PDA

View Full Version : Not faceplate related, but very important.

SpaceGhost2K
02-05-2009, 07:52 PM
OK, so it seems like traffic is down a bit. People are broke, plate prices are coming down except from the people who are convinced their $50 plate is worth $250. The Off-Topic lounge was closed because people weren't behaving and the hand holding required by staff was getting ridiculous. Some people vacated thanks to that.

Anyway, all this to say that faceplates or no, Xbox Addict was built on user reviews. What separates them from the other, lesser (re: bottom-feeder) gaming websites is YOU. What games you play, and what you tell everyone about those games makes XBA unique.

Now I know all y'all got games for Christmas, and surely you've played through a few of them. Take a half hour, and write a review. Think it over. Edit it. Put some effort into it. Do you want to convince someone to get a game, or do you want to steer them away from one? Is that game flawless, does it have flaws that can be overlooked, or is it just $58 short of a $60 game?

Newer games are more likely to get selected as a highlighted user review. While everybody appreciates a good Kameo review, it's not gonna get you prime real estate on the front page. But Afro Samurai or Skate II might. Onechanbara is out tomorrow, and I will be on that like a Japanese schoolgirl on Pocky. But Gears 2, Fallout 3, Prince of Persia, Dead Space, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Midnight Club Los Angeles, Need For Speed Undercover, Far Cry 2, Mortal Kombat vs. D.C. Universe, Sonic Unleashed, Lord of the Rings: Conquest, Call of Duty World at War and a whole bunch of others could use your feedback.

What about Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, or Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise, or Lips? Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour? You're In The Movies (OK, maybe not). Tales of Vesperia.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/#

That should take you there. If not, there's a link on the front page. Write it in "Word" or something so you can check your spelling and grammar and things and stuff, and then move it over. Make yourself proud and write something that someone will want to read.

The more reviews, and the better they are, the more people will stop by to check them out. And that helps us, in the faceplate cave, too.

Fargoth
02-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Everyday you make some sort of difference. Even in tough times you work hard to keep people happy and you've supported this site even in its darkest times. I've lost count of how many good deeds you have done and you've reminded me why I came to and stayed at this site. I'm glad your here to brighten up dark times. You are right about what seperates us and makes us unique. Lately I haven't written much. I will go write some right now. Thanks.

SpaceGhost2K
02-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Everyday you make some sort of difference. Even in tough times you work hard to keep people happy and you've supported this site even in its darkest times. I've lost count of how many good deeds you have done and you've reminded me why I came to and stayed at this site. I'm glad your here to brighten up dark times. You are right about what seperates us and makes us unique. Lately I haven't written much. I will go write some right now. Thanks.

Ain't no thang, bro.