draw a pear on a table. :D

Ohsay
01-30-2009, 07:44 AM
but I can draw a pear on a table. :D

I want it.

Hurr0
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Dude you are really from Scotland? I've never been there but i've seen William Wallace in action!!!!:cheers: