PDA

View Full Version : RE5 Elite IS JASPER!

Symmetric-XBA
02-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Apparently a lot of consumers were very skeptical (like me) on this new ltd. edt. re5 elite. The big cause for concern was the fact that the new "Jasper" chipset has been reported as being released and the consumer did not know if the new RE5 elite's were just reg. elites painted red, or if they actually did do some forward thinking and made these consoles w/ the jasper chipset.

Well they have, ALL the new RE5 elite's ARE Jaspers! Incase people got tired of trying to follow all the different variations of the 360, the "Jasper" is the latest chipset and some of the big changes to what makes it different than the "Falcon" are:

more onboard memory (even with NXE installed on an arcade jasper the onboard memory is still showing almost 250MB, now who knows for sure untill these RE5 elites get disassembeled how much onboard memory will be included).

second is the new 65nm GPU instead of the 90nm. This i feel should have been included in the falcon chipset, but alas by the time your "falcon" breaks down, these should be fairly common.

Also the power supply uses less power than any 360 to date. Here's a couple pics to see how the amps compare from the Falcon to the Jasper

Here's the Falcon
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/SymmetricMusic/xbox%20auction%20items/falcon_find.jpg

And here is the Jasper
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/SymmetricMusic/xbox%20auction%20items/jasper_find.jpg

This is a 100% certain way to verify if you do or do not have the new Jasper chipset in your console, so next time you go to get a 360, ask to see the label on the boxes and look for a jasper.

As you can see less amps than the falcon. Also the system only requires 150W of power unlike the Falcon's 175, however, the Falcon's power supply can be used for the Jasper, however, a Jasper power supply obv. can't power a falcon.

Now hopefully with some of the confusion cleared up gamers will have a better insight as to what kind of system and what the quality they should expect is. Hope this helps everyone and if you're still bent on getting a RE5 rest easy b/c they are all Jasper chipsets.

*Lately the main source of Jasper sightings has been on Arcade systems (due to the popularity b/c of the low price point, these have been MS's top selling systems in terms of quantity sold).

Hurr0
02-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks bro, I will be needing this as I am planning on buying another Xbox :cool:

OBL infad3ll
03-01-2009, 10:15 PM
wow i just bought a falcon a mont ago, and now they come out with another chip! the xbox is becoming like cars, once you buy one the newer cooler model comes out like a week later.

now i want a new xbox.. :crying:

Symmetric-XBA
03-01-2009, 10:27 PM
imagine those who bought jaspers only to now find out that after that is "Opus" and the final version of the 360 the "vallhalla" chipset. Vallhalla is estimated late 2010 if even then, ms is being very tight lipped about this version, but apparently w/ the new motherboard of the jasper there are some added areas of "interest" that could be developed upon down the line.... hmm....

Hurr0
03-02-2009, 01:41 AM
Believe it or not there is absoloutley no danger of getting the red ring with a jasper chip. As far as the "Valhalla" chip, I haven't heard of it, however rumor has it Microsoft is working on project "Phoenix" codenamed for the new console that is 4-5x faster than the original 360. I'd say you'll probably be seeing a lot of these posts in the near future.:D

Ainokeatoo
03-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Believe it or not there is absoloutley no danger of getting the red ring with a jasper chip. As far as the "Valhalla" chip, I haven't heard of it, however rumor has it Microsoft is working on project "Phoenix" codenamed for the new console that is 4-5x faster than the original 360. I'd say you'll probably be seeing a lot of these posts in the near future.:D

You best not be messing with me talkin stuff like that. Do you have a link or is it just a rumor?

Symmetric-XBA
03-02-2009, 08:17 AM
no he is correct and information can be found on the teamxbox forums, you can also click this link as well for some info. http://www.bruceongames.com/2008/09/15/more-on-the-next-generation-consoles/

The jasper is the latest chipset which offers all the benefits that i posted up earlier, however, i wouldn't go so far as to say "its impossible to get the red rings w/ a jasper system" simply b/c you don't know how people treat their consoles. some people are heavy smokers and don't wipe down their console, or even clean their power supply. trust me if its a ms product and it has intricate electronic components it can break, the same can be said for almost any electronic device made today.

Ainokeatoo
03-02-2009, 08:32 AM
no he is correct and information can be found on the teamxbox forums, you can also click this link as well for some info. http://www.bruceongames.com/2008/09/15/more-on-the-next-generation-consoles/

Aw this is cool, MS is going to do it right this time, they messed up the 360 at the beginning, but they've managed to almost completely fix the problem by now, and will use this information to advance the next box. Jeeze, I can't believe it's this time already... I still have the CD with the E3 of 05 I believe when they first unveiled the console showing everyone Kameo, you guys member right? Four years have already passed, it's like a blur to me now.

Symmetric-XBA
03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
yeah but the real competitor that ms will have to watch out for is nintendo, imagine the sales if the wii had HD support and a hard drive? ms would be getting crushed 5 times harder. this being said nintendo obv. knows what its public wants (but sometimes they just don't listen) and i'm almost positive that the next system from nintendo will have HD support and a hdd. The prob. ms will be facing with their next system is what to offer gamers. We get HD support in 1080p already and if you think about it, 360 gamers get more for their money than any other console out there. I think ms's next move is trying to repair the damaged bonds it made w/ the gamers due to all the xbox's breaking down left and right. I mean if you look at it ms lost 1 billion (yes billion w/ a "b") dollars on the 360 console, it got so bad that at one point ms didn't have enough coffins to cover the amount needing repaired. plus when you add on the lawsuits, ms has taken a mammoth hit, however, its not as bad as sony's. sony looses money on every single system sold and with the stand alone blu-ray players out there that you can buy for cheaper, its price point doesn't make much sense. nintendo on the other hand is the dominant force to beat. just in dec. nintendo sold over 700,000 ds units and right now is strongly on pace to smash the ps2 record of being the #1 sold gaming system ever. Ms's new system had better be ready b/c gamers are tired of the "nickle and diming" and they will ultimately decide whether or not the company makes it or breaks it.

Hurr0
03-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Didn't realize they had a link for it, thanks for confirming though. :cool:

Variation-XBA
03-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm getting a red Elite regardless of what chip is inside, it would be a launch system for all I care painted red, that thing is hot.

Hurr0
03-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Gamestop exclusive, you can't just get it anywhere. Pre-order costs 50$ and it comes out on the 13th, I was going to buy it but decided to put my money towards a new game. After all i'll be staring at a screen more than I will my Xbox :cool: