PDA

View Full Version : my 360 ....

NiNeBReaKeR
02-23-2009, 11:27 PM
It stopped working... I have a halo edition 360 xbox. It never got the RROD i talked to a couple people about it and as far as i know you don't need a receipt or the original cardboard box for the xbox that that they come in which i don't have either, lol. The thing is i never cracked open my xbox to fix it myself so i never broke the warrenty (don't kown how to spell that) so i should be able to send it in right? Well what i am asking is if i can still send it in and how and/or any input you can give me on this situation. Hey, the funny thing is my cousin is having the same problem with his xbox and he has the the elite xbox. So if anyone can help us with getting this prob resolved and any extra xbox info even if you don't know it all, it would be very very appreciated!! Thank you all i love this place and all the help you guys give me! :)

Ainokeatoo
02-24-2009, 04:12 AM
If it's RRoD that happened to your xbox and your warranty is still covering it, then I'm sure you can just phone MS and what not.

1-800-4MY-XBOX

Symmetric-XBA
02-24-2009, 05:48 AM
if its the rrod then you should be fine w/ ms for a free repair. however, if its not, then you will prob. have to pay. I think the going rate now for repair work is $99

SkilledJR
02-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Its best to have an extra 360 in the house just-in-case you have to send one in for repair.

I currently own 9 360's so I dont have to run into that problem.

Ainokeatoo
02-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Its best to have an extra 360 in the house just-in-case you have to send one in for repair.

I currently own 9 360's so I dont have to run into that problem.

Don't jinx yourself, e.e; both my 360's only went down once, one right after the other.

Shawn-XBA
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
That sucks man, like Aino said give Microsoft a call and 1-800-4MY-XBOX. Have your serial # handy, they will be able to tell you whether you are still covered under the warranty, if its expired the price is $99 dollars to fix it, I believe.

SkilledJR
02-26-2009, 12:15 AM
If it were me and it was my console and I was looking at a $100 fee to fix it I would tell M$ 1-800-463-3863 and play dumb and say "My xbox has these 3 red flashing lights everytime I try to turn it on, I turn it off the on and it's still the same. Is that the infamous ring of death?"

I kmow it would be lying but it will get you a free xbox 360 in 3 weeks and it most likely will by a jasper!

I did it with one I bought off Ebay for $40 and 3 weeks later I got a new 360 with the falcon!